[X3TC] Can't Complete Passenger Pickup / Taxi Missions

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

shadowlaw
x3tc

[X3TC] Can't Complete Passenger Pickup / Taxi Missions

Post by shadowlaw » Sun, 4. Jan 09, 04:33

Just having a small issue. I've taken 3 different taxi missions so far with my Toucan Hauler, and everytime I dock to pickup the passenger they say "sorry but we have lost contact with the destination station."

Whats the deal with that?

cswiger
x3tc

Post by cswiger » Sun, 4. Jan 09, 05:41

The station was destroyed after the mission was spawned. There may be pirates or an enemy Xenon or Kha'ak invasion, or the GoD engine may have decided to delete the station for whatever reason....
Do you remember Shalebridge Cradle?
Beware! The Cradle *doesn't* forget....

clevider
x4

Post by clevider » Sun, 4. Jan 09, 06:07

Look on the bright side, the passenger won't be missing that important meeting after all! :D
//-- ...Signature line decrypting: 1%... --\\

donotdespisethesnake
x3

Post by donotdespisethesnake » Sun, 4. Jan 09, 10:30

Yeah, I get that. I'm not sure it's because GOD deletes the target station, it happens too often for that. It may be because the mission offer times out after you have accepted it but before you pick the passenger.
"Yes, he is in his office, but he's on an intergalactic cruise."

shadowlaw
x3tc

Post by shadowlaw » Sun, 4. Jan 09, 11:53

pretty weird. well i thought it was happening too often (eg. every time i've tried so far!) for it to be a regular game feature so thought it might have been a bug instead! maybe something for the guys to balance out in the next patch.

Thanks guys

donotdespisethesnake
x3

Post by donotdespisethesnake » Sun, 4. Jan 09, 14:44

shadowlaw wrote:pretty weird. well i thought it was happening too often (eg. every time i've tried so far!) for it to be a regular game feature so thought it might have been a bug instead! maybe something for the guys to balance out in the next patch.
Does it work if you dock at the station before accepting the mission?

I have had a few funnies wih taxi missions, e.g I am told there is insufficient space, but then the passengers board and I can continue with the mission.

I find the taxi missions a bit of pain, especially when the passengers start whinging. I've dumped a few into space, let em walk. ;)
"Yes, he is in his office, but he's on an intergalactic cruise."

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”