[TC] What is the Best M6 ship in X3 Terren now then?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

AjRyder
x3ap

What is the Best M6 ship in X3 Terren now then?

Post by AjRyder » Sat, 22. Nov 08, 14:38

I just wanted to know have they changed much and can you cap the Xenon one now? :wink:
Star Trek Phase II watch new episodes now at

http://www.startreknewvoyages.com

My computer is fast very very fast ;)

Follow me on Twitter @Formula1Dragon

delray
x3tc

Post by delray » Sat, 22. Nov 08, 15:01

You can cap Xenon only in invasion missions from border sectors. You could use marines but it's extremely unlikely they will succeed.

Best M6?

From normal ones Skiron, good shields, decent speed, doesn't look that hedious either. Or Prototype Heavy Centaur. Great speed and great looks but you have to cap it first.

From overpowered ones: Vidar, then Springblossom.

AjRyder
x3ap

Post by AjRyder » Sat, 22. Nov 08, 15:43

Well it has to be overpowered!!! BUt springblossom!!! Thats a very funny name

Demolisher 2
x3tc

Post by Demolisher 2 » Sat, 22. Nov 08, 15:50

The best M6 is now... the Hyperion. Nothing else comes close - the Hyp has PBGs, tons of cargobay, docks two ships, 1GJ of shielding, goes at 170, turns twice as quickly as any other corvette (bar the P) and has as many guns as a frigate, and a laser generator half again as big as the races' Heavy Corvettes. However, it cannot be bought - you must capture it with Marines.
This signature is here because it makes my posts look longer and therefore makes me seem like I know what I am talking about - which I do, honest! :wink: For example, the Ray is the best M2 and a Falcon always beats the other M3s, see!

Hey, now that TC is out the Ray does seem to be one of the best M2's. Maybe I had better change my sig...

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Sat, 22. Nov 08, 16:11

Demolisher 2 wrote:The best M6 is now... the Hyperion. Nothing else comes close - the Hyp has PBGs, tons of cargobay, docks two ships, 1GJ of shielding, goes at 170, turns twice as quickly as any other corvette (bar the P) and has as many guns as a frigate, and a laser generator half again as big as the races' Heavy Corvettes. However, it cannot be bought - you must capture it with Marines.
Agree it's quite a nice ship - tend to use mine as a station tug (front mounted tractor beam is very handy) & as a hot zone TM for resupplying jumpdrives, drones, marines (etc) when I'm out stealing ships, but still vastly prefer the Springblossom. May not be as good on paper (fewer guns, less shielding, smaller cargo bay, less weapon energy & no docking bays) but the speed is simply intoxicating & the manoeuverability is almost as good. Just a pity they gave it such a daft name.

delray
x3tc

Post by delray » Sat, 22. Nov 08, 16:16

For personal ship I like extreme speeds so a corvette that goes 360 is exactly what I need.

AjRyder
x3ap

Post by AjRyder » Sat, 22. Nov 08, 16:29

GCU Grey Area wrote:
Demolisher 2 wrote:The best M6 is now... the Hyperion. Nothing else comes close - the Hyp has PBGs, tons of cargobay, docks two ships, 1GJ of shielding, goes at 170, turns twice as quickly as any other corvette (bar the P) and has as many guns as a frigate, and a laser generator half again as big as the races' Heavy Corvettes. However, it cannot be bought - you must capture it with Marines.
Agree it's quite a nice ship - tend to use mine as a station tug (front mounted tractor beam is very handy) & as a hot zone TM for resupplying jumpdrives, drones, marines (etc) when I'm out stealing ships, but still vastly prefer the Springblossom. May not be as good on paper (fewer guns, less shielding, smaller cargo bay, less weapon energy & no docking bays) but the speed is simply intoxicating & the manoeuverability is almost as good. Just a pity they gave it such a daft name.
How many marines do you need to capture one of these fine ships and also who makes them?

Naferius

Post by Naferius » Sat, 22. Nov 08, 16:39

VIDAR!MAML launchers are the BOMB!
One down... millions to go.

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Sat, 22. Nov 08, 16:43

AjRyder wrote:How many marines do you need to capture one of these fine ships and also who makes them?
I use 5 marines to capture all my ships (maximum capacity for an M6 dropship) but wouldn't advise trying to capture a Springblossom. Anyway, they can be bought in Aldrin if you've completed the Terran plot.

However I had to, in order to get enough guns to arm mine (eEMPC production in Aldrin seems to be a bit bugged) & it was a right pain in the posterior. Took several hours, over the course of a couple of evenings - stealing M2s is ridiculously easy by comparison: Springblossom is just so bloody fast, particularly when you're trying to capture one in mint condition (so the guns don't get trashed), with marines who move at 28m/s...

