[TC] Cutlass hostage at Earth Torus!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

masrock
x3tc

Cutlass hostage at Earth Torus!

Post by masrock » Fri, 21. Nov 08, 12:26

This must be a bug.

even with a jumpdrive and energy cells, If I order this ship to jump to Heretics end, it gets destroyed, If I ask it to fly away, It gets destroyed.

Any solutions?

Masrock

delray
x3tc

Post by delray » Fri, 21. Nov 08, 12:28

Raise your Terran reputation to the point where they allow you to fly to Earth freely. And get your ship back then.

It's easy, just do two dozens of very hard taxi missions in Terran space. Kestrel or Rapier can do any of those without a problem as long as you aren't using autopilot.

masrock
x3tc

Post by masrock » Fri, 21. Nov 08, 12:45

My rep is marshall of IO I think - I could buy the guns for the Vidar anyway, and I've done the earth access mission and been allowed to dock once.

Masrock

JamieKnowles
x4

Post by JamieKnowles » Fri, 21. Nov 08, 12:47

Try being in sector when you command your Cutlass to jump.

That was the only way i could find to get that Cutlass out.
Last edited by JamieKnowles on Fri, 21. Nov 08, 12:49, edited 1 time in total.

Kapakio
x4

Post by Kapakio » Fri, 21. Nov 08, 12:47

Fly it by yourself. The OOS flight in earth always get messed with the allowed boundaries.

I also saw in an old thread that giving first the order to idle and then jumping could avoid the problem

DarkTemplar
x3tc

Post by DarkTemplar » Fri, 21. Nov 08, 14:14

I got a similar problem, i didnt know about this problem and sended 2 of my Yoklohamas to the earth sector for jumpdrives. One got destroyed on remains as hostage.

masrock
x3tc

Post by masrock » Fri, 21. Nov 08, 14:22

vbruzual wrote:Fly it by yourself. The OOS flight in earth always get messed with the allowed boundaries.

I also saw in an old thread that giving first the order to idle and then jumping could avoid the problem
I've tried being in sector but tended to get blown up myself because I'm not sure of the route between the gate and the dock. Can anyone describe the correct route to the docking point?

I'll try the idle then jump approach.

Masrock

Spaceweed Adict
x3tc

Post by Spaceweed Adict » Fri, 21. Nov 08, 14:32

Yer the Earth Torus is bugged the problem is with the shear size of the station and the colision avidance combine this with the area limitation and Boom! :D
Well if you want your ship out and don't want to trap another ship in there try this.
fly to the Earth orbital accelerator in the moon and park your ship just clear then jump out in your spacesuit and go throu the accelerator.
Once in Earth sector turn side on to the Torus and use strafe to get to the docking area this will travel at around 100 m/s in your suit.
Once in com range ask permission to dock then dock in your suit in the fighter docking bay.
Once docked you'll see 2 ships docked your Cutless and your spacesuit just select change ship and you'll be back aboard your cutless and no ship left behind. :wink:
A bit long winded I know but it works every time.

Edit.
Oh by the way the first time you entered the earth sector you never had the jump tunnel active in you options did you as this courses the problem when leaving earth and you will not be able to return.
Last edited by Spaceweed Adict on Fri, 21. Nov 08, 14:37, edited 1 time in total.

Dudsworth
x3tc

Post by Dudsworth » Fri, 21. Nov 08, 14:34

All I did was dock at the torus and ordered the Cutlass to "Follow Me" . then I flew my ship out of the sector (NO AUTO PILOT). It worked fine , first time .
Of course could be a fluke.?
An M4 is for life not just for christmas

zooze
xr

Post by zooze » Fri, 21. Nov 08, 16:04

Fly it out yourself its the eaisest way.

Distortionist
x4

Post by Distortionist » Fri, 21. Nov 08, 20:36

Edit.
Oh by the way the first time you entered the earth sector you never had the jump tunnel active in you options did you as this courses the problem when leaving earth and you will not be able to return.
crap.

I have the tunnel video, and I tried endlessly leaving without getting a message saying I will be killed when leaving earth wether I jump or fly through the accelerator. I didnt die tho, but each time I send a ship there it gets destroyed, and I have to reload.

Whats the bug exacly ? do I have to reload and go to earth for the first time without the jump video ? can I turn the video on in earth after that ? and is that what causes my ships that go there on autopilot without me in the sector to get destroyed ? or is autopilot all together bugged in that sector ?

I am a man with many questions... sorry!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”