[Mod] Apricot Mapping Service Mod v1.3 for APv3.1 / v2.14 (For TCv3).

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Fri, 30. Mar 12, 06:29

AMS v1.1 uploaded. Now out of Beta.

Nothing new added, just consolidating the 1.06 mod with the updated scripts and renaming to a full release number.

andysonofbob
x3

WHat am I doing wrong? Trying to get a mod to work

Post by andysonofbob » Wed, 4. Apr 12, 22:03

Hi

I wish to install the Apricot Mapping Service (mentioned from the sticky on the other forum here) but the mod wont work. I notice the mod selecter has remained grayed out from the splash screen.

I tried to browse this forum but it is all rather confusing :(

I am sure I have put it into the right place...
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\x3 terran conflict\addon

but nothing happens.

A little help please Smile

Thanks

{Learn the [url=http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=216696][b]T[/b][b]C[/b] [b]S[/b]&M Posting [b]R[/b]ules[/url] Rule #1. Merged. jlehtone}

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Wed, 4. Apr 12, 22:20

Put the mods folder in the addon folder
Put the merge the scripts folders in the addon folder.

works for me.

however ,here is the ams thread
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=226520

post there if you need specific help

andysonofbob
x3

Post by andysonofbob » Wed, 4. Apr 12, 22:29

sigh

third times the charm :)

andysonofbob
x3

Post by andysonofbob » Wed, 4. Apr 12, 22:32

Hi

I am trying to get this mod to work but nothing is happening.

I have put the folder into the addon pack, I have also tried extracting it to the addon folder; both to no avail.

The mod selection option remains greyed out form the splash screen

I have the Steam version.
What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

NSSA99
x3tc

Post by NSSA99 » Wed, 4. Apr 12, 22:50

Did you try installing it to the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\x3 terran conflict" directory? I believe that Timothy has set up the zip file to orient itself to the X3 directory and will install itself from there. Good Luck! It is a great mod to play around with.
Mark

Honesty, Integrity and sincerity. Once you can fake these you have it made.

andysonofbob
x3

Post by andysonofbob » Wed, 4. Apr 12, 23:14

Hi

I think I am getting somewhere now. The game installs with the startup screen and I get messaged telling me to save and reload.

I do this but nothing much happens (not that I am expecting fireworks or anything). I do get the option to add set AMS keys though.

Am I using the right mod. Which one should I use. I have AP and TC but I am playing TC. Sounds daft but should I use X3AP?

X3AP-Apricot-Mapping-Service-v1-1
or
X3TC-Apricot-AMS-Mod-v2.14 with the HQ fix

I keep putting Thereshallbewings and it seems to work as I get the added option

Apricot mentioned in his guide you should get a ship at the start or something. The MiniCar? But I dont seem to be getting this.

Thanks again for your patience :)[/i]

NSSA99
x3tc

Post by NSSA99 » Wed, 4. Apr 12, 23:23

Good Question, it is my understanding that TE cameback and rebuilt the AMS mod to be useable with AP. The original AMS 2.14 should still work with TC. I am not clear if the AP version will still work with TC as several things have changed. If the AMS mod is working correctly you should get a new start option of "Apricot Mapping Service Start" <something like that>. It does sound like you are close. You could try to install the old 2.14 mod and see what happens in TC or run AP and see if you get the option to start an AMS start for a new game. If you PM Timothy I am sure he will answer but he is "down under" and proably sleeping now.

Remember, you will have to start a new game to get the entire mod working. (to get the Gunbus) :twisted:
Mark

Honesty, Integrity and sincerity. Once you can fake these you have it made.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Thu, 5. Apr 12, 02:10

If your running TC, then use the TC version which is 2.14. But frankly, the Merge Mod is more up to date, so better off using that, which includes AMS v2.14 and a lot more.

If your running AP, then use the AP version, which is 1.1.

Since the downloads are in totally different places, they shouldnt be mistaken for each other. And they are named for each game. So should be no mistaking which is which.

