[TC] Which one to use? CFA or FAA?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

WildAce
x4

Which one to use? CFA or FAA?

Post by WildAce » Mon, 15. Dec 08, 02:04

Cluster Flak Array or Flak Artillery Array?

i dont know which to use if the turret can use both of them.

anyone have personal prefrences or know for a fact one is better than the other?

or should i just load them both up lol...

Painman
x3tc

Post by Painman » Mon, 15. Dec 08, 02:34

Cluster FLAKs can cause Friendly Fire incidents, so I stick to normal FLAKs... they work just fine.

WildAce
x4

Post by WildAce » Mon, 15. Dec 08, 02:35

thx

NeverSnake
x3tc

Post by NeverSnake » Mon, 15. Dec 08, 03:55

Painman wrote:Cluster FLAKs can cause Friendly Fire incidents, so I stick to normal FLAKs... they work just fine.
Actually, they're broken and will randomly stop doing damage. I don't know if cluster flaks suffer from the same problem though.
"There's an old story about the person who wished his computer were as easy to use as his telephone. That wish has come true, since I no longer know how to use my telephone" — Bjarne Stroustrup

nemesis1982
x4

Post by nemesis1982 » Mon, 15. Dec 08, 07:58

I think all the flaks have the same problem. Haven't had this problem since 1.3 though.

cezarip
x3tc

Post by cezarip » Mon, 15. Dec 08, 08:53

NeverSnake wrote:
Painman wrote:Cluster FLAKs can cause Friendly Fire incidents, so I stick to normal FLAKs... they work just fine.
Actually, they're broken and will randomly stop doing damage. I don't know if cluster flaks suffer from the same problem though.
The problem shows up if you were using the Salvage Insurance while the FLAKs were firing. The problem's been around since X3R. Just jump out and they should work again.
Provided that the laws of mathematics are
related to reality, they are not reliable. And if
they are reliable, they aren’t related to
reality.

Albert Einstein

nemesis1982
x4

Post by nemesis1982 » Mon, 15. Dec 08, 10:57

Jumping didn't always fix the problem in my game sometimes reloading didn't even fix it. Only excitting the application and starting it again always worked for me.

NeverSnake
x3tc

Post by NeverSnake » Mon, 15. Dec 08, 15:08

cezarip wrote:
NeverSnake wrote:
The problem shows up if you were using the Salvage Insurance while the FLAKs were firing. The problem's been around since X3R. Just jump out and they should work again.
Nope, it happened to me yesterday just after I'd bought my first flak-equipped M7. I hadn't saved since the last autosave so it wasn't salvage insurance and jumping out of the sector and back in didn't fix them.
"There's an old story about the person who wished his computer were as easy to use as his telephone. That wish has come true, since I no longer know how to use my telephone" — Bjarne Stroustrup

cezarip
x3tc

Post by cezarip » Mon, 15. Dec 08, 15:11

NeverSnake wrote:
cezarip wrote:
NeverSnake wrote:
Nope, it happened to me yesterday just after I'd bought my first flak-equipped M7. I hadn't saved since the last autosave so it wasn't salvage insurance and jumping out of the sector and back in didn't fix them.
How about save+quit+exit game. Then launch the game and see if they work again.
Provided that the laws of mathematics are
related to reality, they are not reliable. And if
they are reliable, they aren’t related to
reality.

Albert Einstein

NeverSnake
x3tc

Post by NeverSnake » Mon, 15. Dec 08, 15:45

cezarip wrote:How about save+quit+exit game. Then launch the game and see if they work again.
I tried that as well but that didn't work either (although I did use salvage insurance to save rather than docking). What eventually fixed it was switching to one of my docked ships (the broken flaks were fitted to a Panther)

Psi Diver X
x3

Post by Psi Diver X » Tue, 16. Dec 08, 22:46

CFA's are horrible, stick to FAA. When they aren't bugging out on you, you won't find a more accurate turret in the game GUARANTEED. Makes any M4/M5 insta kills with one hit, and M3's in 2-3.

Mouseco
x3tc

Post by Mouseco » Wed, 17. Dec 08, 13:05

I find Cluster flaks to actually be quite handy,
Great for the Boreas where ships have a habbit of all gathering tightly round the back (and of course your back slots all have PPC's :P )

They seem to be able to muller a few targets at once, and if they hit a target 'dead' on, all the AOE damage is focused on that target ... I've seen a raye of 4, 1 hit a M3, and they seem to have made alot of ships bail :)

but yer, they bug alot! :)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”