[TC] How do missile/bombers work?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

BlueShade Zero
x3tc

How do missile/bombers work?

Post by BlueShade Zero » Sun, 4. Jan 09, 22:12

I'm considering getting somthing that can shoot boarding pods, but naturaly the only ships that CAN are missile frigates... How exactly do they work? do you have to manually restock them with missiles?

Any info would be nice, Thanks in advance...
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") Chaos, panic and disorder- my work here is done.
[ external image ]

maphys
x3tc

Post by maphys » Sun, 4. Jan 09, 22:47

There are some autosupply options (when you have supply software IIRC) but I have not worked out how to use them. As far as I can tell you have to resupply yourself (unless there are some clevers in the s/ware I mentioned). Does your ship have a hangar? Because I guess otherwise it is going to be hard to resupply without a TL or something to ferry stuff to you. You can leave a TL in a sector with missiles and set an M3 to buy them all up, then just drop by to rearm. I did try the autosupply once with my TL but got nowhere fast. Need to sit and try things out with it, I suspect.

AIUI boarding pods are like a missile. They hit, and if the shields are low enough the boarding action starts. I don't want to speculate what happens if the shielsd aer not low (splat)...

M

Spaceweed Adict
x3tc

Post by Spaceweed Adict » Sun, 4. Jan 09, 23:15

well maphys those resupply commands you see work in conjuction with the fleet supply commands you fit to your supply ships.
If say you have a Minstral SF fitted with the fleet supply command and you tell it to supply your M7M it uses those setting you have made in the ships command menu to know what to supply the ship with.
Remember to fit a Transporter device to any ship you fit fleet supply commands to.

edit
I forgot to mention you will find all these commands for supplying your fleet under the special command menu so long as you have fitted the supply command software.
For a brief instruction on how each of the commands work select the command and press I and you will get a basic run down of what the command dose.

Coruskane
x4

Post by Coruskane » Mon, 5. Jan 09, 16:13

M7Ms have a huge cargo hold and can easily carry hundreds and hundreds of both flails and hammers, with plenty of jump fuel left over. No probs with filling em up...

Loki_81
x4

Post by Loki_81 » Fri, 9. Jan 09, 17:22

I constructed an autonomous complex with 50xFlail and 15xHammer(?) and transport them manually with an OTS.
To buy those missiles is just not worth it:
1) They cost the world (~20k for a Flail, ~56k for a Hammer, afaik)
2) The producing factories only stock 16xFlail and 8xHammer so it takes quite a while to get all those missiles (I stock 800 Flails and 100 Hammers in my M7Ms (Aquilo))

idofgrahf
x3ap

Post by idofgrahf » Fri, 9. Jan 09, 18:21

IMO its best to use a M7M for firing boarding pods only, a barrage of hammer's can be shot down by flak or worst case, PSG. It depends on your target, but its hard to lower a shield of a m2 with 12gj of shields with just hammers, they need to hit at least two dozen times or so and a well placed PSG shot will destroy a dozen hammers. I assuming you want to capture ships so what I do is simply use a normal M7 or M2 to lower the shields of a targeted ship, save, use tranpsorter to go to my m7, fire a few hammers to distract their turrets and then fire off the pods, depending what guns they mount on turrets, it may or may not work, if not, reload, try a different approach angle.

As for restocking, you can have a frigter with fleet supply software auto restock your missile frigate
i7 5930k R9 295x2 64gb ram
God is Dead, God remains dead, we have killed him!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”