[TC] M7M Pilot advice (Might need GCU :P)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Mouseco
x3tc

M7M Pilot advice (Might need GCU :P)

Post by Mouseco » Mon, 8. Dec 08, 17:51

Hey guys, I have somehow managed to n00b capture an M7M (Thanks Split!),

Anyway I have pods and missiles for the thing, so was wondering the best way to utilise it, I was thinking a few smaller fighters and drones, maybe a big missile to quell shields, then launch a Pod, or is there a better method for it?

Basically im looking for combat / capping experience since all my normal *space walk* missions end up in the poor guys getting flaked :D

Regards

Mouse
P.S. *has 40 trained 5 star marines awaiting orders*

cezarip
x3tc

Re: M7M Pilot advice (Might need GCU :P)

Post by cezarip » Mon, 8. Dec 08, 17:58

Mouseco wrote:Hey guys, I have somehow managed to n00b capture an M7M (Thanks Split!),

Anyway I have pods and missiles for the thing, so was wondering the best way to utilise it, I was thinking a few smaller fighters and drones, maybe a big missile to quell shields, then launch a Pod, or is there a better method for it?

Basically im looking for combat / capping experience since all my normal *space walk* missions end up in the poor guys getting flaked :D

Regards

Mouse
P.S. *has 40 trained 5 star marines awaiting orders*
Careful with the drones. They tend to blast any missiles including the pod. If you want to use missiles, do it before launching the drones. Allow time for the missiles to reach the target. The best approach I have found (using ~30 drones) is to come directly from the front of the ship (drones tend to cluster around midship) and fire the pod when close, very close.
Provided that the laws of mathematics are
related to reality, they are not reliable. And if
they are reliable, they aren’t related to
reality.

Albert Einstein

GCU Grey Area
x4

Re: M7M Pilot advice (Might need GCU :P)

Post by GCU Grey Area » Mon, 8. Dec 08, 18:14

cezarip wrote:Careful with the drones.
Wise words - my marines refuse to go anywhere near suicide pods due to heavy casualties suffered when I first managed to get hold of some (a lot of which was due to friendly fire from drones & ships on 'attack shields' orders). Spacesuit assaults are far safer for the marines IMO.

Mouseco
x3tc

Post by Mouseco » Mon, 8. Dec 08, 18:30

I can just 'never' get the ships to slow down ...
Unless i strip them bare and on the bigger ships (Split M2's) I die way before that happens .... or I blow it to kingdom come...

Really need to practice this I think .... or plum for the 'easy mode' option, and get a spring blossom like everyone else has Oo

Kor'ah
x4

Post by Kor'ah » Mon, 8. Dec 08, 18:44

Carefull use of flail missiles should be enough to keep the target's sheilds under 10% for the hull cutting phase. Maybe overkill on a M6/TM but there shouldn't be a need for pods then.
[X3] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots
[X3T] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots in Terran Conflict

The mercenary code
There is no right or wrong.
There is no good or evil.
There is only the will of the client, and how much they're paying.

Mouseco
x3tc

Post by Mouseco » Mon, 8. Dec 08, 21:39

Like i said, I have a HORRID experience of capping things.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”