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sat, 22. Nov 08, 19:07

GCU Grey Area wrote: However I had to, in order to get enough guns to arm mine (eEMPC production in Aldrin seems to be a bit bugged)
I have a total of 2 EEMPCs on my Springblossom, providing missile defence in the side turrets--prototype M/AMs and SSPCs in all other slots; works fine!

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Sat, 22. Nov 08, 19:21

pjknibbs wrote:I have a total of 2 EEMPCs on my Springblossom, providing missile defence in the side turrets--prototype M/AMs and SSPCs in all other slots; works fine!
Fortunately managed to get hold of 6 from the Aldrin mineral transporter I borrowed, precisely the number I needed: 4 for the back turret for missile defence & another 2 for the front guns, for when I need something relatively low powered for shield suppression while capturing ships with 200MJ shields (M/AMs & SSCs are a bit too high powered for that job). Personally prefer SSCs for the side turrets (on 'Attack My Target' orders) to eliminate the faster M5s which are a bit too nippy to hit with the main guns.

Kor'ah
x4

Post by Kor'ah » Sat, 22. Nov 08, 20:12

Springblossom is the best M6. Even unarmed it's quite usefell fetching items in terran space thanks to 2k XL cargo hold and 360m/s speed. If you can find enough guns to fit on it the ship becomes "Godmode" in player hands.
[X3] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots
[X3T] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots in Terran Conflict

The mercenary code
There is no right or wrong.
There is no good or evil.
There is only the will of the client, and how much they're paying.

Saber15
x4

Post by Saber15 » Sat, 22. Nov 08, 20:48

Springblossom. While the weapons it mounts are slightly weaker than the standard Terran versions, it has 8 weapon slots in the front and 2 weapon slots in each of its 3 turrets.

It outperforms M4s at 360m/s.
It has 2000 freight capacity, making it an awesome (personal) freighter.

AjRyder
x3ap

Post by AjRyder » Sat, 22. Nov 08, 21:29

Where or when do you get spring blossom?

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sat, 22. Nov 08, 21:39

Saber15 wrote:While the weapons it mounts are slightly weaker than the standard Terran versions, it has 8 weapon slots in the front and 2 weapon slots in each of its 3 turrets.
No it doesn't--it has one gun on each of the side turrets and four on the back turret. Otherwise correct, though.

mcsquared
x3tc

Post by mcsquared » Sun, 23. Nov 08, 05:57

My personal preference is the Terran Vidar I got during the Terran Campaign. It's not fast but it has five 200MJ shields and 14 Electro-Magnetic Plasma Cannons, 10 as main lasers, with two each in a front and back turret. Also, I have NEVER run out of laser energy! Note: You can mount Matter/Anti-Matter Launchers but you lose a lot of cargo space.

Random_Guy
x3tc

Post by Random_Guy » Sun, 23. Nov 08, 06:10

You lose a lot of cargo space, but you gain a lot of destructive potential. I'm not normally one to use ammo based weapons, but MAML's are much better than EMPC's in pretty much every way.

tarron
x3tc

Post by tarron » Sun, 23. Nov 08, 06:43

The Hyperion Vanguard is fantastic. 169 speed, 3333 XL cargo space, and 8 forward Ion Shards with PACs or HEPT all around (I like pacs personally). It also sports 5x200mj shields and a fantastic power plant.

And you can dock 2 ships at it!

The speed, cargo, defense and firepower are all awesome. It is a fantastic ship and totally worth taking the time to cap.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sun, 23. Nov 08, 08:27

Random_Guy wrote:You lose a lot of cargo space, but you gain a lot of destructive potential. I'm not normally one to use ammo based weapons, but MAML's are much better than EMPC's in pretty much every way.
And they fire relatively slowly, which is actually an advantage for ammo-based guns; means they don't chew through ammo like Mass Drivers or Energy Bolt Chainguns do! A single crate of ammo will keep ten M/AM launchers firing for around 20 seconds, and if every shot hits you'll deal around 2GJ of shield damage during that time...

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sun, 23. Nov 08, 09:25

Best M6... hmmm.... here are my thoughts...

Vidar is excellent (was my first M6 - EMPC all round, now have MAMLs for the front guns but not driven it recently)

Skiron is a capper ship (8 x IPG forward and 2 x EBC in each turret - used it only once to cap so far but it worked fine)

Spring blossom is my favourite ... fast + deadly (8 x PMAML forward, 1 x PSSC up/down (missile defence), 4 x PSSC aft (attack enemies)... if they try to follow you they are dead... if you have them in front and can hit them they are dead... missiles??? what missiles???)
Spoiler
Show
Truelight Seeker can mount 6 of almost any gun type forward but has no turrets.
WRT Hyperion M6... I gather that the turrets are broken (from a post I read on this forum)... and you will need to cap one as you can't buy one
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”