A few general - beginner questions about X3 TERRAN CONFLICT

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Krelian
x3

A few general - beginner questions about X3 TERRAN CONFLICT

Post by Krelian » Sun, 7. Dec 08, 05:22

1-I have an idea about what to do IF i start as an Argon Pilot, BUT about the terran defender......IF i start as the Terran, when i begin the game, shall i try to trade some low end stuff like energy cells etc with my ship, OR should i go dive right into the missions being given? (Bulletin board missions or whatever we have now) or are there any other suggestions?

2-Are there any ''SURE FIRE'' factories that are almost guaranteed to PROFIT/work that you can recommend to me (once i get enough cash, ofcourse)
PS: PLEASE tell me a bit about the factory settings that you use, as well: )

3-Are there any MILK-RUN trade routes that can be recommended for the initial game?

4-*PLAYER HEADQUARTERS!! We dont have to wait for a patch to fix or introduce it coz its alrady in the game, right? (im running TC 1.3 Patch, ofcourse) And enables you to produce&paint ships and store stuff? (like the HQ in x3reunion) ?

5-Are terran ships such as the Odin, Tyr and Valkyrie etc...(or whatever they'r called now) PILOTABLE, and in the game?

6-Player owned UNIQUE/SPECIAL ships...
Are there any? (Kinda like the unique m6 u could get for the x3 Reunion if memory serves....),, i heard u get a cool m6 called Vidar during the terran campaign, but otherwise i dunno, but i think such unique ships really give you yet one more incentive to keep playin.

7-SHIP PICTURES:
Is there a site i can visit to see the pictures of the different ships in X3TC,?I have found several such sites and so on on the forums and the internet for X3 Reunion, but not for the TC.....yet.

THANK YOU for all the answers in advance,
Cheers!

Thelic
x4

Post by Thelic » Sun, 7. Dec 08, 05:52

1. The Terran Defender start is most conducive to starting the plot right away, as trading in Terran space is extremely difficult, let alone with only an M4 and 1000 creds.

2. Not a big factory person, so I can't tell you, but it seems that the economy is skewed more towards foodstuffs and other first tier goods.

3. The Herrons Nebula space fuel route is still working, IIRC.

4. The PHQ is still in, it just requires going through a fairly lengthy and resource intensive plotline.

5. Terran ships are divided into 2 types, ATF ships and USC ships. ATF ships are the ones from XTM and are pilotable but not purchaseable. Nothing's keeping you from taking them, though. USC ships are pilotable and purchaseable.

6. There are a couple starts (Tormented Teladi and Poisoned Paranid come to mind) that have unique ships as quest rewards, and the Vidar is a quest reward. I can't think of any others.

dminor
x3tc

Post by dminor » Sun, 7. Dec 08, 06:52

Here's some eye candy for ya :)

http://eng.x3tc.ru/x3_tc_map/
" I'm a Sexy Shoeless GOD of WAR " Belkar

shinpl
x4

Post by shinpl » Sun, 7. Dec 08, 13:22

1 - Do first mission -> get rapier -> get out into commonwealth space. There you can build up a few assets first.

2 - Factories that bring profitsssss are... 100% for Bliss Palace + Dream Farm (only the whole complex it seems) in Teladi space (set price 1-2 cr below average and you will not see any stock)

3 - Depends on start... but the NPC traders seem to be *more aggresive* in snatching good deals in X3TC

4 - Nothing to add

5 - Nothing to add

6 - Vidar from Terran plot, Enchanced Kea from Tormented Teladi start, hmm, a few freebie ships seem to be more or less unique.

7 - Nothing to add

Ozman202
x3tc

Post by Ozman202 » Sun, 7. Dec 08, 15:44

1 > Go for Humble Trader if you want to be a merchant (altough that means your gonna be far from the storyline for a while, or go for the terran defender since the equipment and ships you get from the first 5 or so missions give you a nice combat group for doing missions.

2 > Space fuel/Space weed are guaranteed i think

3 >Nothing i know of ;(

4 >No idea

5 > Only if you cap them

6 > Advanced Discoverer from Terran storyline its just slightly better than a normal one
Too many M3's Die by crashing into their own missiles

Krelian
x3

Post by Krelian » Mon, 8. Dec 08, 04:02

Thanks alot! :)

You answers'r really appriciated, and will boost me right on track!.... or the space lanes.
(Although it is not official, this thread has become my ''Personal Sticky'', heheh :D )

ONE MORE question, though;

IF I start as an ARGON merchant, for example.......
Will i still be able to do the ''TERRAN STORYLINE'' missions AFTER finishing the main ARGON storyline?

