[SCRIPT] Rotate and Move Objects

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Graxster
x3tc

[SCRIPT] Rotate and Move Objects

Post by Graxster » Mon, 24. Nov 08, 22:04

Rotate and Move Objects
  • Adds 14 hotkeys for moving, rotating, and repositioning objects: Stations, Asteroids, Jump Gates, Ships, etc...
  • Includes "Align Mine Up" hotkey, which you can see in the attached screenshot.
  • Adds 3 keys for rotation on all 3 axes.
  • Adds 6 keys for movement directional movement: North, South, East, West, Up, Down.
  • Adds a "Reposition Object" hotkey that allows you to choose a new sector position.
  • Adds hotkeys for Reverse Rotation, Increment Rotation, and Reset Rotation.
Notes:

The hotkeys work on your current TARGET, so you must have something targeted, obviously.

The Rotation and Movement keys will allow you to reposition a station that is already a part of a complex, as well as allowing you to rotate/move the Complex Hub. To target a station that is part of a complex, aim your ship at it and press Shift +T. Don't worry about the connecting tubes, they flex like rubber bands and will adapt to any moving/rotating you may do.

Reposition Object: Asks you to choose a Sector and Position. This allows quickly moving an object across the sector. Or if you placed a station and it's hitting another station, you can quickly move it somewhere else before it explodes. Note that only ships can be repositioned to a different sector.

Reverse Rotation: When you're using the hotkeys for Alpha, Beta, and Gamma rotation the object will only be turning in one direction. Press the Reverse Rotation hotkey (you will hear a sound played) and it will switch to the opposite rotation. This is only used for rotation, not for N,S,E,W,Up,Down movement. Those have their own keys.

Increment Rotate/Move: This hotkey has 4 modes. Press the key repeatedly to change the amount you are moving/rotating an object and it will cycle through and back to the start again. The increments are 100, 250, 500, and 1000. Note that I added an Argon voice when you change this, so you can have an idea what increment you're selecting. The numbers said by the voice are not the actual numbers as stated above (I think he says, "500, 1000, 5000, 10000").

[ external image ]

The above picture shows mines after using "Align Mine Up" and using the Movement keys to put them close together. If you're not already using FCC scripts, I suggest using Shift + numpad keys for the hotkeys. Read the README.txt file, as it has some suggestions, and this many hotkeys can seem overwhelming at first.

This is a powerful set of hotkeys, so use them wisely! :D Want to move the Jump Gates in President's End far apart and make the sector more useful? You can do that. Hate those Sectors where the gates are 150-200km apart? Move them closer! Disgusted with trying to build factory complexes? Drop your station, then reposition it however you like. Argon Titan can't catch that Xenon K? Reposition him! Need to move that asteroid out of the asteroid field and into a clear area where you're building your complex? No problem!

Also of note is that I've included an uninstall script that will remove all the hotkeys should you decide to stop using the scripts. In the SPK version, the uninstall file is stored in the Plugin Manager folder, IIRC. Enjoy!

-Grax

SPK

[ external image ]

RAR archive

[ external image ]

Idea
x4

Post by Idea » Mon, 24. Nov 08, 23:02

big,biG,bIG,BIG THANKS

tontonfred
x3

Re: [SCRIPT] Rotate and Move Objects

Post by tontonfred » Tue, 25. Nov 08, 01:07

Graxster wrote:Don't worry about the connecting tubes, they flex like rubber bands and will adapt to any moving/rotating you may do.
I assume you are talking about the fact that the stations stay part of the complex, because onscreen, the tubes don't "flex" at all, they stay where they were before. Is this the intended behavior ?

Fred

Graxster
x3tc

Post by Graxster » Tue, 25. Nov 08, 01:34

Yes, I meant the "invisible connection" that keeps everything linked. My bad for not mentioning the part about the tubes themselves. It's because I use the "invisible tubes" mod, so I can never see them anyway. :)

-Grax

angrysquirrel
x3

Post by angrysquirrel » Tue, 25. Nov 08, 01:39

graxter you are THE MAN!!! :D Just what I needed to reorganize my complex. Thanks a bunch!

Engriffi
x3

Post by Engriffi » Sun, 28. Dec 08, 00:31

To get tubes to re-align to new station position, you'll have to either self destruct the complex hub and re-buy/deploy the complex connectors. A hassle, IMO. Rather, when you've got the complex positioned to your liking, connect one more station, and your connections will 're-snap' appropriatley.

Seathal
x4

Post by Seathal » Sun, 28. Dec 08, 02:36

This will save me from hours of tedious station towing. FCC option to mvoe stations might be good in empty sectors but keeps failing in busy ones.

Thanks!

esamimbias

Post by esamimbias » Wed, 14. Jan 09, 20:05

Hi

great script, thank you.

I refer to it in a topic where I explain how to cap a Kha'ak cruiser using scripts that are not exactly cheats.

I mention a problem, if something can reproduce it, we may ask a correction.
I'm using XTC 1.4, this script and many others (...)

