[TC] The Terran Spitfyre.. Best Fighter in the Game!!!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

whiteknightr1

The Terran Spitfyre.. Best Fighter in the Game!!!

Post by whiteknightr1 » Tue, 30. Dec 08, 23:32

Was on a search for an effective fighter, and had tried just about everything. Was traveling through the aldrin system and noticed the ships being produced at the stations there. If you haven't seen the specs on the Spitfyre your in for a treat. Travels at 450km when upgraded 3x25 shields but thats not the best part..The weapons this little dream can use are killer!!! They can eat through the tooughest of shields. Think i've mutilated 10 Xenon q's so far and each one only took 10 min each and once through the shield the hull goes twice as fast. It can only use 2 types of weapons and i'm finding the experimental cannon is the best in the game...so far.. you have to supply ammo which can be found in most Terran systems..it'll take a small pirate harrier in on shot and a pirate nova raider in about 6 shots if all shots hit the mark.The speed is unmatchable you can outrun every missle but the misquito which does little to no damage. By the time the enemy can even target you and fire your way out of range. With a fleet of these ships you could wipe out a good size enemy fleet in no time. Wicked little ship!!!

{moved from TC S+M - Carlo}
"THE EARTH IS THE CRADLE OF HUMANKIND,BUT ONE CANNOT LIVE IN THE CRADLE FOREVER"

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Tue, 30. Dec 08, 23:36

Is there some reason this is in the Scripts forum, or did you mean to post it in Spoilers?

whiteknightr1

Post by whiteknightr1 » Tue, 30. Dec 08, 23:37

Oops..yes i did!! My apologizes!!
"THE EARTH IS THE CRADLE OF HUMANKIND,BUT ONE CANNOT LIVE IN THE CRADLE FOREVER"

AdrianB1
x3tc

Post by AdrianB1 » Wed, 31. Dec 08, 00:02

While I admire your enthusiasm, you are missing a few very important points:
- the Experimental Electromagnetic Plasma Canon is so rare you can barely equip a single fighter, never an entire squadron
- there are 2 other ships to look for: the Vidar, 10 regular (available in many places) EMPCs in front mount and 2 turrets, 5x200 MJ shields and Springblossom with 3x200 MJ shields, top speed of 360 (ggod enough) and Matter-Antimatter Launchers + Starburst Cannons. The MAAMs kill a Q in 30 seconds, the SSC kill a M5 with a single shot and they are flak, most of the time don't miss the target.
- the EMPC does need no ammo
- while flying the Spitfyre look for M7 ships equipped with flaks, if you get closer than 2100 meters they will kill you in seconds
- the AI flying a Spitfyre is the most ineffective way to loose the fighter, I had a Nova killing one of my Spitfyre's (used as scout) in a single pass.

whiteknightr1

Post by whiteknightr1 » Wed, 31. Dec 08, 00:18

Well the thing is by the time the flak even get within range to do any damage you've fired and moved away. your moving so fast that the flak would hit long after you've moved from the spot. As far as the cannons go.. not if you buy them in aldrin..i've noticed the minute you buy them the supply of cannons replenish right away so arming multiple ships is easy. I have a springblossom and the Vidar, the speed is good but manuverability is bad. The weapons fire is to sread out to be very effective. Not saying this ship will satisfy everyones taste, or is invincible, but i have no hestation taking on capital ships with this fighter. This fighter used in mass would be a dangerous bee hive none the less.

whiteknightr1

Post by whiteknightr1 » Wed, 31. Dec 08, 00:22

In retrospect i wish i would have known about this ship rather than spending hours trying to make money on save station missions with an ineffective fighter. The very hard save the station don't seem so hard anymore..lol :wink:

whiteknightr1

Post by whiteknightr1 » Wed, 31. Dec 08, 00:27

the only weapons i am using on The spitfrye or the matter/anti matter cannons the are extremely effective for such a small fighter, and they do require ammo found in the terran sectors. They don't use any energy, and the amount of rounds you can store on a ship with a small cargo space is nice.

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Wed, 31. Dec 08, 00:40

It's generally better to edit your posts rather than making new ones (particularly when they're in such a short space of time).

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Wed, 31. Dec 08, 02:08

10 minutes to kill a Q ? :o

If it takes me more than 30 seconds, I start wondering why !

ubica

Post by ubica » Wed, 31. Dec 08, 02:31

The Spitfire is great with MAAMs front but consider just how annoying would be suplying dozens of Spitfyres with warheads. I jumped in my Tiger from the spitfyre in XI mission in Argon M418 sector an gave the Spitfyre the order to dock at he Military base. He was constantly attacked by Ms and Ls and by the time he docked he whiped out around 10 Xenons. It was fun to watch but that costed me over a million in bounty. I had the same idea about the large Spitfyre squadron, but it would be ideal if there was a way to equip them with experimental EMPCs (other than scripting the guns in).

Kor'ah
x4

Post by Kor'ah » Wed, 31. Dec 08, 02:41

Ah, the spitfyre. In one package you get:

-M5 speed and agility
-M4 size
-M3 sheilds, firepower and cargo space

Once the player has one fitted out it renders all other fighter craft in the game obsolete for personal use. It's the direct replacement for the Xenon LX of X3R.

It's not a great fighter for AI use. The AI can't fly and can't fight well enough to take advantage of this ship's capabilities. Better off just giveing those clueless clowns OTAS Solonos or Perseus Sentinals to tear up.
[X3] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots
[X3T] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots in Terran Conflict

The mercenary code
There is no right or wrong.
There is no good or evil.
There is only the will of the client, and how much they're paying.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Wed, 31. Dec 08, 02:55

imho, all fighters in the game are obsolete ! :D

I've been using a modified M6 since X2, a modified M7 since X3v2, and will never go back down.

