[Idea]Planetary invasion

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Idea
x4

[Idea]Planetary invasion

Post by Idea » Sun, 30. Nov 08, 00:19

HAY

I was thinking.There is SectorTakeover,Invasion warnings,Conflicts AL Plugin, but there is no planetary invasion.There is so many planets in X-universe and we do nothing with them.They only stand there in space,do nothing.I meen we have fleet(ships,transportes,marines),resources(food,computer components,warheads,lasers,) and credits(money).You can controle the sky(space) but you cannot control the ground(planet).It woild be great if we could invade the planet and afther conqure it we would have same income from the planet.I have the hole concept about how should this look and how to function.So if anybody would like to hear the concept or has his on IDEA be free to reply.
BAY

WindsOfBoreas

Post by WindsOfBoreas » Sun, 30. Nov 08, 00:46

Sounds rather interesting. Such a thing could only really be done Out of Sector, however, as to watch your fleet (or any race fleet) fly toward a planet would look silly when they reach their boundaries.

But I can see it like you have to take over the sector first, then send in ground forces to the planet (which could be sending planetary forces up to meet you in space in an attempt to retake the sector and stop your invasion).

For the planet, you could get some amount of wares or credits (or both). Like if a planet is in a sector which has tons of Silicon asteroids, it's probably a good bet that the planet has a lot of silicates. So from this conquered planet, you could get a few tons of silicon wafers per day. Or if a planet is in a core sector, get some credits and weapons (heavy industry planet).
"Humanity has the stars in its future, and that future is too important to be lost under the burden of juvenile folly and ignorant superstition." - Isaac Asimov

Idea
x4

Post by Idea » Sun, 30. Nov 08, 01:25

Hi WindsOFBoreas

You are right about OUT OF SECTOR but maby the invasion could be litle away from the planet because there is planet defence force(rockets,big space cannons).I agree that sector should be taken first because it is normale condition for successful invasion.In may opinion the fleet should look like this:
5 mammoths(in them there will be troops) with one M1 or M2 wich should be command ship(on that ship while invasion last the player should bring resources(food for troops,computer components for airplanes,warheads for cannons,lasers, an ather things) to transport because the ground troops need supplies.There should be some minimum number of supplies,if you to not fill that minimum constatli while invasion is in progress the invasion is over.The number of the troops and supplie minimum should depend from planet size.Big planet need more troops and supplie.Imagine picture 20 mammoths with almost a MILION troops.
:D :D JOKE
The invasion should last minimum 10min,max 20min.
And the idea for enemy to break the invasion shoul be attempt from enemy force from the planet and also from neer enemy sector.I agree for yours proposal for planet income in form of wares(for rich sector of asteroids and combinations of credit,wares,wepons.
Sory for may English :D :D :D

Idea
x4

Post by Idea » Sun, 30. Nov 08, 01:32

Also there is possibility of siege the planet.It would be longer way to counqer the planet and less expensive.

amirite

Post by amirite » Sun, 30. Nov 08, 01:38

I've been thinking about a mod like this ever since discovering X3R, it would be a ton of work no matter how you look at it, but the more I play this game the more possible it seems.

If you approached planet docking in a similar manner to Freelancer, you could have planet gates (accelerator gates would work well for this) that brought you into a planet 'sector'. Then you could do all sorts of fun stuff, like have a giant 'terrain' mesh to emulate the surface of the panet. A skybox change would be necesarry, as well as some custom fog setting to create a more natrual look.

This would be a little limiting because of the fact that you're still flying around like you're in space, plus you would have to 'dock' with buildings. So you'd probably have to take a little creative license and still restrict pilots to a certain height above the terrain mesh. Still, it would create an awesome visual counterpart to the gameplay additions you guys are discussing, and would allow you to do it in-sector which would be way more fun 8)

So yeah I feel like all these things are doable (kind of guessing, someone more knowledgable can probably help me out here) but the problem is that almost any approach would involve at least 80% custom models and assets. That's a lot of hours, and a lot of people.
-TEVE

Idea
x4

Post by Idea » Sun, 30. Nov 08, 04:34

Hi amirite

I would love to see mod like that but if it is to hard to make then you could focus on this.

Here is everthing i could imagine to put in script or plugin.

