Need Help with XBTF Chin's Clouds BROKEN Mission

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

mahlerlover

Need Help with XBTF Chin's Clouds BROKEN Mission

Post by mahlerlover » Sat, 3. Jan 09, 06:40

Hello everybody. I just spent about 600 hours building up vast personal wealth in XBTF. I have now decided to finally start the main storyline missions.
The first mission requires you to go to Chin's Clouds and scan all the asteroids in search of Gunne's Logbook. Okay.
I remember the exact asteroid . . . I remember exactly where it is, because about 300 hours ago, I decided it would be a fine idea to build an Ore Mine on that asteroid. I had no idea what the "unknown" mineral was!! I thought it was something cool that I would be able to mine.
So now, there seems to be no way to get Gunne's Logbook and complete the mission.
Does anybody know if there is a way to dismantle the factory or somehow complete this first mission? Or have I essentially screwed myself out of being able to complete the game?
I hope there is a way, because there is no way I have the time or patience to start over again.
I have already attempted to destroy the mine, but that doesn't make the log book appear. I have also searched all the other asteroids in the sector to see if the AI maybe reassigned the location of the logbook. No such luck.
All I want to do is finish the storyline missions and move on to X2.
Any suggestions or solutions?
Thanks,
Erik M

~Lonowski~
x3

Post by ~Lonowski~ » Sat, 3. Jan 09, 06:51

if memory serves correct, you can blow up the mine, and it SHOULD respawn, at least I'm pretty sure this was the case for btf...
respawn can take over 24 (game) hours...

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sat, 3. Jan 09, 08:03

You may want to prepare yourself for disappointment. I am pretty certain that you have utterly broken the plot by building a mine on that asteroid, and the only way to fix it would be to revert to a save from before you built the mine.

mahlerlover

Post by mahlerlover » Sat, 3. Jan 09, 08:49

Well, I will attempt to destroy the mine and see if it respawns.
Reverting to a save is impossible since all ten slots have long since been overwritten by games from after I built the mine . . . . I built it over 300 game hours ago.
I cannot believe the devs didn't foresee this sort of thing and take safeguards to prevent it!
Oh well.

TwoHedWlf
x4

Post by TwoHedWlf » Sat, 3. Jan 09, 09:03

mahlerlover wrote:Well, I will attempt to destroy the mine and see if it respawns.
Reverting to a save is impossible since all ten slots have long since been overwritten by games from after I built the mine . . . . I built it over 300 game hours ago.
I cannot believe the devs didn't foresee this sort of thing and take safeguards to prevent it!
Oh well.
Build a foolproof system and someone will build a better fool. :D

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sat, 3. Jan 09, 13:12

mahlerlover wrote: I cannot believe the devs didn't foresee this sort of thing and take safeguards to prevent it!
Oh well.
They did, in later games--for instance, plot-related items in X2 and X3 generally spawn when the plot requires them, they're not there right from the beginning of the game.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”