[MOD] SSBM V2.7 & Cmod3-SSBM

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

spacefueladdict
x3tc

[MOD] SSBM V2.7 & Cmod3-SSBM

Post by spacefueladdict » Wed, 17. Dec 08, 15:38

Sector & Background Mod V2.7
&
CMOD3-SSBM

This is the Background and Sector size mod which is compatible with X3-TC2.7

Upon installing this mod you will have bigger sector sizes along with a combination of 'Realspace', 'X3-Gotcha' & 'Standard' backgrounds, Improved sun effects.

[ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ]
[ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ]

[ external image ] [ external image ]

In SSBM all sectors have been completely changed, so it will be an exploration experience for you. You will find that the sector sizes have been increased by 50% +, some sectors are really quite big. Gate positions have also been altered and sectors are now more three dimensional.

Several new sectors have been added including:

1). Pirate Core Sector, with shipyard and eq-dock
2). ATF Core Sector. shipyard and numerous stations
3). Second Xenon Core Sector. with a shipyard (if you can find & get to it)

Quite a few stations have been added to help the economy cope with the size increase, along with and increase in free traders.

Added Phased Array laser, Plasma Beam Cannon, Tri-Beam Cannon & Fusion Beam Cannon Forges and added the weapons into some of the Eq-docks.

If you have chosen the version with the T/ships addition, you will notice that capships are a little faster along with hull armor and shield changes, also all cap ships have had the extra turrets guns added into the upper and lower batteries! So for example a Colossus has 4 gun mounts in upper/lower turrets and a Titan has 8.

Capital ships have greater freight capacity and can carry ST sized cargo.

Freighters have had a speed increase to adjust for the sector size increase along with shield and cargo increases, and fighters have had a speed and manouverability increase of about 15% and also shield & hull increase.

The jobs file has been altered, it is loosely based on Ulfius' Cmod3 'Extreme', all civilians have been removed, due to larger sector sizes I have increased the number of traders to compensate for ware production shortages in V1.0.

Militaries have had numbers increased slightly. Enemy ships will patrol in large numbers and enemy sectors will be strongly defended.... YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!

Special thanks go to the following for their direct/Indirect help with the creation of this mod, without which, there would be little or no mod.

Vitez, X2-Eliah, Noriko Minako, X3-Gotcha, Realspace, LV, Idea, Apricotslice, Valkenswaard, SS-T, Zoed Vega and many others.

This download is in Spk format which will create a profile in the installer.

Upon opening the installer, Click 'Install New Package', Locate this mod and select,

You will then be asked if you wish to 'enable a profile for this package', Click 'yes' then exit from the installer.

Start the game, in the Exe menu go to 'select mod package' and select this mod.

Please note that this mod is compatible with 2.7 even though the file you download says 2.5.... Just havn't had time to change it. lol

V2.7 Download Links:

T-Ship version:
(2) Sector & Background Mod. 2.5-(t-ship).spk

Non-T-ship version:
Sector & Background Mod. 2.5.spk

Changelog:

13/04/09. 2.0. Initial release.

14/04/09. 2.0(a). Fixed issue with Argon & Split eq dock stocking incorrect items, & fixed similar issue with all military bases.

15/04/09. 2.0(b). Fixed issue with incorrect sun in sector. Re-classed mod as BETA until all bugs are ironed out.
:oops:

21/04/09. 2.0(c). Fixed issue of factory owners in new ATF sectors.
Fixed split police licence in Pirate Anarchy Port & checked through others for similar issues.
Corrected typos in t-file :oops: ... worked through jobs file to solve issues with over population of pirates, hopefully that situation has improved, also added a few more traders.

24/04/09. 2.0(Final). Retweaked jobs file to balance pirate faction.
Added some goodies around along with a couple of abandoned ships.
Slight tweak to t-backgrounds file.
Added some debris to several sectors.

01/05/09. 2.0(Final). Found that i had accidentally deleted Heavy Centaur Prototype from t-ships file which would affect somwe plot missions. Re-added to t-ship file.

19/08/09. 2.1 compatible version of non T-ship. Some sector sizes reduced, jobs file tweaked to reduce millitaries, new fabs (from 2.1 update) added to various shipyards.

21/08/09. 2.1a A few issues with station ownership fixed.

08/09/09. 2,1d. Fixed missing supply command software, fixed Xenon station in 022, completely reworked t-ship file. Added TBC, PAL, FBC & PBC forges, reduced size of all huge sectors and most others, still bigger than original.

16/09/09. fixed speed of xenon 'm'[color]

19/10/09. Updated to 2.5[color]

I hope that you will enjoy this mod, if you have any comments or suggestions for future improvements, please post here.

I recommend using Cmod3 with SSBM

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=241047

&

Loki77's Advanced Hyperdrive.

