[TC] Which gates did you join to the Hub and why ?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

apricotslice
x4

Which gates did you join to the Hub and why ?

Post by apricotslice » Wed, 24. Dec 08, 13:26

I'm having troubles deciding where to join 2 sets of the gates in the Hub.

The first set is joined to my complex sector.

Where did you join yours to to (the actual gate) and why ?

Kor'ah
x4

Post by Kor'ah » Wed, 24. Dec 08, 14:01

Only got the first set of gates active. Linked them between new income and avarice.

The other two gate sets....One will be linked out to the west and the other will be linked to a sector to the east. JD fuel useage should be dramaticly lower then.
[X3] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots
[X3T] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots in Terran Conflict

The mercenary code
There is no right or wrong.
There is no good or evil.
There is only the will of the client, and how much they're paying.

Allan F
x3ap

Post by Allan F » Wed, 24. Dec 08, 15:17

Started with 1. set between Tkr's Deprivation and Ghinn's Escape. My big complex in Tkr's Deprivation was created to deliver Tela and ore. 2. set was connected between Elena's Fortune and President's End, because Elena's Fortune had a big complex producing silicon, and later crystals. 1. set was moved to between Family Whi and Shareholder's Fortune, because Mines of Fortune and Family Tkr and Tkr's Deprivation had big complexes producing silicon and crystals. And I wanted access to the core Split sectors, because Patriarchs Retreat also contained a big complex.

When I got the third set, I connected Duke's Citadel and Pontiflex' Seclusion, because I wanted access to the deep south too. Maybe I'll change that later on.
Maverick: Requesting permission for flyby.
Air Boss Johnson: That's a negative ghostrider, the pattern is full.
Goose: No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.
Maverick: Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz a Split.
Split: Split now give you .... Aaaarrriiiigh.

SlyReaper

Post by SlyReaper » Wed, 24. Dec 08, 16:31

Argon Prime <-> Home Of Light [Jumpdrives one side, Argon equipment dock the other]

Asteroid Belt <-> Heretic's End [Easy access to Terran space to stock up on M/AM warheads]

Heaven's Assertion <-> Patriarch's Collusion [Split EQ one side, Paranid space the other]

I get a lot of traffic through the Hub. I set the buy prices on my PHQ (which is in the Hub) one credit above average and keep the PHQ's funds topped up, and it just accumulates materials without me having to worry.

Lord of Nothing
x3tc

Post by Lord of Nothing » Wed, 24. Dec 08, 20:44

Kor'ah wrote:Only got the first set of gates active. Linked them between new income and avarice.

The other two gate sets....One will be linked out to the west and the other will be linked to a sector to the east. JD fuel useage should be dramaticly lower then.
Strange...
That's exactly what I have planned/am doing...
Skirnir. No counter-argument possible.

AjRyder
x3ap

Post by AjRyder » Wed, 24. Dec 08, 22:03

I have mine also at the asteroid belt as I have my major fab there producing for the hub. My other gates will be Argon prime a major link to my fab and the last set will be family Whi and share holders, that way I have as many races coming to me in asteroid belt as my fab is huge ;)
Star Trek Phase II watch new episodes now at

http://www.startreknewvoyages.com

My computer is fast very very fast ;)

Follow me on Twitter @Formula1Dragon

Cactus-Soup
x3tc

Post by Cactus-Soup » Wed, 24. Dec 08, 22:05

Argon Prime to Home of light.
Omicron Lyrae to... whatever is west of it.
And originally had the last 2 unknowns in Terran space linked.

I understand that you can't connect to Accelerators anymore, but what happens if you already did?

Kimble

Post by Kimble » Wed, 24. Dec 08, 22:38

Argon Prime <> Home Of Light
Grand Exchange <> Belt Of Aguilar
Moo Kye's Revenge <> Cardinals Domain

I took over Moo sector, placed my HQ there, it's where I keep all my ships. I use Avarice as my production system. I get so much traffic in the hub now, I sell all my excess crap at the trade hub. Jumping around the galaxy is a lot cheaper now.

I also thought about linking Clarity's End with Hatikvah's Faith and making Hatikvah's my HQ system. Maybe next time.

EDIT: I was just looking at the map and though of another set.

Family Whi <> Shareholders Fortune
Queens Harbor <> Queens Retribution
Ministry Of Finance <> Rhy's Desire

This one Intercepts a Lot of main choke points.

