[BUG] TC 1.4 Cerberus and FAA weapons

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Neferdias
x3tc

[BUG] TC 1.4 Cerberus and FAA weapons

Post by Neferdias » Tue, 30. Dec 08, 03:08

Seems when FAA weapons are equiped in the Cerberus' turrets the weapons deal no damage.

I have tested multiple times with moving AI ships as well on stand still ships belonging to me. Tested under AI turret control and with me manning the turret.

At 2.11 km (max weapons range) the FAA shells and animation were landing DIRECTLY on top of my Skiron doing zero damage.

The turrets are not the problem as any other weapon i stick in the turrets deal damage as they should.

I am unsure if it is exclusive to the Cerberus as when i pilot my Diemos the FAA turrets do what they are supposed to do. These are the only ships i have used so far that can equip FAA's.

supakillaii
xr

Post by supakillaii » Tue, 30. Dec 08, 07:24

Have you saved with Salv. Insurance? If so, try changing the sector

Neferdias
x3tc

Post by Neferdias » Tue, 30. Dec 08, 12:09

Never use Salv. Insurance.

Changed multiple sectors during my tests searching for AI to test on. Result was all the same.

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Tue, 30. Dec 08, 12:24

there is a repeated bug with FAA that consists that, if you save during battle (using FAA) and reload they dont deal any damage.

Workaround is to save again while not using them and then load again.

I know this is not your exact situation, but make sure.. please ;)

RLHDLW
x3tc

Post by RLHDLW » Tue, 30. Dec 08, 14:21

With 1.4 the FAA bug occurs even without using salvage insurance.
RLHDLW
red' net, spui

X-Warrior B AS
Moderator (Nederlands)
Moderator (Nederlands)
x3tc

Post by X-Warrior B AS » Tue, 30. Dec 08, 14:26

Yes, it appears to happen quite a lot. Saving/reloading/jumping does not always work. Getting very annoying actually.

Incidentally, I also noticed it sometimes just being highly inaccurate (vs. Kha'ak), yet sometimes killing enemies after all.

Wolf-R1

Post by Wolf-R1 » Tue, 30. Dec 08, 16:36

RLHDLW wrote:With 1.4 the FAA bug occurs even without using salvage insurance.
I can attest to this with SSCs as well. If I do not save they work most times. If I save they're completely random leaning toward not working at all for roughly 10 minutes then automagically working again and dealing damage at some point.

Neferdias
x3tc

Post by Neferdias » Wed, 31. Dec 08, 00:30

I'm going to assume this is a known bug then?

I've opted to just not use them for now as no matter what i do they just won't work. (I've even rebooted the game a few times and tried reloading)

I feel kinda gimp without them though lol. Knocking out an M1 is actually reeeeeally hard without flaks to pound the fighters. Especially when they've all got PBG's equiped :o

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”