[TC] PSP It should have that BIG reload rate?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

LTerSlash
x4

PSP It should have that BIG reload rate?

Post by LTerSlash » Sat, 27. Dec 08, 23:40

Hi, i just got an Osaka and i fully armed it with PSP and SSC all around, and... well im going back to my Panther with IBLs... i feel i loss about 150m in that thing...

I mean, is not powerfull enoght for an M2... those PSP fire very slowy, move very slowy, miss the 50% of the shoots and even 2-3 Q can own you it you dont be carefull...

Im doing something wrong? or PSP just suck?

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Sat, 27. Dec 08, 23:44

No, this is normal. PSP do suck compared to every other cap ship laser in the game.

That's what you get for the advantage of being terran.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Seathal
x4

Re: PSP It should have that BIG reload rate?

Post by Seathal » Sun, 28. Dec 08, 00:16

LTerSlash wrote:Hi, i just got an Osaka and i fully armed it with PSP and SSC all around, and... well im going back to my Panther with IBLs... i feel i loss about 150m in that thing...

I mean, is not powerfull enoght for an M2... those PSP fire very slowy, move very slowy, miss the 50% of the shoots and even 2-3 Q can own you it you dont be carefull...

Im doing something wrong? or PSP just suck?
Use MARS. or if you're driving yourself hop on the front battery and CHARGE them. You'll destory any capital ship in one charged abrrage and a normal one (Your firerate's also way faster when you're in manual targetting).

To compensate that you have a good speed, awesome shield and laser generators and 12 GJ of shields. Oh and 48 lasers despite being slightly worse, which is more than any other ship). And SSC's!

Coruskane
x4

Post by Coruskane » Mon, 29. Dec 08, 18:02

They are worse under AI control than other anti-cap weapons, but under manual fire they are incredible. As a personal flagship you can't go wrong. And for the AI the extra 4Gj of shields compared to most other capitals is not a bad thing (tm).

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Mon, 29. Dec 08, 18:14

Coruskane wrote:They are worse under AI control than other anti-cap weapons, but under manual fire they are incredible.
Incredible doesn't quite describe them. =)
Under manual fire and fully charged they are about 5 % better than regular, uncharged PPC.
They are simply the worst capital ship laser in TC. *shrug*

Charged PPC take the PSP's lunch money and make them say thank you.
Last edited by Gazz on Mon, 29. Dec 08, 18:17, edited 1 time in total.
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

TiGGs
x3tc

Post by TiGGs » Mon, 29. Dec 08, 18:16

Take a Tyr then. You can charge 12 PSP simultaneously while the 8 PSP in the front can fire normally.

Kor'ah
x4

Post by Kor'ah » Mon, 29. Dec 08, 18:28

It's the massive volley damage of PSPs is what makes them so good and even better when fully charged. 8x PSP fully charged does 6GJ of sheild damage in one shot and can be fired well beyond 6.4km range with pratice.

PPC does do more DPS but "capital vs capital" fight are so short is hardly matters. Against larger stations the higher damage would would help but they don't exactly fight back.
[X3] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots
[X3T] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots in Terran Conflict

The mercenary code
There is no right or wrong.
There is no good or evil.
There is only the will of the client, and how much they're paying.

Mugenjin
x3tc

Post by Mugenjin » Mon, 29. Dec 08, 18:29

well good luck capping a tyr then. you'll need it ^_^
<(^_^)< v(^_^)v >(^_^)>

CNiall

Post by CNiall » Mon, 29. Dec 08, 18:46

TiGGs wrote:Take a Tyr then. You can charge 12 PSP simultaneously while the 8 PSP in the front can fire normally.
With the Tyr, isn't the cargo bay space a bit small for PSPs and shockwave cannons all around? I may just be being stupid, but I'm pretty sure that a setup of PSPs and shockwave cannons with shields would leave only 800 cargo space or so.

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Mon, 29. Dec 08, 19:00

Kor'ah wrote:PPC does do more DPS but "capital vs capital" fight are so short is hardly matters. Against larger stations the higher damage would would help but they don't exactly fight back.
That's true.
If a battle takes less than 5 seconds of weapon's fire, PSP are equal in terms of damage.
At the 5 sec mark regular PPC break even. At 10 sec, they pull ahead of even charged PSP.

PPC have more range and are faster so the 10 sec mark has long passed before PSP even get into firing range.

PSP appear stronger due to their long reload times. That's a psychological bonus that PPC just can't counter.
PSP were built for show, PPC for war. =)

Baredamage
x3tc

Post by Baredamage » Mon, 29. Dec 08, 19:02

Fit the Osaka like this 4xPSP 4xSSC front
1xPSP 7xSSC left right
8xSSC up Down

My Osaka is like this and it never dies it has eaten a few Kha'ak destroyes like this. :twisted:

dalin80
x3tc

Post by dalin80 » Mon, 29. Dec 08, 19:08

until it gets destroyed OOS sector becuase of yet another bug hasnt bothered sorting.

i do like the look and feel of the terran ships and the SSC's are awesome but they are a supreme pain in the bum to outfit and only work in sector all the time you would be better off firing old fashioned ppc's!
Pilot of the Purple Elephant

LTerSlash
x4

Post by LTerSlash » Mon, 29. Dec 08, 19:17

Destroying M2 at long range only work in tests guys... in a real battle you cant avoid the enemy forever and i cant strafe fire and fire PSP manually at the same time... and even so, if the target decides to turn the PSP will miss, that where PPCs have a great avantage.

Taking things a max range even PSP on the Tokyo will work...

Now i understand why there ar eno PSP on the Terran M7...

BTW, someone noticed that the Tokio has the same/better laser generator than Osaka?

TiGGs
x3tc

Post by TiGGs » Mon, 29. Dec 08, 19:38

CNiall wrote:With the Tyr, isn't the cargo bay space a bit small for PSPs and shockwave cannons all around? I may just be being stupid, but I'm pretty sure that a setup of PSPs and shockwave cannons with shields would leave only 800 cargo space or so.
Front: 8 x PSP
Right: 12 x PSP
Left: 12 x M/AML
Rest: Starburst
Cargo: Lots!

I usually charge the PSP, then jump back into the bridge to strafe around. The strong shields will keep you alive.
LTerSlash wrote:BTW, someone noticed that the Tokio has the same/better laser generator than Osaka?
9000 MW is way too much. I think 900 MW is more correct. Less than the ATF Odin, larger than the other M1s.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”