[TC] The Sector formerly known as Avarice

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

biancc13
x3

The Sector formerly known as Avarice

Post by biancc13 » Thu, 4. Dec 08, 04:29

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could tell me the yields of the asteroids in the Unknown sector that used to be Avarice. I had set up several mines there a while back and now I would like to turn them into a complex but forgot what their yields were. Knowing the yields would help in planning so I don't run out of ore or something.

An easy way to tell what the yield was from the factory console would also be helpful.

Thanks!!

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Thu, 4. Dec 08, 04:44

I usually name my mines with the yield when I deploy them just for that reason (although that doesn't help if they're in a vanilla complex).

I'm not sure if any of the asteroid spreadsheets have been updated for TC, but you might be able to figure out the yield from the cycle time - X3R info (I believe it's unchanged for TC).

Looking at the map file, there are:
Silicon 22
Ore 1
Ore 11
Silicon 21
Silicon 8
Ore 5
Silicon 6
Silicon 12
Ore 12
Ore 50
Silicon 55
Ore 34
Ore 8
Ore 23
Silicon 5

biancc13
x3

Post by biancc13 » Thu, 4. Dec 08, 04:53

Thanks for the info and naming the mines is a great tip for the future.

DEADBEEF.
x3tc

Post by DEADBEEF. » Thu, 4. Dec 08, 11:39

This Excel doc contains a sheet dedicated to roid sector locations/coords/yields.
I used it for the very purpose you're describing.

Write down the coords of your stations first and it's just a simple case of matching them up with the relavant coords in the spreadsheet.

Spaceweed Adict
x3tc

Post by Spaceweed Adict » Thu, 4. Dec 08, 12:09

Write down the coords of your stations first and it's just a simple case of matching them up with the relavant coords in the spreadsheet.
Yep good idea providing you haven't moved the mines closer to the gates like I tend to do to reduce time spent by my station supply ships visiting them.

I always do the same as carlo dose and name the Mine with the astriods mineral content ie "Ore Mine 50 Alpha", Ore Mine 26 Bata etc.
and there energy supply ships will be named as follows
Mercury US8,8/OM50A/Energy Trader.
US = sector name, Unknown sector & map grid ref only if I have mines in more the 1 Unknown sector.
OM50A = the mine he's working for.
Energy trader = ofcourse what he's suppling.
I know the supply name is not realy required for mines but it is with larger stations that need more than one basic recourse but its just habit and if I've got quite a few ships moving throu a sector I can easily identify them.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”