Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition Graphics Driver (20th. Mar. 2024) - see thread..

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

RavenIII
x4

Post by RavenIII » Sat, 12. Sep 09, 15:31

It seems they fixed/improved HDMI audio detection/usage again, it took the liberty of assigning the HDMI device as my primary audio output - screwed me over for 5 minutes until I figured out what the problem was.

Just disable the new device if its a problem and reassign your old device as default (you may have to restart audio apps, or they won't play audio/might crash).

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Tue, 27. Oct 09, 14:32

version 9.10 - Windows7 - 32-bit:
http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catal ... ws-7-32bit

version 9.10 - Windows7 - 64-bit:
http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catal ... ws-7-64bit

- works fine..!!
- the whole universe is running in BETA mode - we're working on it.. beep..!! :D :thumb_up:

xeon_1
x4

Post by xeon_1 » Tue, 27. Oct 09, 15:44

Great seems like they still haven't fixed the ccc cannot start beacause your driver is to old or your gfx isn't enabled.
Driver installs fine and everything is enabled
Hello 2 hours of driver installing until the blasted thing works again :evil:
Ever since 9.2 ati drivers have been ****
Oh well i hope they fixed the flicker in red alert 3 and mild flicker in TC

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Tue, 27. Oct 09, 22:39

strange.. :gruebel:
- mine were downloaded and installed within 5 minutes
- with no hiccups at all

- maybe you should've scrubbed the old ones out before you started..
- the whole universe is running in BETA mode - we're working on it.. beep..!! :D :thumb_up:

xeon_1
x4

Post by xeon_1 » Tue, 27. Oct 09, 23:57

BugMeister wrote:strange.. :gruebel:
- mine were downloaded and installed within 5 minutes
- with no hiccups at all

- maybe you should've scrubbed the old ones out before you started..
i always uninstall then reboot then device manager remove the card whit lingering driver reboot then CCleaner and driver sweeper reboot again install driver package reboot install ccc package reboot ccc does not support these drivers or your card is not enabled.
i get this every flipping time and only after the 4 or 5 round of installing them does it work.

I am thinking ccc doesn't like windows server 2008 with hyper-v in sleep mode.
running as admin also doesn't solve the problem.
And any other drivers doesn't give this problem

muppetts
x3tc

Post by muppetts » Wed, 28. Oct 09, 11:26

Just a question as I see lots of people using lots of Apps when DL'ing new drivers. For both 5 years of Nvidea and 4 years of ATI I have simply gone to the site and installed the new drivers without doing anyhting else, right over the top. In 9 years I have never had an issue but I read of people having to go through all kinds of song & dance with half a dozen apps & tools just to do the same thing. Is there a strong reason for this (i.e something will actually happen), none of my friends use apps, same just DL from site and that's it, again nothing has ever happened to them either.

Sorry not a hijack, was just talking in the pub with several mates and we all had seen people having to do much more for a simple driver update and we could not work out if we were missing something?

Seems silly if it is so, surely any graphics driver developer worth any salt (!) would design the new install to clean up prior to the new driver anyway!
VURT The only Feathers to Fly With......

RavenIII
x4

Post by RavenIII » Wed, 28. Oct 09, 13:43

For a long period of time I did the same as yourself muppetts, but just one driver out of the blue seemed to go wrong for me (and then a later driver). Generally speaking doing that doesn't seem to cause problems often, but it could happen - usually whenever that happens I have to resort to digging around and trying to flush out whatever was left behind if I have problems.

So now I usually just uninstall the ATI Install Manager and within that there is an option to "Express Uninstall All ATI Software" which so far seems to remove everything. The only problems I have had recently is an upgraded CCC which started being funny (I think 9.7) since then I haven't used it - just the driver.

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Wed, 28. Oct 09, 15:01

check this out - it's full of useful info:
http://www.tweakguides.com/ATICAT_1.html

- especially page 3
- it shows how to completely scrub old ATI drivers..

xeon_1
x4

Post by xeon_1 » Thu, 29. Oct 09, 11:39

Thx bugmeister but that guide isn't relevant to my case.
However after visiting the win2008workstation forums http://www.win2008workstation.com/forum/ i found the solution.
apparently the ati installer doesn't install all the drivers and you have to do it manually.
first install ccc then device manager update/install the drivers from the extracted package reboot and done.
Worked like a charm.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 17. Dec 09, 20:06

Catalyst 9.12 drivers are available.

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Thu, 17. Dec 09, 23:42

- is it just me, or does this driver give improved colouration..?

- I'm impressed - cheers, CBJ.. :wink:

Terre
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Terre » Fri, 18. Dec 09, 19:09

BugMeister wrote:- is it just me, or does this driver give improved colouration..?
I'm not seeing anything and my calibration has not required adjustment. Nor am I getting any extra FPS with X3:TC as I'm still averaging 64-66 in the demo.

supakillaii
xr

Post by supakillaii » Fri, 18. Dec 09, 21:44

Killing Floor started lagging like crud.
Rolling back to 9.11 :cry:

Gavrushka
x4

Post by Gavrushka » Sat, 19. Dec 09, 00:45

Crashes on attempted install for me with some library item missing - solution too convoluted for midnight on a friday so it'll wait until I am feeling at least pseudo sentient.
“Man, my poor head is battered,” Ed said.