Tungsten_Spike
x2

Post by Tungsten_Spike » Wed, 31. Dec 08, 03:10

I've always used an unmodified M3 as my ship. In X2 I believe it was a boron barracuda (Equipped with ion disrupters and a strafe drive, it's unkillable by any ship in the game with a few Kh'aak exceptions), in X3 I think it was a Nova, and in X3:TC it's currently a Nova Raider, although I'm looking for an Otas M3, they look quite nice.

If I've ever needed to kill anything bigger than a corvette in X3 and X3:TC. I've used a computer-controlled destroyer- works fine.

whiteknightr1

Post by whiteknightr1 » Wed, 31. Dec 08, 16:51

was a typo on my part..using the spitfyre it only took 3 or 4 minutes to wipe out a Zenon Q Considering the size ratio and fire power between the 2 it's not a bad kill time. Was using a Pirate nova raider in X3 Reunion and had some of the engine tuning mods from the pandora and it was moving at 438km or so. it was very effective fighter in that game.

RedLeader

Post by RedLeader » Wed, 31. Dec 08, 20:06

>400 m for a considerable power and adequate shields is a great value. Sure, only in capable (fleshy :) ) hands, and makes many other fighters feel obsolete.

I have my among my favourites some fighters which arguably pack more punch, but taking a seat in one after driving through half the universe in a Kestrel could seem painfully slow. But this one should do just nicely. Just sold my reward Claymore, now on to Aldrin!

NeverSnake
x3tc

Post by NeverSnake » Thu, 1. Jan 09, 01:13

apricotslice wrote:imho, all fighters in the game are obsolete ! :D

I've been using a modified M6 since X2, a modified M7 since X3v2, and will never go back down.
Yup, in TC you spend most of your time in a big ship, there's simply no way an M3 can handle the half a dozen M6s even a low level Assassination mission spawns.
"There's an old story about the person who wished his computer were as easy to use as his telephone. That wish has come true, since I no longer know how to use my telephone" — Bjarne Stroustrup

idofgrahf
x3ap

Post by idofgrahf » Thu, 1. Jan 09, 12:58

IMO in TC the best ships to fly are the m6 or m7's. Fighters lack the punch and shielding you need for some of the missions, IE final fury mission where you are to protect the base, the karka ships literally swarms all around you, they are scouts but there are so many of them your m3 wouldn't last 10 seconds with all of them firing at you and the worst part is their weapon rarely miss. I usually fly around in a vidra or a Daiemos. Vidra is ideal for station defense missions, usually get 5 million for a 5 minute mission, it can blow the pirate corvets in under 15 secs with all ten slots firing, best part is, the Vidar was free.
i7 5930k R9 295x2 64gb ram
God is Dead, God remains dead, we have killed him!

RedLeader

Post by RedLeader » Thu, 1. Jan 09, 13:27

Well, IMO a good M7 owns 4-5 M6s no problem while usually not much slower, so probably a better investment. Also, a fine frigate can defend itself well enough against swarms of fighters with flak. Vidar packs mean punch, though, and can dock everywhere.
On the other hand, Spitfyre can wield almost equal frontal firepower at over 400 m/s. Bombers are a great threat to even the largest ships. And then there are some fine heavy fighters. IMO noone forces to personally fly a mighty and slow battlewagon, of course it's hard againt the bigger ships, but then you can leave heavy fire support to AI and fly a harasser yourself. Now, that's great and that's what we have been promised.

Seathal
x4

Post by Seathal » Thu, 1. Jan 09, 17:01

RedLeader wrote:Well, IMO a good M7 owns 4-5 M6s no problem while usually not much slower, so probably a better investment. Also, a fine frigate can defend itself well enough against swarms of fighters with flak. Vidar packs mean punch, though, and can dock everywhere.
On the other hand, Spitfyre can wield almost equal frontal firepower at over 400 m/s. Bombers are a great threat to even the largest ships. And then there are some fine heavy fighters. IMO noone forces to personally fly a mighty and slow battlewagon, of course it's hard againt the bigger ships, but then you can leave heavy fire support to AI and fly a harasser yourself. Now, that's great and that's what we have been promised.
You have your points there... but the Vidar's firepower is beyond comparation with the Spytfire. If you load a Spytfire with Expermiental M/AM's Launchers it takes the 95% of the cargo, giving you free space for... 20 Ammo packs, this if you avoid certain upgrades and equipment to your ship. THough the optimal armament for this M3 should be EEMPC's which are hell to find.
Now the Vidar can easly mount 10 normal EMPC's (as opposed to the Spyt's 8 EEMPC's, whicha re slightly weaker) and hold much more ammo since it's superior cargo bay.

In your hands a M7 can take 20 M6's at once with basic flight skills, much much mor eif you use other tactics like jumping in/out or evasive/distracting maneuveurs. That happens with all ships; everything will be more powerful in your own hands (well most things, anyway).

For example, it's a kid's game to take out M7's with a Vidar (or pretty much any other corvette). WIth M1's and M2's it takes more patience but it is possible. Now same applies with M7 to bigger-sized ships, and again with M2's against swarms of smaller craft or squadrons of capitals. In my oppinion you should be always handling a M7 or an M2 if you have the chance in big fights sicne you cant ake the best out of them, and elave the smaller ships to the AI.

Kor'ah
x4

Post by Kor'ah » Thu, 1. Jan 09, 17:11

Problem with flying around in those M7s is that they're painfully slow. Why go 121m/s when you can go 450 and still kill everything you see?
[X3] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots
[X3T] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots in Terran Conflict

The mercenary code
There is no right or wrong.
There is no good or evil.
There is only the will of the client, and how much they're paying.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”