[TC] Retriving passengers from stations bugged?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Mogir

Retriving passengers from stations bugged?

Post by Mogir » Tue, 16. Dec 08, 20:01

Hello!

Im new to the X3 universe, and i have encountered a problem. I took a mission that told me to dock with a space station and get some passengers that was in need of a transport but when i docked i could not figure out how to actually get the people on board my ship. I've been looking trough the menus but i cant find any way to retrieve them. I've had the same problem with those mission. Is this a bug or am i missing something?

Thanks for any answer's.

/Mogir

NeverSnake
x3tc

Post by NeverSnake » Tue, 16. Dec 08, 20:19

You're missing something, they dock automatically.

You do need either a passenger transport (TP - some missions require one specifically) or a normal ship with cargo life support installed (TPs have it built in). If the passengers aren't boarding them the chances are you either don't have cargo life support or the mission specifcally requires a TP and you're not using one.

Usually it will tell you what's wrong, but sometimes it doesn't.
"There's an old story about the person who wished his computer were as easy to use as his telephone. That wish has come true, since I no longer know how to use my telephone" — Bjarne Stroustrup

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Tue, 16. Dec 08, 20:25

You also need enough free space - passengers take 6M each, iirc.

Also, there was a bug where missions didn't recognise the built-in CLS on TP ships - not sure if that was fixed in 1.3.

Mogir

Post by Mogir » Tue, 16. Dec 08, 20:41

I have the first Merchant ship that you get when you start the game, i guess thats what keeping the passengers from coming aboard. The mission does not say anything that i have the wrong ship so it must be life support thats missing. Where can i buy a Life support upgrade?

NeverSnake
x3tc

Post by NeverSnake » Tue, 16. Dec 08, 21:07

Carlo the Curious wrote:You also need enough free space - passengers take 6M each, iirc.
8 M

Cargo life support can be bought at pirate bases, as well as various special stations such as the boron research dock down lucky planets way and one of the corporate Headquarters.

Your encyclopedia should give you a list of stations it can be bought at.
"There's an old story about the person who wished his computer were as easy to use as his telephone. That wish has come true, since I no longer know how to use my telephone" — Bjarne Stroustrup

Mogir

Post by Mogir » Tue, 16. Dec 08, 21:15

NeverSnake wrote:
Carlo the Curious wrote:You also need enough free space - passengers take 6M each, iirc.
8 M

Cargo life support can be bought at pirate bases, as well as various special stations such as the boron research dock down lucky planets way and one of the corporate Headquarters.

Your encyclopedia should give you a list of stations it can be bought at.
Thanks for the help!

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Tue, 16. Dec 08, 21:50

NeverSnake wrote:
8 M
Are you sure that's not just marines? Since I'm too lazy to check atm :p

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”