SETA killed my game!

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Soulstar
x4

SETA killed my game!

Post by Soulstar » Wed, 19. Nov 08, 17:13

I've been playing the unpatched game EXTENSIVELY since release, and could engage in patrols with the sector covered in more red than the spergiant Antares, with a very acceptable slowdown. My system is fairly low spec too! I've used SETA 10x relentlessly all this time, but never for more than ~1hr at a time. The other day I left SETA on overnight for the first time for around 8hrs, and by the next morning the frame rate had gone from quite smooth to completely unplayable in combat. Turned the settings right down and even flying around normally in an average populated system became taxing. The odds of this being due to the increased lag/gametime ratio bug are astronomically remote. I read this was related to cutscenes and warptunnels anyhow, so does the 1.2.1 patch fix this problem also or is this only my problem? lol.

Also, since this point my random patrol missions have gone haywire in several ways. (1) Patrols have become hard to find, jumping to five or six sectors with many stations just to find one, they were quite abundant right before this. (2) The xenon (haven't found a khaak patrol since yet) seem completely disinterested in me, they don't even seem to notice me until i'm within a few clicks of them. When they jump in they fly off in all different directions and I struggle just to chase them down. On one occasion I watched in disbelief as a group of P's began wiping each other out! (3) The mission guidance often updates to fly to the next sector either (a) after I've only destroyed a couple of ships or, (b) as soon as they jump in. (4) I took a couple of random missions in Heaven's Assertion right before leaving the SETA on all night and since then the only patrols in all paranid space are against pirates, which are a mix of pirates and yaki, whom everytime begin killing each other (and stealing my profitsssss). Don't know if this is normal though.

I don't know if there are any other issues as i've stopped playing, but something is seriously wrong with SETA, or maybe my system's inability to cope with it. I don't have any technical software knowledge, and don't know how to post dxdiag as of yet. I think I have a save from about half a week before the 'SETA Conflict' but haven't tried to reload this yet. I don't want to have to revert if there's a solution. Any ideas? Thanks for bearing with this convoluted post, if you did. :wink:

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Wed, 19. Nov 08, 17:17

Instructions on posting a [url=http://www.egosoft.com/support/faq/faq_answer_en.php?answer=610&version=8][b]DX[/b][b]D[/b]iag[/url] report are linked from the very first thread in this forum - the one that asks you to provide them.

There is no reason why SETA itself should have any effect on your game performance. More likely it is simply the amount of time that has passed, which will obviously be more if you've been using SETA a lot. If you've left the game on SETA unattended then obviously you won't have been going through gates or viewing cutscenes, so it's unlikely that any fix associated with those things will make much difference in your case. That said, it's always worth keeping your game fully updated.

Soulstar
x4

Post by Soulstar » Wed, 19. Nov 08, 17:44

I'll try the patch and hopefully won't have to revert to the old save. I just thought it was worth bringing up in case the issue arises with someone else even with the patch. hopefully not eh. Thanks for the reply. :)

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”