Let's say I'm flying in sector A
When I relocate a ship in sector B and then I try to jump in sector B (using shift+J or the jump command), the game freeze (the screen becomes black as during a normal jump, but never comes back to a normal screen showing me sector B). CPU is 100% and only a kill in the task manager exits the game. :evil:

Too bad for some "follow missions" that are buggy and could be achieved quickly using this script.

Any clue ?

Edit : The scripts I use :
- Community Plugin Configuration
- Lazcorp Crystal Free SPP
- Lazcorp Claim Derelict
- Marine Training Manager
- NPC Bailing Addon
= Rotate & Move Objects
- The Marauder Shipyard
- Universal Missile Complex
- UT for Most Ship
- Weapons Quickwap
Esa Mimbias
Proud owner of a *really overtweaked* Heavy Centaur

Seathal
x4

Post by Seathal » Sun, 25. Jan 09, 20:38

I thought of something that could be good.

Since you have increases for the distance... why not have a separate increase/decrease key for rotation? As in 1, 5, 10, 20, 45, 90, 120, 135, 180, 225, 270, 315 and 360 degrees for easy node attachign in chase of the stations and complexes? That would be amazing. (1, 5, 10 and 20 as basic values, all otheers for 45 multiplers of 360; quarters. And 120 for thirds (some stations have three sets of nodes in equidistant gradual distance)).

Still; it's an amazing and useful tool for complex building.

[Edit] Oh and the Argon guy voice is neat... but confusing since it's not the values he's saying... I got my brain burnt (I didn't fully read your description, my bad) when I saw it didn't move 10k but 1k.

oldmartian
x3tc

A small problem

Post by oldmartian » Mon, 26. Jan 09, 08:42

installed the script, checked the mod manager to be sure that it is installed, restarted the game and it doesn't work, holding the shift key and using the numberpad does nothing, I'm updated to v1.4 and have a few other scripts running, can you point me in a direction
Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy Sh*t...What a Ride!

Seathal
x4

Re: A small problem

Post by Seathal » Mon, 26. Jan 09, 11:55

oldmartian wrote:installed the script, checked the mod manager to be sure that it is installed, restarted the game and it doesn't work, holding the shift key and using the numberpad does nothing, I'm updated to v1.4 and have a few other scripts running, can you point me in a direction
You have to set the hotkeys for it in "Options" > "Controls" > "Interface" for it to work.

oldmartian
x3tc

Post by oldmartian » Tue, 27. Jan 09, 01:10

Thanks
Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy Sh*t...What a Ride!

angrysquirrel
x3

Post by angrysquirrel » Sun, 6. Dec 09, 01:26

Hi Grax!

Fantastic script you have here. I'm trying to track down a bug I have though with my complex. For some reason I used to be able to add a factory to my hub and then move the factory away from the hub after it was added. For some reason now, I cannot seem to be able to highlight or select the factory that was added to the hub anymore. Maybe it has something to do with the new 2.5 patch?

Also thought it might have had something to do with the tubeless construction mod. I disabled that but no change. Is anyone else able to select their factory and move it after it was added to the hub with this script? Thanks!

This is really off topic but has anyone tried to tractor an enemy ship to slow it down for capping? Will that work? Thanks!

AndrewGR
x3tc

Post by AndrewGR » Thu, 29. Apr 10, 11:21

Great concept & script based on a clever idea!
NOW, if the author would convert it for use with X3R-XTM or create something similar..................
Ace

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Thu, 29. Apr 10, 11:56

Just joined my 'Must have installed' list :)

LA

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 29. Apr 10, 14:50

AndrewGR wrote:NOW, if the author would convert it for use with X3R-XTM or create something similar..................
Graxter has not posted on the Fora since Aug 2009 ...

However, how about Bunny's Advanced Tractor Beam for X3R?

AndrewGR
x3tc

Post by AndrewGR » Fri, 30. Apr 10, 11:15

Yeah, already seen that - works great, BUT . . . . . . . . only for player controlled stations IIRC.
On the other hand, I was thinking about several...eerrm... possibilities that -let's say- arise with XTM - but my scripting skills are far from adequate for such a task.

Anyway this is getting out of hand - we're talking X3TC here, so let's drop it guys...
Ace

lordmuck
x4

Post by lordmuck » Fri, 7. May 10, 14:45

Nice installing now thanks

MadGizmo
xr

Post by MadGizmo » Sat, 15. May 10, 18:49

I really love this thing. It works great. It makes creating complexes so much easier. Too bad the guy has left us. But in case he peeks into his threads once in a while: Thanks! ;)

dpadula
x4

Post by dpadula » Sun, 25. Jul 10, 04:55

This goes perfectly with Build Gates by LV.

Thanks Graxx wherever you may be out there in the Universe.
-----
Dell Precision 3600
12 gb ram
Nvidia 1060
256 gd boot ssd and 1 tb data ssd
Windows 10

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”