SSSSsssstupid me!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Danya Turrel
x4

SSSSsssstupid me!

Post by Danya Turrel » Thu, 20. Nov 08, 19:24

I wanted a Teladianium Foundry in the Argon Prime area so I zipped over to Teladi space near Siezewell, hired an Albatross, and got her loaded up. After asking the captain to fly to Argon Prime I realized, in horror, my errors.

1. The Boron hate me. They pretty much shoot my ships on sight. Captain can't go the northerly route. And please don't accuse me of piracy. I just failed to complete a salvage mission and have suffered immensely for it.

2. The Southerly route (through what I call pirate alley, but maybe not to you guys) isn't much better. I'm hoping that the Teladi Captain, whose race seems to have a special relationship with the pirates, can make it through. I'm just watching with growing dread as that Albatross ever so ssssssslowly plods along.

In case he does get whacked, does anyone know if a hired TL gets attacked by a hostile race as if it were your own? I could always send him the other way

Thanks,

D

MegaJohnny
x4

Post by MegaJohnny » Thu, 20. Nov 08, 19:31

Save and try both ways. I'd personally though, send him the north way and myself go the South way.

Carl Sumner
x4

Re: SSSSsssstupid me!

Post by Carl Sumner » Thu, 20. Nov 08, 19:35

Danya Turrel wrote:In case he does get whacked, does anyone know if a hired TL gets attacked by a hostile race as if it were your own? I could always send him the other way
I think it goes by the captain's race relations, but that could depend on which game. Is this X3TC or X3R?

I sent an Argon TL, that I hired, into Kingdom End. This was way back in X3R V1.1, when there was a bug that made the Boron enemies of the Argon (Yikes!). I was friends with the Boron, but they attacked the Argon TL. So it was by the Captain's relations, not mine, and it is probably the same in X3TC. :)
Tinker

"If engineers built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization!"

sillls
x4

Post by sillls » Thu, 20. Nov 08, 20:19

Those salvage missions I think could use a longer time limit or no time limit at all, just as long as you don't sell it somewhere else. I got ran out of time and I was accused of trying to steal it. I hated that. I had to reload so I know how you feel.

Demolisher 2
x3tc

Post by Demolisher 2 » Thu, 20. Nov 08, 20:26

sillls wrote:Those salvage missions I think could use a longer time limit or no time limit at all, just as long as you don't sell it somewhere else. I got ran out of time and I was accused of trying to steal it. I hated that. I had to reload so I know how you feel.
And they should not payout lower than the cost of re-tuning the ship.

:D
This signature is here because it makes my posts look longer and therefore makes me seem like I know what I am talking about - which I do, honest! :wink: For example, the Ray is the best M2 and a Falcon always beats the other M3s, see!

Hey, now that TC is out the Ray does seem to be one of the best M2's. Maybe I had better change my sig...

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 20. Nov 08, 20:33

The rep loss for failing, and even the gain for completing, salvage missions is seriously out of whack. I failed one Teladi mission and my rank dropped six levels. For one lousy Toucan Hauler. Insane. :evil: What did it have on it, the CEO's private stash of 'weed? :roll: :lol:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

sillls
x4

Post by sillls » Thu, 20. Nov 08, 20:34

no no, I did not mean that we should keep them. I just ment that we should be given a better chance to turn them in that's all. However, I see why now why the mission is timed, but maybe there is another way of having accountability. Yes ofcourse if the payout was better...

Elucca
x3tc

Post by Elucca » Thu, 20. Nov 08, 20:52

Curiously, the nations seem to think failing a mission is worse than waging war against them.

NUKLEAR-SLUG
x3tc

Post by NUKLEAR-SLUG » Thu, 20. Nov 08, 22:43

The most sensible solution would simply be if you don't get it back in time you don't get paid. Fixed!

DocIceT

Post by DocIceT » Thu, 20. Nov 08, 23:57

In that case you would still get a freebie in effect and have stolen your client's ship.
Better to impose a fine to the value of the ship plus a markup. If you refuse to pay then your ranking drops through the floor as currently.
Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them. Albert Einstein

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Fri, 21. Nov 08, 08:51

NUKLEAR-SLUG wrote:The most sensible solution would simply be if you don't get it back in time you don't get paid. Fixed!
The pay for the mission is generally less than the value of the ship you're returning, as you'd expect--if they had that much money lying around they'd just buy a new ship! So you'd still be in pocket if that was the only result of failing a mission.

Personally, I think they should make all these missions work like the "Stolen ship" ones do--namely, if you still have the ship in question when the timer runs out, police ships jump in and destroy it. That would ensure you don't get something for nothing.

Ormac
x4

Post by Ormac » Fri, 21. Nov 08, 09:38

I seem to fail a Very Easy return Abandon ship with the Argon for no apparent reason. :?

I have something like 1h 30m to find a Buster in BHS and return to OL. I find and repair the Buster send it to the Station in OL but I get a message that I failed the mission when the Buster is in OL approaching the station.

Time on the Clock is still 35m or so and the Buster is in OL still flying to the station. The Argon then tell me they think I've stolen the ship.:? :evil: I've even tried being in OL in case I need to be in the same sector to release ship control.

I'm a Terran Defender in a Rapier without guns so I haven't shot up Argon assets.

I've done a few returns for the Terrans without them being impatient and deciding they don't want to give me the time they said they would allow.

sillls
x4

Post by sillls » Fri, 21. Nov 08, 15:04

Don't repair the ship. Just send it back.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”