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=235225

*THIS MOD REQUIRES A NEW START*......Sorry folks :roll:

Coming Soon... Cmod3 balanced for this mod.
Thanks to Ulfius & SS_T for permission to use there mod.

Link to CMOD3-SSBM Here: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 33#3032533

Cheers and enjoy.

Spacefueladdict

{Big images replaced with thumbnails. jlehtone}
Last edited by spacefueladdict on Mon, 5. Jul 10, 11:51, edited 72 times in total.

spacefueladdict
x3tc

Post by spacefueladdict » Fri, 19. Dec 08, 12:04

Here are a few more pics for you to veiw.

[ external image ][ external image ][ external image ][ external image ][ external image ][ external image ][ external image ]

any comments or idea's for changes would be welcome. :)
Last edited by spacefueladdict on Wed, 15. Apr 09, 15:43, edited 3 times in total.

Vitez
xr

Post by Vitez » Fri, 19. Dec 08, 12:18

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/912/ ... consi2.jpg
I don't know wich sector is this, but I hope Priest Rings will look something like this :D I trully miss the X2 Priest Rings with the Saturn-like planet.

+

I would really like to see habitable (like Sonra 4) planets with rings. I reeeaaaly love those.

Keep ut the good work :thumb_up:
I don't hate Steam.
I don't love Steam.
I use it.

spacefueladdict
x3tc

Post by spacefueladdict » Fri, 19. Dec 08, 12:23

I,m glad you like it, but it's actually Akeela's Beacon.

Priest's Ring WILL have this kind of planet in it :D

Vitez
xr

Post by Vitez » Fri, 19. Dec 08, 20:06

spacefueladdict wrote: any comments or idea's for changes would be welcome. :)
Well, I personaly always liked the EVE-online clouds
But I think something like these would look cool too :)
http://joejesus.deviantart.com/art/Smoo ... n-98612258
http://gucken.deviantart.com/art/Sunris ... e-56420137
http://baro.deviantart.com/art/Stagelight-65207020 3worlds maybe?
http://baro.deviantart.com/art/Down-Under-34130272 Love sunrises in space...or is it the sunsets? baaah :D
I don't hate Steam.
I don't love Steam.
I use it.

spacefueladdict
x3tc

Post by spacefueladdict » Sun, 21. Dec 08, 14:03

Wow those look amazing, there was a mod by realspace that added more backgrounds to reunion that produced a similar effect. i'm hoping that i will be ported to TC then it would give more scope to creating more unique looking sectors.

spacefueladdict
x3tc

Post by spacefueladdict » Sun, 21. Dec 08, 14:36

Last edited by spacefueladdict on Wed, 15. Apr 09, 15:20, edited 3 times in total.

spacefueladdict
x3tc

Post by spacefueladdict » Fri, 2. Jan 09, 12:21

*UPDATE*

Happy New Year to you all!! :D

All Boron, Argon, Paranid, Teladi, Yaki, Terran, Xenon, Pirate sectors are now complete,

added in ice asteroids into fields, and i'm thinking of adding terran ice mining facilities into a selection of the other races, (on the premace that th terrans sold the other races the tech) :wink: ... and then adding water as a secondary resource into the followig factories:-

Chelt Aquariums
Cattle Ranches
Soja farms
flower farms
Dream farms
Plankton Farms

Also adding the I.M.F into selected shipyards. (provided that whin the player puchases them, the setup procedure is the same as for silicon and ore mines). :?

I'm also thinking of adding a lot of crates into the universe, such as food ( like Multiple Crate stashes), Arms Dumps in asteroid fields, and tech goods(triplex scanners and the like). :)

Comment's, Suggestions or requests welcome.
Last edited by spacefueladdict on Sat, 17. Jan 09, 11:22, edited 1 time in total.

xiriod
x3tc

Post by xiriod » Fri, 2. Jan 09, 13:17

Happy new year!!

So far it all looks very nice. But you are getting close to the take-off effect :) Which pretty much means that you start out with an idea and then you expand it beyond perhaps what you first thought and perhaps even beyond what other people are looking for :) Hehe.

Since you ask for input, then perhaps make a clean mod that makes the graphical changes and such you set out to do, since this was suppose to enhance sector appearance. And then another that has all the station implementations and extra crates and goodies you have thought of so far.

Just my 5-cents though, you are doing a great job at it.

spacefueladdict
x3tc

Post by spacefueladdict » Fri, 2. Jan 09, 13:24

Thanks Xiriod :)

That was pretty much the plan of action for what i'm doing, now that i'm about 65% complete on the sector map, i'm just wanting to get a feel of what extra thing that folks would like me to put into the next part. :roll:

the abouve bwere just a few idea's that I had and was hoping to get some new idea's or pointer's from the community! :) [/quote]

xiriod
x3tc

Post by xiriod » Fri, 2. Jan 09, 13:33

That's good to hear :) One thing though, Aldrin. There has been some discussions as to the sheer size of this sector. Have you considered making it a more normal sized sector? Or perhaps a version of the map that has :)

spacefueladdict
x3tc

Post by spacefueladdict » Fri, 2. Jan 09, 13:39

i had planned on leaving it as it is, as i have increased the size of nearly all the sectors on the map, (90km - 300km between gates).