The mod was rebuilt for AP. Although the scripts are largely the same, there are some differences. So if you end up with both the TC and AP versions of scripts in the AP or TC scripts folders, then strange things will happen. If that is the case, I recommend you delete all scripts with 'apricot' in the name, and then reinstall the correct mod by unzipping into the Terran Conflict folder.

If you use the AMS start....

In both games you start in a Gunbus, and a fleet of ships is in Argon Prime with you.

In TC, the first start asks you to turn the script editor on and save and load. The second load tells you the mod is active, creates stations, and then Complex Cleaner should announce it is active. Hotkeys are created at the same time.

In AP, the start is the same. The second load creates stations and the third load starts Bounce. Hotkeys however, are created with the start, so can be set and saved at the same time as the script editor is turned on.

If you have AP scripts in the TC scripts folder, the result will be that the starting ship will not have any equipment loaded and no fleet will be spawned. This was a bug in TC, and the TC scripts were designed to get around the bug. They fixed the bug in AP but created another one, so the hotkeys are done differently in AP. Put them both together and it will cause problems, depending on which set of scripts was put in last.

The AMS start is primarily on the assumption that the player has played X3R and wants to carry forward a starting position from the previous game into TC. Same principle for TC into AP.

If you havent played TC, then play that first, using the Merge Mod. Once you finish the plots, move to AP using the AP AMS mod and I recommend the TC All plots complete for AP mod, which gives you the rewards from the TC plots into the start of AP. Between the 2, you start off AP with a decent fleet and credits if you want them. And you start with the Hub under your control.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Thu, 5. Apr 12, 02:44

All my mods and zips unzip in the Terran Conflict folder. Everything then gets put in the correct place.

Make sure you have the correct mod for the game your playing. They are named for the game, ie X3TC- and X3AP- and they download from separate download areas on my site.

andysonofbob
x3

Post by andysonofbob » Thu, 5. Apr 12, 08:38

Thankyou very much!

I put the details in the Battlestar Galactica thread but would you be interested in the EFS mod Apricotslice? You defo seem like a dab hand at script management so you might enjoy working with it.

It was really quite clever and the scripts are apparently well written.

Let me know if you want a copy.

edit
Just ran a search and apparentlt the EFS isn't compatable with X3TC. Could it not be made to work?

andysonofbob
x3

Post by andysonofbob » Thu, 5. Apr 12, 22:42

Hello again

I have decided to start AP

Will I be able to get the player HQ if I start as AMS?

Thanks once again!

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Fri, 6. Apr 12, 02:33

AMS start has an HQ kit in the Masterdon you get. So you can use the HQ almost immediately.

If you use the All TC plots complete for AP, then you get a second one in one of the TL's you get for that.

Sturmer

Post by Sturmer » Sat, 7. Apr 12, 00:34

Any idea why Apricot Salvage Pack 2.4 would cause the game to freeze (either loading a save or starting new game)?

Strange thing is, it didn't do that a couple of days ago and now it and FCC are causing problems. I'm reinstalling the game right now to see if that will fix it (don't even want to think about how many times I had to do that in the last couple of days), but your ideas would definitely be appreciated.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sat, 7. Apr 12, 04:47

Sturmer wrote:Any idea why Apricot Salvage Pack 2.4 would cause the game to freeze (either loading a save or starting new game)?
Never heard of that happening, and this version has been out a long time.

The only constant running script in the pack is NPCbail, so you could remove the setup script for that so it doesnt start, and see if that makes a difference. All other scripts are run once off hotkey or command, so no possibility of freezing the system. (Freeze I assume is actually an endless loop that consumes all resources.)

Are you really sure that is causing the freeze ? As in install everything else, and no problem, install Salvage and suddenly it freezes ?

Btw, your asking on the wrong thread for this. This one is just for the AMS mod.

And also, your asking about the TC version of the pack. Are you playing TC or AP ?

Sturmer

Post by Sturmer » Sat, 7. Apr 12, 11:52

apricotslice wrote:
Sturmer wrote:Any idea why Apricot Salvage Pack 2.4 would cause the game to freeze (either loading a save or starting new game)?
Never heard of that happening, and this version has been out a long time.

