[TC] Home of Light is best location for PHQ?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

xxxHACKERxxx

Home of Light is best location for PHQ?

Post by xxxHACKERxxx » Mon, 22. Dec 08, 19:08

I've got the PHQ and i was tinking to put it in home of light, beacause there are jumpdrives, marines and EQ docks and SPP are only 1 jump far.
I don't want to build complex or factory: only a base for my fleet.
There is another sector better than HoL?

Etolf
x3tc

Post by Etolf » Mon, 22. Dec 08, 19:13

it is personal taste as much as anything... your stated reasons are good and sound... I tend to prefer a more central sector, but I know many who prefer nearer the edges, as you do...

go for it, and enjoy your PHQ :)

cantthinkofaname

Post by cantthinkofaname » Mon, 22. Dec 08, 20:05

You could stick it in the Hub. That way it's effectively mobile, as long as you've got energy cells for realigning the gates.

NeverSnake
x3tc

Post by NeverSnake » Mon, 22. Dec 08, 20:05

Home of light is laggy since it's got a corporation HQ in it though, I'd suggest either Light of Heart or Ianamus Zura as they're easy to jump to as well as being central so you save on energy cells

EDIT: And home of light has no patrolling M2 either.
"There's an old story about the person who wished his computer were as easy to use as his telephone. That wish has come true, since I no longer know how to use my telephone" — Bjarne Stroustrup

Ozman202
x3tc

Post by Ozman202 » Mon, 22. Dec 08, 20:34

Might just be me but in my X3:TC game Paranid M2's pass through it once in a while
Too many M3's Die by crashing into their own missiles

AjRyder
x3ap

Post by AjRyder » Mon, 22. Dec 08, 21:16

I have put mine in Asteroid belt this seems to be a good spot for anything to do with computers, and I get trade from all the races ;)
Star Trek Phase II watch new episodes now at

http://www.startreknewvoyages.com

My computer is fast very very fast ;)

Follow me on Twitter @Formula1Dragon

NeverSnake
x3tc

Post by NeverSnake » Tue, 23. Dec 08, 03:18

Ozman202 wrote:Might just be me but in my X3:TC game Paranid M2's pass through it once in a while
And that'll get into fights with the local argons, and if you're in sector one of your ships may get hit by stray bullets.
"There's an old story about the person who wished his computer were as easy to use as his telephone. That wish has come true, since I no longer know how to use my telephone" — Bjarne Stroustrup

Kor'ah
x4

Post by Kor'ah » Tue, 23. Dec 08, 03:20

Dead end unknown sector. Then tie it to the hub so it can be everywhere, and nowhere, at the same time.
[X3] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots
[X3T] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots in Terran Conflict

The mercenary code
There is no right or wrong.
There is no good or evil.
There is only the will of the client, and how much they're paying.

Khromm
x4

Post by Khromm » Tue, 23. Dec 08, 11:11

Personal favorite (came from a suggestion elsewhere on the board):

Find an unknown sector with two gates (preferably EW or NS configuration as opposed to ES etc).

Using the hub, grab each gate. This will tie up four gates in the hub system, but it's worth it.

All ships that would usually pass through the unknown sector now take the shortest path which is now through the hub sector. As an example, using the sector east of Montelaar, which has two 'roids at 50+ yield (one ore, one silicon) and all I've seen since linking the gates is one passenger transport and one khaak cluster (which took thirty seconds to clear). The rest of the time, it's one quiet sector nott too far from the center, and with the hub with one free gate to move where I want, it's fairly "mobile" as well...

AjRyder
x3ap

Post by AjRyder » Tue, 23. Dec 08, 13:33

Khromm wrote:Personal favorite (came from a suggestion elsewhere on the board):

Find an unknown sector with two gates (preferably EW or NS configuration as opposed to ES etc).

Using the hub, grab each gate. This will tie up four gates in the hub system, but it's worth it.

All ships that would usually pass through the unknown sector now take the shortest path which is now through the hub sector. As an example, using the sector east of Montelaar, which has two 'roids at 50+ yield (one ore, one silicon) and all I've seen since linking the gates is one passenger transport and one khaak cluster (which took thirty seconds to clear). The rest of the time, it's one quiet sector nott too far from the center, and with the hub with one free gate to move where I want, it's fairly "mobile" as well...
yeah sounds good BUT Astoroid belt has 3 roids +50 yield 1 ore and 2 silicon ;)
Star Trek Phase II watch new episodes now at

http://www.startreknewvoyages.com

My computer is fast very very fast ;)

Follow me on Twitter @Formula1Dragon

Mikes78
x3

Post by Mikes78 » Tue, 23. Dec 08, 14:00

There is only one sector imho that is really worthy of the PHQ and there is only one station that is really worth to be placed in the Hub.

Fits in perfectly too and still allows docking of capital ships just fine. Looks cool as heck too:)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”