X2 - Building a 125MW shield factory in Argon Space

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Syn3rgy

X2 - Building a 125MW shield factory in Argon Space

Post by Syn3rgy » Mon, 12. Feb 18, 07:25

I am setting up a closed loop in Herron's Nebula but see that the Argon don't sell a 125MW shield factory.

Can I buy one from Great Reef and place it there or does it require Boron components?

Hemmingfish

Post by Hemmingfish » Mon, 12. Feb 18, 07:48

Yeah, you have to buy the factory from the Boron. They require bofu, which requires biogas and energy cells so you'll have to ship a couple BioGas Factories and Bofu Chemical Labs over as well.

Syn3rgy

Post by Syn3rgy » Mon, 12. Feb 18, 07:54

Thanks for the reply.

Cpt.Jericho
x3tc

Post by Cpt.Jericho » Wed, 14. Feb 18, 22:48

Unless my memory fails me here you need only one BoGas and one BoFu Fab to feed one Shield factory in X2. To minimise yellow blinking on your sector map you may want to place the fabs the following sequence:
1. BoGas Fab and feed it Ecells.
2. Bofu Lab and feed it Ecells and BoGas.
3. Shield Fac and feed it Ecells and Bofu - then add the ore.
Winner of 350 Mil class of X-Verse Fleet Fest Italiano
Boycotting Steam since 2003

KarlHemmings
x4

Post by KarlHemmings » Wed, 14. Mar 18, 00:52

Sorry for the late reply.
Light of Heart sells 125MW shield factory. I am setting up a loop in Presidents End - together with crystal and solar power plant. There is a good silicon asteroid in sector and a couple of ore asteroids in cloud base south east,

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 14. Mar 18, 18:59

KarlHemmings wrote:Sorry for the late reply.
Light of Heart sells 125MW shield factory. I am setting up a loop in Presidents End - together with crystal and solar power plant. There is a good silicon asteroid in sector and a couple of ore asteroids in cloud base south east,
President's End? In X2? Isn't that just a little risky? :khaak: :skull:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

KarlHemmings
x4

Post by KarlHemmings » Thu, 15. Mar 18, 09:58

Oh yes - but I have a Centaur on patrol with Dragon wingman (set to protect leader) - they cover Cloud Base South East, Presidents End, The Wall and Elanors Fortune.
When not in use any or all of the following sit in PE on patrol sector.
Osprey
Hercules
Orca

I tend to keep out of sector now as it is a little busy in there at times :)
Last edited by KarlHemmings on Thu, 15. Mar 18, 16:57, edited 1 time in total.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 15. Mar 18, 12:21

Some believe that lightning won't hit the same spot twice. Particularly, if they were so slow that they could not build juicy targets in the End before the first hit ...
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Hemmingfish

Post by Hemmingfish » Thu, 15. Mar 18, 14:16

jlehtone wrote:Some believe that lightning won't hit the same spot twice. Particularly, if they were so slow that they could not build juicy targets in the End before the first hit ...
In my experience, once the initial Kha'ak attack happens and gets cleaned up, it's no more dangerous than any other non-core sector other than the pirates that like to use it to enter Argon sectors. X2 being X2, it's pretty easy to lock down the east gate to keep the sector secure.

KarlHemmings
x4

Post by KarlHemmings » Thu, 15. Mar 18, 17:01

Hemmingfish wrote:In my experience, once the initial Kha'ak attack happens and gets cleaned up, it's no more dangerous than any other non-core sector other than the pirates that like to use it to enter Argon sectors. X2 being X2, it's pretty easy to lock down the east gate to keep the sector secure.
I find PE and Ore Belt to be a hot bed of Kha'ak - I have recently passed a point in the plot that in theory makes Ore Belt more accommodating - but I have yet to notice any decline in attacks....
My main problem at the moment is a Split M2 ship in Getsu Fune that has fallen out with all the Argon. I am seriously considering inviting the captain to a dual - my Osprey his M2... I need the solar power plant in that sector.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”