The only constant running script in the pack is NPCbail, so you could remove the setup script for that so it doesnt start, and see if that makes a difference. All other scripts are run once off hotkey or command, so no possibility of freezing the system. (Freeze I assume is actually an endless loop that consumes all resources.)

Are you really sure that is causing the freeze ? As in install everything else, and no problem, install Salvage and suddenly it freezes ?

Btw, your asking on the wrong thread for this. This one is just for the AMS mod.

And also, your asking about the TC version of the pack. Are you playing TC or AP ?
Yup, installed SCS and it froze. Uninstalled and it was okay. Sorry for littering this thread, but for some reason my search didn't find the corresponding thread. TC, not AP.

It turned out to be a false alarm, sorry for bothering.

Something seems to have gone wrong in my installation that caused a freeze (total freeze, nothing moving, even the sound was frozen not even looping) with Salvage Pack - it was very strange since in all the time I've had this game and my occasional playing of it (never played a single playthrough for long) I used this script and never had a problem. I really like the command to beam up all containers, saves me a lot of time. :)

Now mostly reinstalled everything, just need to install Lucikes scripts and those addon ships, and will see if I still have a problem. Have been testing the game after I installed every 5 scripts and no problem.

Another strange thing was that it didn't help if I just disabled SCS I had to complete uninstall it.

I must've messed something up badly.

Btw., that NPCbail script you're referring to... with this script in this pack, do I even then still need the "NPC Bailing Addon" by ThisIsHarsh to get NPCs to bail out more often?

Thanks for your help!

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sat, 7. Apr 12, 12:43

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=226623

It was on page 3.

The NPCbail in the salvage pack is most likely an older version. Overwriting it with the current version, wont hurt. But you probably wont notice much difference.

What is SCS ?

Sturmer

Post by Sturmer » Sat, 7. Apr 12, 19:09

apricotslice wrote:http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=226623

It was on page 3.

The NPCbail in the salvage pack is most likely an older version. Overwriting it with the current version, wont hurt. But you probably wont notice much difference.

What is SCS ?
Thanks for the answer.

Sorry, mistyped with the SCS. I meant your salvage pack.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sun, 8. Apr 12, 04:26

The only thing I can think of is that if npcbail was rewritten at any stage, then the scrips may not compatible. In which case, overwriting either could be fatal.

In which case, best to perhaps install the salvage pack, remove all the npcbail scripts, then instal the latest npcbail.

Sturmer

Post by Sturmer » Sun, 8. Apr 12, 11:49

apricotslice wrote:The only thing I can think of is that if npcbail was rewritten at any stage, then the scrips may not compatible. In which case, overwriting either could be fatal.

In which case, best to perhaps install the salvage pack, remove all the npcbail scripts, then instal the latest npcbail.
Well, I'm about 12 hours into the fresh start, haven't had any problems yet. *knocks on wood* Well, except for not being sure whether the IE and IEX mod even work for me even though they're installed correctly (Black Hole Sun is blue instead of red).

NPCs are bailing out quite nicely, to the point where I'm destroying their ships instead of capping them because I'd otherwise just have too many.

As it is, until I get the Vidar, I'm not even trying to repair any of them, because the L that I repaired took me 10 minutes at least from 20% hull damage. And I have about 20 ships all with low hull %. One Express even has about 30 passengers still on board. :D A little space fuel and I won't have to pass by the next we-need-slaves mission. :D

Had to have messed something up in that previous playthrough to suddenly get a complete crash at 106 hours of gameplay, because from what I read some members have months of playing this game without terminal problems.

Am financial rank 11 and fighting rank 16 and am wondering when the hell am I gonna start earning some serious money with patrols. Last patrol that took me through 3 sectors and I destroyed 30 ships earned me only 28000 credits. Is the earning part perhaps more dependent on financial than fighting rank? And all the missions I've been doing were for the Argon, so as I'm sticking with the same race the payoff should've increased by now. Hm.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”