TM as M8 base & supplier?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

XanII
x4

TM as M8 base & supplier?

Post by XanII » Wed, 31. Dec 08, 07:09

I just love the OTAS Zephyr TM. I now have one constantly following me around or then i pilot it myself when nothing else is happening.

Good speed that keeps up with my modest collection of ships (Nova, Cutlass, Enh. Pericles) and shields/weapons good enough to ward of attackers.

For me the TM is definitely an important tactical addon to the game. Atleast until i get to the TL and M1 stage. :D

Now im planning to get me another one, this time to use as a base for M8 ships. M8 class it seems is quite usefull against tougher targets but it requires a great deal of energy/missile supply so i guess some kind of base is pretty much mandatory for the M8 if you dont have a hq for it. Any recomendations?
Pelican perhaps?

Argon TM looks interesting also as it can mount minng eq but i wonder does anybody actualy use it to mine? its hold is way to small for that imho.

Arakiel
x4

Post by Arakiel » Wed, 31. Dec 08, 07:17

I could be mistaken but I am fairly certain you can't dock an M8 on a TM...aren't M8 considered "large" ships by the game engine?

space pirate

Post by space pirate » Wed, 31. Dec 08, 08:44

m8 are indeed large. i suppose you could use supply software on your tm to help keep them stocked though.

XanII
x4

Post by XanII » Wed, 31. Dec 08, 09:29

Dang. so much for that idea. M8 can dock with a TL or M1 then?

Chealec
x3tc

Post by Chealec » Wed, 31. Dec 08, 10:54

Nope "large" ships can't dock on any ship - M8s are in the same "size bracket" as M6s.
[ external image ]

... old skool

XanII
x4

Post by XanII » Wed, 31. Dec 08, 11:58

Hmm... So they require huge holds for proper missile armament + energy cells to make jumps making them all 'jumpfrive-mandatory' ships.

Probably means that you cant cover the whole universe with just 1 M8.

Crud. :(

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”