[TC] wraith missles

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

AjRyder
x3ap

wraith missles

Post by AjRyder » Sun, 30. Nov 08, 18:10

Now these are pretty good, but it would be nice to buy some, I have searched most of terran space. Does anyone know where a missle factory exists so I can buy a few? :twisted:
Star Trek Phase II watch new episodes now at

http://www.startreknewvoyages.com

My computer is fast very very fast ;)

Follow me on Twitter @Formula1Dragon

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sun, 30. Nov 08, 18:57

Not found any on sale myself... I had accidentally (honest guv - I jumped into Asteroid Belt and the guy rammed me) run over a Terran ship carrying a couple and now with a bit of copious cloning when buying fighters and freighters I now have somewhere in the region of 700 of these missiles at my disposal.
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

AjRyder
x3ap

Post by AjRyder » Sun, 30. Nov 08, 19:01

Roger L.S. Griffiths wrote:Not found any on sale myself... I had accidentally (honest guv - I jumped into Asteroid Belt and the guy rammed me) run over a Terran ship carrying a couple and now with a bit of copious cloning when buying fighters and freighters I now have somewhere in the region of 700 of these missiles at my disposal.
So you can also clone missles with the main station

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sun, 30. Nov 08, 19:03

AjRyder wrote:
Roger L.S. Griffiths wrote:Not found any on sale myself... I had accidentally (honest guv - I jumped into Asteroid Belt and the guy rammed me) run over a Terran ship carrying a couple and now with a bit of copious cloning when buying fighters and freighters I now have somewhere in the region of 700 of these missiles at my disposal.
So you can also clone missles with the main station
The "buy multiple ships" trick works - Military Base/Shipyard in "The Moon" will do the trick for you.
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

Kor'ah
x4

Post by Kor'ah » Sun, 30. Nov 08, 22:38

Don't bother with this missile. If one warhead from the 8 pack swarm is hit with turret fire the other seven go with it. I launched 200x at a Xenon Q at 20-30km range and scored exactly zero hits. Maybe the 1.3 patch will allow this missile to be worth the effort to aquire in numbers.

Anyone notice the specter missile can't even fly 6km?
[X3] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots
[X3T] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots in Terran Conflict

The mercenary code
There is no right or wrong.
There is no good or evil.
There is only the will of the client, and how much they're paying.

AjRyder
x3ap

Post by AjRyder » Sun, 30. Nov 08, 22:48

Kor'ah wrote:Don't bother with this missile. If one warhead from the 8 pack swarm is hit with turret fire the other seven go with it. I launched 200x at a Xenon Q at 20-30km range and scored exactly zero hits. Maybe the 1.3 patch will allow this missile to be worth the effort to aquire in numbers.

Anyone notice the specter missile can't even fly 6km?
For me the specter missle seems to be the best for terran ships so far

Kor'ah
x4

Post by Kor'ah » Sun, 30. Nov 08, 23:06

You are thinking the poltergeist, one of two usefull terran missiles. The other is the phantom for the Claymore M8. The rest can only be used on ATF ships, that you can't buy, or are flawed.

Specter is suicide to launch. In order to score a hit with it needs to be launched at 3km range or less. If the target is fireing a turret at you there is a good chance you'll be reloading. Most likely a typo in the game data since a 5.3km range missile, with a 260,000 damage warhead, is way out of wack with the rest of the missiles in the game.
[X3] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots
[X3T] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots in Terran Conflict

The mercenary code
There is no right or wrong.
There is no good or evil.
There is only the will of the client, and how much they're paying.

Tasolth

Post by Tasolth » Sat, 20. Dec 08, 00:27

my experience with the wraith is less than optimal, I can live with its slow speed, or slow turning, but when 1 missile in the swarm gets hit, the explosion takes out the other 7, and maybe even the volley behind it.

If the explosion radius can be turned waaaaay down, or off completly, these missles might be worth something. Until then my TL is going to be filling with these missles, and then go sell in bulk to an EQ that doesn't list them..

I'm using a script btw that adds atf ships, and all terran stations, to the shipyard at the moon.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”