I have noticed that it has been set up off center, but i assume that has been done because the use of the unfocused jumpdrive brings you out in the center of the sector, and i think there is a busted planet in the center of the aldrin ring of asteroids. wich could be a bit painful on impact! :shock:

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Fri, 2. Jan 09, 14:45

Hi spacefueladdict!

Happy to see someone is experimenting with TC's sector layout and backgrounds, Reunion had big possibilities of enhancement, dont knon TC but should not be different.

Just only mastering the galaxy editor can give a lot of nice results!

As for insipiration you can also look at my Continuum mod project for reunion, I listed some trikcs I used to create things as asteroid field backgrounds, etc.
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 68#2709368

by the way, have you tested what is tha max size of a sector in TC? in reunion you could not overpass 4290km and in any case no more than 2000km to avoid problems with thte map. How is it in TC?
and, are there always the same 490 max sectors or can we have more in TC? Thanks.

and keep up with the good work :wink:

Resheph

Post by Resheph » Fri, 2. Jan 09, 15:12

Have to say that If it is possible to mix these two modifications, the effect would be awesome. Along the new space graphics and newly shadered planets, and the asteroid fields, awwww im just melting :D
The glory of the gods
Is put out
Like a reed torch
In the water
The roof of the house of Amun is fallen
Even the gods must die

spacefueladdict
x3tc

Post by spacefueladdict » Fri, 2. Jan 09, 16:44

Realspace:-
Hi spacefueladdict!

Happy to see someone is experimenting with TC's sector layout and backgrounds, Reunion had big possibilities of enhancement, dont knon TC but should not be different.

Just only mastering the galaxy editor can give a lot of nice results!

As for insipiration you can also look at my Continuum mod project for reunion, I listed some trikcs I used to create things as asteroid field backgrounds, etc.
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 68#2709368

by the way, have you tested what is tha max size of a sector in TC? in reunion you could not overpass 4290km and in any case no more than 2000km to avoid problems with thte map. How is it in TC?
and, are there always the same 490 max sectors or can we have more in TC? Thanks.
Thanks mate, i had you're background mod for reunion, that was a brilliant piece of work, i was kind of hoping that you could port it over to TC cos it would give me some extra material to use in this.

The galaxy editor is really cool! as to your questions, i think the sector size limit is still as you gave, i know that when ive tried to get a really large planet like saturn to be far away, it gets to just over 4000km then goes back to 0 km.

As far as max number of sector's.... I don't know :? but i can't see that having been change (please correct me if i'm wrong :roll: ). Anyhows i havn't planned on adding sectors, still have trouble with the map side of thing's, using doubleshadow's editor to add the sector is easy...(say's i) :D

I really liked the idea behind you're continuum project having fewer but bigger sectors is great, one day it may be realised :D

if you like, pm me you're e-mail and i'll send you over a copy of what i've already done and tell me what you think. :)

Resheph

Post by Resheph » Fri, 2. Jan 09, 16:58

Wouldnt merging sectors affect the missions, or the One Big Sector would have some administrating borders when which we pass its like we entered new sector?
The glory of the gods
Is put out
Like a reed torch
In the water
Even the gods must die

spacefueladdict
x3tc

Post by spacefueladdict » Fri, 2. Jan 09, 17:02

I think that it might have an effect, it would probobly be best used as a custom start, the administrating border sounds like an interesting idea, i've wondered if it would be possible to have two races share a sector? (e.g Argon & boron)

Resheph

Post by Resheph » Fri, 2. Jan 09, 17:05

even the administration border is a bit wicked idea, becouse one lets name it "Sector cube" consisting of several lesser cubes, which those little ones would be parted between races... So flying from one cube where argon reigns to another (without any jumps so just flying to other "small cube" where is no argon Gear, would be weird...
The glory of the gods
Is put out
Like a reed torch
In the water
Even the gods must die

spacefueladdict
x3tc

Post by spacefueladdict » Fri, 2. Jan 09, 17:09

Hmm that is .... intreguing!! (is this spelt right?) :roll:
if you look at the link in realspce's post further up this thread, thats very similar to what you mentioned. read through the whole of the 'Continuum Project thread, you will find it very interesting.

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Sat, 3. Jan 09, 17:53

I've posted some new pics about planets in the Continuum mod topic.... I think I'l try at least to arrange the stuff I made for a final stage (I changed pc so had to refind all the compiled stuff, something was missed).

I'l continue my experimentation with reunion hoping that the results can be eventually used in TC, in any case I'll report what i do so you can use the same solution if you wish :wink:

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”