First you should have high fighting skill(warlord for exsample) so that you could invade the planet.Second the enemy sector must be takeover by the player.
Planetery invasion is complicated so you mast have a fleet divided in two groups.First STRIKE GROUP for the invasion on the planet and second DEFENDER GROUP that protect the STRIKE GROUP from enemy assults from the planet military force and from the enemy sector.
The STRIKE GROUP should look like this:
-minimum 2 Mammoths,max 6 Mammoths or ships of same type(this ships serve as troop deployer and supplie ships to the ground force)
-one m1 or m2(the serve as command ship to ground force)
2,3 or 4 m1(there serve as bombarding ships,before ground troops be deployed on the planet,you should bombard the planet military facilities.The affect of bombarding should depend from missile tipe and number of missils.Stroger missils(Firestorm,Typon and athers) in big numbers meens BIG DAMAGE to planet military forces.Afther bombarding the player should get message like this:
REPORT OF BOMBARDING SUCCESS ON PLANET ARGON PRIME
Sir, bombarding was(high,medium,low successful)
We destroyed 75%,55%,25% of planet military capacities.
There were 10 milion deaths,90% military personal, 10% civilians(high successful scenario)
Enemy military status:
Befor-100 milion soldiers
current-91 milion soldiers\
tech capability:
before-100%
current-30%.......................
The STRIKE GROUP when invasion start will be put in one place from wich the could not move or defend them self as long the invasion last.The task of defending the STRIKE GROUP will be given to DEFENDER GROUP.
The number and tipes of ships in the DEFENDER GROUP is unlimited it is only limited bay the player wish and possibilities.
About supplies,there should be same types of supplies as conditions so that invasion could continue, and types of supplies so that ground troops could advance.
Exsample:
30000food,80000energy cells are maximum supplies for the STRIKE GROUP.If supplies go below half(15000food,40000energy cells) the invasion is over.
1000warheads,100microchips are minimum supplies for ground troops hoold there position,if you go below the troops start to retreat.
Ather types of wares should be supplied when command ship ask for it as result of military advance:
REPORT OF THE CURRENT STATUS OF INVASION ON THE PLANET ARGON PRIME

Sir,are troops currently controle 80% of the planet.We need this supplies:
2000warheads,200computer componets,1000missiles(any type) in 20 mizuras.This supplies are nessesary to strike a final blow to the forces of Argon Federation and take full control of the planet.
GODSPEED SIR

Also the reports should be often so that you would have info about troops advance or retreat.

If in enemy assult half of Mammoths in the STRIKE GROUP be destroyed the invasion is over because there is no conditions to supplie the troops,also if the command ship would be destroyed the invasion is finish
because there is no chain of command.
Afther successfull invasion the player must pay the rebuilding of the planet so that he could have a support of local population and also that he could take the income from the planet in form of combination of credit and wares.

THAT IS ALL FOR NOW!!BE FREE TO CORRECT ME OR PUT SAME OF YOURS IDEA.THANKS :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Last edited by Idea on Wed, 3. Dec 08, 21:21, edited 2 times in total.

Idea
x4

Post by Idea » Sun, 30. Nov 08, 14:22

Is someone working on project based on this idea or something like this :?: :?: :?: :?:
Are anybody willing to make something like this? :? :? :? :?

amirite

Post by amirite » Sun, 30. Nov 08, 17:58

I like the ideas but that seems overly complicated, and a lot of busy-work for the player. Why not just create planet environments (sectors) that can be fought in just like any other normal sector? Why abandon the already robust combat system of X3 for a bunch of text messages?

You could still add things like planetary bombardment - for instance, an M8 or something with special missiles. Then you could have some sort of dummy object at the bottom of the sector that could be targeted and fired at with these weapons.
-TEVE

Idea
x4

Post by Idea » Mon, 1. Dec 08, 01:03

Hi amirite

I see the point.Maybe it is beter to create a sector with planetary environment.But that sector should not be visible in the universe map in the game.The sector should appear only when there is given command to the STRIKE GROUP to invade the planet.I do not know anything about moding even with scripting I am very limited.From experienced players I think that Mavor,Teladidrone,linus_org could help you because they made interesting scripts which have some connections with this topic.

I like your idea about M8 and the dummy object on which the M8 would fire with a special missile.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”