“That explains its unusual shape,” Styanar said, grinning openly now. “Although it does little to illuminate just why your jowls are so flaccid or why you have quite so many chins.”

“I…” Had she just called him fat? “I am just a different species, that’s all.”

“Well nature sure does have a sense of humour then,” Styanar said. “Shall we go inside? It’d not be a good idea for me to be spotted by others.”

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Mon, 21. Dec 09, 13:17

blimey, UT3 goes like wildfire with this one..!!

- and Dungeon Siege 2 definitely has much deeper and richer colours.. :D
[ external image ]
has anyone else noticed an improvement..??

RavenIII
x4

Post by RavenIII » Mon, 21. Dec 09, 14:02

Hmm, its so-so... my monitor is usually set to bright settings so it can be hard to tell, but colours may seem a tad deeper; but that could be spotting things because I am looking closely.

I haven't played UT3 in a while, although it probably is installed. Good to hear its performance is improved. I don't have Dungeon Siege 2, so I can't compare in any way. Also, do not forget Windows 7/Vista does have some form of colour correction (or profile), which can adjust colours, both for games and also for photos (using Windows Picture Gallery it'd have a peach/brown tint to it). It could be that ATI have countered that effect, although I have had my colour profile deleted a long time.

Terre
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Terre » Mon, 21. Dec 09, 22:47

A Radeon 5850 with the 9.12 display driver is putting out some good frame rates. The card does not get on well with my motherboard, awaiting another BIOS update.

An example, showing a Falcon Hauler.
All X3:TC settings set to their maximum.

Edit:(image removed)
Last edited by Terre on Wed, 27. Jan 10, 21:44, edited 1 time in total.

Painman
x3tc

Post by Painman » Tue, 22. Dec 09, 03:31

BugMeister wrote:- is it just me, or does this driver give improved colouration..?
No, Bug, I don't think it's just you. I switched to a 5850 couple months ago, and I've been mainly playing Fallout 3 lately... Well, the topside Wasteland looks as dreary as ever, but interior colors seem a bit more lively under 9.12. Especially the goo puddles left by the plasma rifle; they seem to be a bit... glowy now, while before they were just bright green.

I wasn't really looking for any visual improvements from the driver set -- they just jumped out at me.
*** modified ***

Terre
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Terre » Wed, 27. Jan 10, 21:40

I've just installed the 10.1 driver package; after removing 9.12, and the Catalyst Control Centre is telling me that I've just installed Catalyst version 09.11 with a date of 12th. Nov. 2009.

The driver Version is 6.14.10.7039, I can not remember the 9.12 version, so I don't know if anything has changed.

Update: Other users on the AMD forums are reporting similar problems.

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Thu, 28. Jan 10, 04:16

I was running the 10.1 BETA, so this installation of 10.1 Final may look a bit different to yours, Terre..
[ external image ]

- it works fine, no problems here....

- info for Windows7 users, per the release notes:

Resolved Issues for the Windows 7 Operating System
This section provides information on resolved issues in this release of the ATI Catalyst™
Software Suite for Windows 7. These include:
�� [ATI Catalyst™ Control Center] Enabling LCD Overdrive will no longer cause
mouse cursor to magnify when moved overtop of the "Calibration Preview"
�� DisplayPort™ "Lower Setting Applied" and "Link Failure" messages will no longer
appear after driver installation and reboot with DP displays connected to the mini DP
port
�� Firefox now works properly and video no longer drop frames when playing Youtube
clips with Adobe Flash Player 10
�� CrossFire™ logo now appears properly in CFX enabled applications like "3DMark
Vantage" or "Call of Juarez"
�� [ATI Catalyst™ Control Center] Newly added custom modes will now appear
properly in desktop area tree view
�� Confirmation dialogue window will now appear when setting up Eyefinity mode
�� 120 Hz is no longer missing from display modes for specific digital displays
�� Specific configurations will no longer cause Ubisoft "Wheelman" to stop responding
during gameplay
�� Loss of HDMI signal may no longer occurs when viewing Blu-ray content, and rescanning
for the HDMI signal no longer cause the entire screen to shift and display a
green border
�� Overscan/underscan issue no longer occurs when setting displays to HDTV modes
�� Performance drop no longer observed during some scenes of Resident Evil 5
cinematics
�� Blocky grass and trees no longer visible in Unigine "Heaven" in OpenGL mode

- but also:

Known Issues Under the Windows 7 Operating System
The following section provides a summary of open issues that may be experienced under
the Windows 7 operating system in the latest version of ATI Catalyst™. These include:
�� Media Center may display corruption when viewing DVB-T content
�� Flickering grass and white borders may be visible in Unigine "Heaven" benchmark in
DirectX 9 mode
�� Performing rotation or resolution changes may cause the player to stop responding
during h.264 HD content playback
�� Enabling Catalyst™ A.I. in ATI Catalyst™ Control Center may cause severe
flickering to be observed in Ubisoft "R.U.S.E." beta game
�� Dynamic contrast may stop functioning when detail enhancement is enabled
�� Enabling split screen demo mode has no effect on WinDVD during Blu-ray content
playback
�� Corruption may be visible during "Resident Evil 5" gameplay in specific chapters
�� Corruption might be observed in the opening cinematics and race preview of "EVE
Online" game
�� Corruption might be visible in "Resident Evil 5" during in game cut scenes with
specific settings and HDR value set to high

Return to “Off Topic English”