Resource requiremens for the flail missile fab

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

kurush
x3tc

Resource requiremens for the flail missile fab

Post by kurush » Sat, 6. Dec 08, 04:54

I noticed that these new missile fabs require both Ore and Silicon. I assume I cannot just plug it into the old X3:R complex calculator as a Silkworm fab for example and get a good result. Does anybody know how much resources it consumes compared to old-style missile fabs?
Would 600 meatstake cahoonas per hour be enough for the Argon one (the amount any other small fab consumes). What about ore, is it again equivalent of another small fab or would it be something else? Same question about silicon.

Esgaro
x3tc

Post by Esgaro » Sat, 6. Dec 08, 06:47

Substituting in a silkworm missile fab is fine. When normalized to an hour of time, as the complex calculator does, the flail missile and hammer torpedo factories will indeed consume the same number of resources as a silkworm missile fab. They won't put out the same number of product, but you probably don't care for the purposes of building your complex.

Painman
x3tc

Post by Painman » Sat, 6. Dec 08, 06:51

The player owned version of a Flail factory needs no Silicon (not in 1.2.1 at least).

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sat, 6. Dec 08, 18:14

Some NPC Factories (Cahoona Bakery is the most common example) do show multiple primary resources of same type. Types are: Energy, Minerals, Bio, Food, and Tech. For the factory to run one cycle, it must have enough resources of each type for one cycle. If it has more than one resource of same type listed, it must have full cycles worth of one resource.

Therefore, that NPC Bakery can start a cycle if it has full cycles worth of either Beef or Wheat (ie Bio), and full cycles worth of ECells (Energy). No player factory, that I do know, does have multiple resources of same type.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

jannix
x4

Post by jannix » Sat, 6. Dec 08, 18:34

I am fairly sure the player owned ones only need Ore. The resource consumption rate seems to be the same for all missile factories. Only the cycle times and number of missiles per cycle are different.

Here is my complex in Antigone Memorial. It can support 30 flails, but I have set up 15 x flail and 15 x hammers.

SPP XL - Argon : x 2
SPP L - Argon : x 1
Crystal Fab - Teladi : x 15
Silicon Mine L - Paranid: x 2 at yield 61
Silicon Mine L - Argon : x 1 at yield 26
Ore Mine L - Split : x 2 at yield 90
Sun oil ref. L - Teladi : x 12
Flower farm L - Teladi : x 12

Products Produced:

Flail Barrage Missile : x 15
Hammer Heavy Torpedo : x 15

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”