setting up shop in weavers tempest. Yaki problem

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Abscon
x3tc

setting up shop in weavers tempest. Yaki problem

Post by Abscon » Sun, 23. Nov 08, 17:09

Alright here's the problem i want to start up Base in weavers tempest but even though i have taken out all yaki stations ships and such they still keep spawning....I'm playing a custom game no storyline.

its been going on for the last half an hour do they eventually stop or do i have to keep going at it untill i lose all profitsss? :shock:
The X3tc Mantra
Trade...
Fight...
Build...
Think...
Steal everything that's not bolted down...

summon_libre

Post by summon_libre » Sun, 23. Nov 08, 17:17

Pretty sure they'll just keep on spawning

Some sectors are like that. The Unknown sector above the Argon Military Sector spawns so many Kha'aak it's like they own the place - Course I only really found that out AFTER I'd built a supercomplex there and they intercepted every damn transport that left the place :x

1,000 dead Kha'ak later and they're still doing it...

The Great Destroyer

Post by The Great Destroyer » Sun, 23. Nov 08, 17:18

What do you expect?,That is the Yaki core sector,they will always try to rebuild there.

anneking

Post by anneking » Sun, 23. Nov 08, 20:29

Well I have a complex in Weavers Tempest. I started building there after I made friends with the Yaki (do-able, i.e. need to find missions in Yaki space).

Blowing them up ISN’T the way to make friends. Yup, whadya expect.

Painman
x3tc

Post by Painman » Sun, 23. Nov 08, 21:17

Anneking's strat for the Yaki is the way to go, really, if you want to use that space. You can't eradicate the Yaki any more than you can erase the Paranid from their territory. I was fortunate in my last game (before my save got glitched and I had to scrap it :cry:) I got a Pirate base to spawn in Yaki space and used it to start "pacifying" Weaver's Tempest.

Make friends with them and they won't bother you, except for those TLs of theirs that constantly use the gate between Ocracoke's and Senator's and make navigational hazards out of themselves. And since they hate everyone (but you, if you made the effort), they make some decent free protection.

Mars Mug
x3tc

Post by Mars Mug » Sun, 23. Nov 08, 23:58

I sent a Paranid shipload of stations to Senator’s Badlands today, I followed it’s progress right up to the last gate then took my eye off the ball. When I jumped to the sector it had gone, and was no longer in my property list (as hired). So I re loaded and jumped to the sector and waited for it to arrive, I saw the Yaki pile into it, they clearly don’t like Paranid. I just had time to get it to unload the stations before it blew. Good job it doesn’t have to fly to the position where the station goes.

I also found tonight that I could comm. all the Kaki hostile ships outside Weavers Tempest and apologise for firing on them (even though I hadn’t)and they went friendly and oddly with a few ships I had to comm. them twice. Didn’t work in Weavers Tempest though but that’s now the only hostile Yaki sector for me, I’m hoping they might trade with my stations to improve relations?

summon_libre

Post by summon_libre » Mon, 24. Nov 08, 00:05

THe problem I seem to have with Yaki and Pirates is even when I make friends with them, only some of them will turn blue. There still seems to be some who hate me no matter what... :?

Painman
x3tc

Post by Painman » Mon, 24. Nov 08, 01:30

Mars Mug wrote:I sent a Paranid shipload of stations to Senator’s Badlands today, I followed it’s progress right up to the last gate then took my eye off the ball. When I jumped to the sector it had gone, and was no longer in my property list (as hired). So I re loaded and jumped to the sector and waited for it to arrive, I saw the Yaki pile into it, they clearly don’t like Paranid. I just had time to get it to unload the stations before it blew. Good job it doesn’t have to fly to the position where the station goes.

I also found tonight that I could comm. all the Kaki hostile ships outside Weavers Tempest and apologise for firing on them (even though I hadn’t)and they went friendly and oddly with a few ships I had to comm. them twice. Didn’t work in Weavers Tempest though but that’s now the only hostile Yaki sector for me, I’m hoping they might trade with my stations to improve relations?
That Akuma that patrols Senator's means business, doesn't it...

The Yaki are kind of like a mini-game... I don't know how much of your stuff they'll buy, if any, since they don't have any TS/TP ships, but then, I didn't lull them with goods -- I had a Pirate Base pop up in Savage Spur, which I used for some Build missions and station hacking... then with the little cluster of Pirate stations I had going, I hacked the rest of the Weaver's stations and did some assassination missions, making sure that the mark was Pirate and not Yaki, and every time I spawned a big Pirate fight in a Yaki sector I got some rep for killing them all.

Eventually I could enter Weaver's without every ship being red, apologize to the rest, dock at the stations I hacked, take missions from them, etc.

Very shortly thereafter, the Paranid sent a task force into Savage Spur and took out the Pirate base and all the other stations there, save for a snail ranch and jewellery fab... one of the fabs they blew up had a fully kitted Mistral SF parked at its clamp :evil:

They'll pay for that... Price, one Hyperion Vanguard. Then we'll be even.

Mars Mug
x3tc

Post by Mars Mug » Mon, 24. Nov 08, 10:22

In my game I have nothing in Yaki space but my few stations. I didn’t mind building them there and I agree that there’s little chance of them buying from me, but I’m a little stuck since I see no missions from the Yaki ships that other people mention.

It's difficult to really know when to use spoiler tags in this forum but here goes just in case;
Spoiler
Show
I have wiped out Duke’s Haven several times since some suggest that this helps with Yaki rating, and I occasionally hear a ‘thank-you’ from the Pirate Faction which I am assuming comes from the Yaki? But I really can’t tell if that is helping. Some have also suggested that the Duke’s Haven station can re-spawn friendly but I’ve not seen that happen after 3 kills.

anneking

Post by anneking » Mon, 24. Nov 08, 11:29

And the catch-22 with making friends with the Yaki is that half the fight missions I take on have Yaki in them, if you shoot them up, lose rep, back to square one OR abort mission lose rep, leave a big mess in sector. Big headache.

I’m thinking of pulling out of Yaki space, got plenty of IBLs now, let them blow up my complex.

As for wiping out a sector and hoping it will come back a nice shade of blue = urban myth. DO that with any race you lose rep. Why should the pirate clans be any different?

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”