Galaxy Editor And Maps

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Thufir Hawar

Post by Thufir Hawar » Wed, 22. Aug 12, 09:39

Hello,

I have some question :
- How many planets/sector, around, the game can have without being too low in late game ? I'm speaking about the game itself, not the feeling of the player.
- Is it possible to add two planets in the same sector ?

Thanks !

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Wed, 22. Aug 12, 10:53

1. I'm not sure, if I understand your question, but I guess it's about performance? If so, the amount of planets shouldn't have any noticeable impact on the general game performance.
2. Sure, there are already sectors in the Vanilla game that have more than one planet.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Thufir Hawar

Post by Thufir Hawar » Wed, 22. Aug 12, 13:51

Thanks for you answer.
Yes my first post was about performance, I read on a topic someone who was complaining about that and was making a link with the number of sectors. I didn't know if he was right or not.

And is it also possible two have two sun/stars ? Thanks :)

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Wed, 22. Aug 12, 14:11

Thufir Hawar wrote:I read on a topic someone who was complaining about that and was making a link with the number of sectors. I didn't know if he was right or not.
More sectors usually mean also more ships and stations or in general more objects that scripts can run on. The more scripts have to be run on objects in the universe, the worse the performance ingame is. So yes, there is a relation between more sectors and worse performance, but no, it's not (or only rarely) related to the amount of planets and suns.
Thufir Hawar wrote:And is it also possible two have two sun/stars ?
Yes, that's also possible. For example Akeela's Beacon has four suns.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Thufir Hawar

Post by Thufir Hawar » Wed, 22. Aug 12, 14:14

Ok. thanks. Is there a guide to optimising a X3 game ?
(In fact I'm doing a mod which will features many planets, and I want to know - around 100-150 planets - what should I know before starting the mapping).

TerranJupiter

Post by TerranJupiter » Sat, 3. May 14, 14:56

Hello iv been useing Galaxy editor and iv imported X3_Universe and done some editing but there are no ships for the races only Pirates and Khaak how do i get the ships as well or do i have to create each ship individualy?

JSDD
x3tc

Post by JSDD » Sat, 3. May 14, 19:56

... ships R not created by the map, they will be created by the "jobs"-file
... if you R starting a custom game start, then you habe to create a custon "jobs"-file (afaik)
To err is human. To really foul things up you need a computer.
Irren ist menschlich. Aber wenn man richtig Fehler machen will, braucht man einen Computer.

Mission Director Beispiele

TerranJupiter

Post by TerranJupiter » Sat, 3. May 14, 22:41

JSDD wrote:... ships R not created by the map, they will be created by the "jobs"-file
... if you R starting a custom game start, then you habe to create a custon "jobs"-file (afaik)
So i create a jobs file in the root menue like the maps file i created for my custom maps?

JSDD
x3tc

Post by JSDD » Sun, 4. May 14, 01:21

TerranJupiter wrote:So i create a jobs file in a folder named "types" in the root menue like the maps file i created for my custom maps?
... yepp !! ;)

install-dir.\types\jobs.{galaxyname}.txt
install-dir.\types\jobswings.{galaxyname}.txt
Irren ist menschlich. Aber wenn man richtig Fehler machen will, braucht man einen Computer.

TerranJupiter

Post by TerranJupiter » Sun, 4. May 14, 12:53

ok thank you i will give that a blast and see if i get a working galaxy.

TerranJupiter

Post by TerranJupiter » Sun, 4. May 14, 13:35

JSDD wrote:
TerranJupiter wrote:So i create a jobs file in a folder named "types" in the root menue like the maps file i created for my custom maps?
... yepp !! ;)

install-dir.\types\jobs.{galaxyname}.txt
install-dir.\types\jobswings.{galaxyname}.txt
Ok im still doing this wrong i go in to X3 Terran comflict then scrol down to types click types and create new folder called jobs what do i do now?

JSDD
x3tc

Post by JSDD » Sun, 4. May 14, 16:53

... U have to take a look into the .cat/.dat-files ^^
... the "jobs"-file & "jobwings"-file R text-files, not folders !!

... install X3Ediror2 (doubleshadow)
... open the latest .cat/.dat-file and extract the jobs-file (which is a folder named types) to (e.g.) your desktop
... now create a folder "types" in Ur install-dir.
... paste those extracted jobs/jobwings-files in there
... thaZ it ;)

// i´m also editing my x3_universe ATM but i´m overwriting the existing X3_universe-map so i don´t have to care about these kind of things ^^

TerranJupiter

Post by TerranJupiter » Sun, 4. May 14, 22:34

JSDD wrote:... U have to take a look into the .cat/.dat-files ^^
... the "jobs"-file & "jobwings"-file R text-files, not folders !!

... install X3Ediror2 (doubleshadow)
... open the latest .cat/.dat-file and extract the jobs-file (which is a folder named types) to (e.g.) your desktop
... now create a folder "types" in Ur install-dir.
... paste those extracted jobs/jobwings-files in there
... thaZ it ;)

// i´m also editing my x3_universe ATM but i´m overwriting the existing X3_universe-map so i don´t have to care about these kind of things ^^
Im starting to feal really dence now but i click to download X3Editor2 and then had to download ilivid to get the Editor ecept i can't fined the x3editor anywhere do i need cyros plugin manager or am i missing something else because i can't get it to read the Cat/Dat files or do i have to get premium account to do this?

JSDD
x3tc

Post by JSDD » Mon, 5. May 14, 00:07

X3Editor2: ... to browse through the .cat/.dat-files click on "Plugin" --> "Cat Manager" ;)

TerranJupiter

Post by TerranJupiter » Mon, 5. May 14, 21:15

I belive i followed everything but i still can not get it to work.

I create a new map and call it Milkyway edit sector 17-7 next to waistlands put in sol background and planet 133 and 44 inside the ring with 2 smaller moons tolook like they are causing the destortion in the ring and then take out all the Argon stations so i can plance my Headquarters there. I also recreate the Earth Sector so you don't get blown up take out taurus and ring station and add Millitary base and shipyard with stations and ATF ships.

I then make a Types file in Install folder like i did the maps folder i fire up X3 Editor 2 exrtact the Jobs file and Job Wings file to desctop and then move those files into the types folder i made then i fire up X3TC go to my galaxy all i get is the flight school buster and pirate ships. Do you know where i might be going wrong?

Sorry for being a pain.

TerranJupiter

Post by TerranJupiter » Sat, 10. May 14, 14:37

Iv just dwoloaded Albion Prelude and am editing some bits with galaxy editor
there is already a types file in the install directory do i extract my jobs and job wings files into there?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”