OR will the terran missions be LOCKED for me?

(I believe that there are missions called ''Bridge missions'' OR something similar that lets you do the other storyline missions of other races and stuff, ALAS, im not 100% sure, and this is important for me to know,

TY.

shinpl
x4

Post by shinpl » Mon, 8. Dec 08, 04:09

There are total of 5(4) plots as far as i know. All can be started from the trader start (and *most* other, not sure about that). Trader has no starting storyline, you get everything from bridge/race rep/rank break points. Example, Terran plot starts just by flying into a sector, 'Argon' plot starts with talking to the right guy etc.

As far as i know only Custom Game and Aldrin starts dont have any plots.
Spoiler
Show
Terran plot -> Fly into Omicron Lyrae
'Argon' plot (Operation Final Fury) -> Talk to Exterminator in Omicron Lyrae (may need a higher combat rank)
The Hub plot -> Boron encouter in random Boron sector after Trader (not sure) trade rank and third highest Boron rank (Knighs Knight or something like that)
Headquarters plot -> Finish hub plot, wait for contact form a Boron
Goner plot -> Fly into Elysium of Light
To add info on your previous questions... Some *unique* ships are given as rewards from working for Corporations. There is a topic on that in Spoilers forum.

sambozauk
x3tc

Hiya :)

Post by sambozauk » Sun, 20. Jun 10, 21:41

Hi,

I started as an Argon trader guy. I found this best, as it allowed me to make quite a bit of money as in have factories, trade etc etc.

I acidently came across the Terran missions,lol. But by this time I had 10m credits in the bank an automated trade network which I am obviously going to expand, and the money to purchase a relatively good ship straight away in order to mill through the Terran stuff.

I had no glitches with the Terran missions, could be because I have only recently got the game, and I have the patches that updated the game?.

I found the Terran mission stuff pretty cool, they give you some nice ships which make the Argon ones in my eyes look a bit useless,hehe.

The problem once you have completed the Terran missions, is you still have limited access to all the human space. So what I have done there, is I have put a sector trader in human space in order to get the stats up so I can purchase human weapons which are not available to buy because of statis with them, and this is even after you have completed the missions.

MY ONLY ADVICE ref one specific mission,hehe.

It is a mission when you have to get 400m from an Elephant ship that is being protected by deca drones in Family Zyarth if I remember rightly. Basically after you have boarded the hauler that the mission asks you to get, shove a JUMPDRIVE on this ship, and as many suggest 3x25mw shields, go upto the Elephant and when the mission says GET OUT, simply just jump out to the next system,lol. I found this the best way to do this part, as it did not seem to matter what ship I had defending my hauler I still died. So I simply just happened to have a jumpdrive on my defender ship, which I changed over to the hauler and bobs your uncle, they did not even have time to target me as I was out,lol.

I hope that made sense, but that to me is the easiest and quickest solution to getting around that mission. Right after that you have to goto Ocean of Fantasy to pick up your Cutless which initially I thought was just another hauler, but I can assure you these ships are pretty nice and I intend on having a fleet of them soon,hehe, once I can get my standings up with the humans a bit in order to buy them. What you want to do, because I think there is a bug with this bit, is approach the ship the one you are being given, get within range of it and either transfer yourself over to it, or eject and get into the ship. That way, the hauler that you were in doesent mysteriously blow itself up for no reason,lol just before you get your Cutless.

Now advice is, dock the Cutless up at an equipement dock and put various mods on it to make it faster, etc, etc, then it is ready to do the next mission. If you had a defender ship with you originally, just simply use that as a wingman for your Cutless the duration of that mission. That way nothing gets left behind in that pityful area of space :)

Simply just jump the hauler out that you got for free by the way to a trading hub, and get it making money for you, oh obviously once youve repaired it,lol.

I know my message is a bit jumbled, but you will know what I mean when you do this mission with regards to the drones that if your not sneaky just seem to kill you in 1 second. Easiest solution to get the bastards, just simply jump out and put 2 fingers up to them on the way out :P.

Cheers

PS, DONT FORGET TO SAVE NOW AND AGAIN, trust me on that one, because the game as much as I like it, has a habit of throwing some crap into the spanner works which can be soul destroying.

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Sun, 20. Jun 10, 21:46

NECRO!

I think after a year and a half the OP has long since gotten/found the answers to his questions.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sun, 20. Jun 10, 22:35

Yeah.it was the reference to patch 1.3 that made me look at the date. :lol:

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Sun, 20. Jun 10, 22:58

Don't resurrect old threads. Locked
Come watch me on Twitch where I occasionally play several of the X games

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”