[TC] Mobile drilling ship

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Doomdark64
x3

Mobile drilling ship

Post by Doomdark64 » Fri, 12. Dec 08, 14:23

What type of ship can dock there? i tried super freighters and normal ones and non can dock .
If stuff mines then drops the ore/silicon off ,what kind of ship needs to be used?

Regards.

P.S the Terran mobile mining ship this refers to.

Thelic
x4

Post by Thelic » Fri, 12. Dec 08, 14:46

The name is misleading. All the Mobile Mining Base Ship is is the player purchasable Terran TL.

NeverSnake
x3tc

Post by NeverSnake » Fri, 12. Dec 08, 14:54

You can use the transporter device to transfer ore from any TL within 5km, which is much easier than docking them. I don't know if there's any way to automate it yet though.
"There's an old story about the person who wished his computer were as easy to use as his telephone. That wish has come true, since I no longer know how to use my telephone" — Bjarne Stroustrup

Doomdark64
x3

Post by Doomdark64 » Fri, 12. Dec 08, 14:58

Thanx for the info guys.

KingKnut
x3tc

Post by KingKnut » Fri, 12. Dec 08, 16:04

is that the highest cargo TL in game? I've only used the Paranid Hercules and it's cargo is 40k whereas the Terran one is 60k

cantthinkofaname

Post by cantthinkofaname » Fri, 12. Dec 08, 16:12

The Argon Mammoth also has 60k. The MBS is basically a carbon copy of the Mammoth, only with an extra turret and Terran guns.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Fri, 12. Dec 08, 18:23

However, of the five turrets on the MMBS, two of them can only mount Mobile Drilling Systems, so are utterly useless for defence. That means it effectively only has three turrets, which is one less than the Mammoth.

Having said that, I had one in my last game just because I think they look 100x cooler than a Mammoth does!

NeverSnake
x3tc

Post by NeverSnake » Fri, 12. Dec 08, 20:22

Unfortunately it uses the lopsided Ice Miner design rather than the atmospheric lifter design. Still cooler than the mammoth though, mine's called Great White Boomer.

If the atmospheric lifters are capturable then they're the highest cargo TL as they've got 80k units of space, and are faster than the mammoth/MMBS. No turrets at all though.
"There's an old story about the person who wished his computer were as easy to use as his telephone. That wish has come true, since I no longer know how to use my telephone" — Bjarne Stroustrup

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”