NeverSnake
x3tc

Post by NeverSnake » Wed, 24. Dec 08, 23:08

Nobody using Queen's Retribution and Queen's Harbour? Jumpdrives and docking computers to one side, Boron Super-Shipyard to the other.
"There's an old story about the person who wished his computer were as easy to use as his telephone. That wish has come true, since I no longer know how to use my telephone" — Bjarne Stroustrup

Etolf
x3tc

Post by Etolf » Wed, 24. Dec 08, 23:37

I don't really think it matters much where you put them... as all games are different... it's really up to the individual player to spot opportunities that will always exist in their game...

However, good suggestions...

CNiall

Post by CNiall » Wed, 24. Dec 08, 23:45

Perpetual Sin and Duke's Citadel is a mainstay of my Hub, since my HQ is placed in Perpetual Sin. The other pairs of gates depends on what I'm doing, really. Most of the time they will link up a Terran sector for easy access to their space and Queen's Space for the triplex scanners / jumpdrives, but I change one pair if, say, I need to feed some resources into my HQ for ship manufacture.

I should try putting some complexes in Perpetual Sin along with my HQ, really, but there's not enough silicon there to do that for everything. The second unknown sector from Unholy Descent looks like it may be a better place, though. It has no fog or tinting like Perpetual Sin, but it has four 60+ yield silicon asteroids: plenty for manufacturing my ship resources, I think, though I've not done the exact calculations yet. On the downside, it's more out of the way (but that's what the Hub's for) and a lot bigger than Perpetual Sin: more mine towing isn't an inviting concept. I've got a save from before I placed my HQ backed up, though, so I suppose I could always test it out and see how it goes.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Wed, 24. Dec 08, 23:49

I see most seem to be connecting depending on where their industry is based,

Anyone connecting based on sheer traffic numbers, or trying to ensure all races are passing through ?

SlyReaper

Post by SlyReaper » Wed, 24. Dec 08, 23:53

apricotslice wrote:I see most seem to be connecting depending on where their industry is based,

Anyone connecting based on sheer traffic numbers, or trying to ensure all races are passing through ?
Well if you see my post, that's exactly what I've done. Okay, there's not much that goes through Heretic's End and Asteroid Belt, but the rest see pretty heavy traffic.

DeadlyDarkness
x3tc

Post by DeadlyDarkness » Thu, 25. Dec 08, 00:51

Has anyone connected say the xenon core sector to somewhere like kingdom end? I would predict epic boron extermination lulz.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Thu, 25. Dec 08, 01:02

That would mean that the Xenon would rampage through the Hub all the time, same as they did before you took control. Might make life interesting for the combat people, but for us traders, thats not an option.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Thu, 25. Dec 08, 01:05

Hmm Gates???

I'm still a noob as regards TC,so this suprised me.

Do you get the gates from the story-line (plot) missions, or are they in some sort of secret containers?

I am not asking for specifics of how to get them.

Thanks.Still exploring.

seethestar
x4

Post by seethestar » Thu, 25. Dec 08, 01:08

Im thinking of -

Barren Shores - Priests Refuge
Family Whi - Shareholders Fortune
Argon Prime - Home Of Light

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Thu, 25. Dec 08, 01:32

TTD, the HUB Plotline. You end up with a "special" sector.

NeverSnake
x3tc

Post by NeverSnake » Thu, 25. Dec 08, 01:51

TTD wrote:Hmm Gates???

I'm still a noob as regards TC,so this suprised me.

Do you get the gates from the story-line (plot) missions, or are they in some sort of secret containers?

I am not asking for specifics of how to get them.

Thanks.Still exploring.
They're not seperate gates, they're part of 'The Hub' which has it's own plotline. Once you get hailed by Mahi Ma you'll see soon enough.
"There's an old story about the person who wished his computer were as easy to use as his telephone. That wish has come true, since I no longer know how to use my telephone" — Bjarne Stroustrup

cswiger
x3tc

Post by cswiger » Thu, 25. Dec 08, 18:32

For the first set of gates, I selected:

Home of Light <--> President's End

...in order to hook up with my major complex in Ore Belt and my newly added Teladium L (6x) plex in The Wall. But I didn't want to add a hop between HoL, Argon Prime, or Ore Belt, so going into PresE seems to have worked out quite well. My next will be:

Queen's Retribution <--> Queen's Harbor

For the third, I was thinking of facilitating access to OTAS ships via:

Akeela's Beacon <--> Legend's Home

...but I have to admit that:

Barren Shores <--> Priests Refuge

...is tempting also, as my other big complex outside of Ore Belt is in Barren Shores [silicon mine (4x) / crystal fab (8x) / SPP L / BioGas L (2x) / BoFu L (2x) ]. Another decent choice might be

Montelaar <--> Avarice
Last edited by cswiger on Sat, 27. Dec 08, 21:49, edited 1 time in total.
Do you remember Shalebridge Cradle?
Beware! The Cradle *doesn't* forget....

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”