[SCRIPT] Rotate and Move Objects

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 29. Apr 10, 14:50

AndrewGR wrote:NOW, if the author would convert it for use with X3R-XTM or create something similar..................
Graxter has not posted on the Fora since Aug 2009 ...

However, how about Bunny's Advanced Tractor Beam for X3R?

AndrewGR
x3tc

Post by AndrewGR » Fri, 30. Apr 10, 11:15

Yeah, already seen that - works great, BUT . . . . . . . . only for player controlled stations IIRC.
On the other hand, I was thinking about several...eerrm... possibilities that -let's say- arise with XTM - but my scripting skills are far from adequate for such a task.

Anyway this is getting out of hand - we're talking X3TC here, so let's drop it guys...
Ace

lordmuck
x4

Post by lordmuck » Fri, 7. May 10, 14:45

Nice installing now thanks

MadGizmo
xr

Post by MadGizmo » Sat, 15. May 10, 18:49

I really love this thing. It works great. It makes creating complexes so much easier. Too bad the guy has left us. But in case he peeks into his threads once in a while: Thanks! ;)

dpadula
x4

Post by dpadula » Sun, 25. Jul 10, 04:55

This goes perfectly with Build Gates by LV.

Thanks Graxx wherever you may be out there in the Universe.
-----
Dell Precision 3600
12 gb ram
Nvidia 1060
256 gd boot ssd and 1 tb data ssd
Windows 10

Vayde
x3tc

Post by Vayde » Thu, 2. Sep 10, 11:28

I've been playing with this for a day or two now and it works well, however trying to select a station within a complex by flying close and hitting t or shift T does not work.

Have used it to great effect where a docking clamp aligned directly facing a sun, obscured the view in a menu. Just rotate the station a few degrees and all is well :)

I agree it's a shame he's been missing for a while now and I hope he returns someday. Unless he already has using an alias :)
Still life in the old dog yet...

lordmuck
x4

Post by lordmuck » Mon, 27. Feb 12, 23:50

Please tell me this will work in AP !

EDIT:-

EPIC!! so far this is working awesome !!!

Graxster
x3tc

Post by Graxster » Mon, 16. Apr 12, 01:45

Vayde wrote:I've been playing with this for a day or two now and it works well, however trying to select a station within a complex by flying close and hitting t or shift T does not work.

I agree it's a shame he's been missing for a while now and I hope he returns someday. Unless he already has using an alias :)
Controls > Game > Targeting > Track target - I have this set to T (shift + t). Not sure if that's default or not. I just tried it with my aiming reticule pointed at a wheat farm that is part of a complex, and it worked fine. I then aimed at the solar power plant that is part of the complex, and it worked fine. Not sure what your issue is. When activated, this puts your targeting computer into "seek mode", where it's actively searching for a target. It will target whatever is closest to the center of the aiming reticule.

As for the other comment(s), I'm still alive, and check in now and then. :)

Vayde
x3tc

Post by Vayde » Mon, 16. Apr 12, 12:47

Hi Graxster thanks for the reply and nice to see you are still alive and well :)
Still life in the old dog yet...

Gersidi

Post by Gersidi » Tue, 22. Jul 14, 16:14

Forgive me I'm still a newb and I have a few questions.....

I installed the mod and it shows up in the script editor section. There are multiple entries (commands) listed and they are named like plugin.rotate.a, b, c... Etc.. How do I tell what each entry does, and how do I assign a hotkey to it?

Thanks!

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Tue, 22. Jul 14, 16:34

You don't have to run the scripts manually from the Script Editor. Instead you assign the hotkeys in the Options menu under Controls -> Interface -> Extensions. Afterwards you can press the hotkey for the respective function.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Gersidi

Post by Gersidi » Tue, 22. Jul 14, 17:15

So I just create a hot key, choose its name and link it to a command?

You don't know off chance what each script command does do you? Each entry has no description and I have no idea by looking at the code for example, which one is align mine up, move object down, etc..

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Tue, 22. Jul 14, 21:50

I'm not sure, why you are so keen on running the scripts manually from the Script Editor!? But as I mentioned in my first post already, you don't have to!

As mentioned above, go to the normal options menu of the game (standard key combination to open is Shift+O). From there open the Controls menu, go to the Interface tab and scroll down to the Extension section. There you find all hotkeys that are created by scripts in your game, including the ones from this script. The hotkeys are usually named quite clearly, so that you should know by its name, what it is for. Then you can bind a key or key combination to these hotkeys.

(If there are no hotkeys listed, save and reload your *modified* savegame once. This will load the setup script, which registers the relevant hotkeys.)
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Gersidi

Post by Gersidi » Wed, 23. Jul 14, 01:13

Oh it creates them for you, you just have to assign the keys. Good to know. I was away from the computer so I couldn't test. I am fairly new, so thank you for your help!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”