[TC] Earth Access

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

bobwoodx
x3ap

Earth Access

Post by bobwoodx » Fri, 9. Jan 09, 17:55

I have started trading with the terran to try and get earth access, my reputation with the terran increases but the earth access figure stays at 0%.

Anyone know how to get earth access?

Any help much appreciated.

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Fri, 9. Jan 09, 17:57

Earth Access 0% means you have access to Earth - or as much as they're going to ever give you (which means you can dock at the Torus, if you're careful).

EDIT: There are apparently a couple of ATF stations as well - if you can find missions from those you may be able to increase your ATF rank, but it won't give you access to any more stations (just some of the wares on ATF docks, like PSPs).

bobwoodx
x3ap

Post by bobwoodx » Fri, 9. Jan 09, 18:23

I was hoping that there was some way of getting beyond the Torus and flying around the sector and getting a good look at Earth - How disappointing!

What does Earth Access 0% actually mean and why quote it if it can't go any higher.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Fri, 9. Jan 09, 21:59

I was hoping the same.
In fact I found this thread searching for the answer to the same question.

... Maybe some future patch from Egosoft, or a mod at some point in time???

Any chance?

maphys
x3tc

Post by maphys » Fri, 9. Jan 09, 22:02

Where else would you like accesss too? By then you have Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Pluto, Kuiper, Oort access. And I am not convinced you'd survive "Solar Access 0%"
:D

Must admit I saw this is an access level, not really a rank like the other ones.

M

space pirate

Post by space pirate » Fri, 9. Jan 09, 22:19

i think he's after the fabled atf panty access.

bobwoodx
x3ap

Post by bobwoodx » Fri, 9. Jan 09, 22:51

in the other terran sectors you can fly around and see the planets in all their glory in earth you get to see earth through a huge space station and it sucks.
I was hoping to see the second best looking planet (after saturn) in all its glory.

maphys
x3tc

Post by maphys » Fri, 9. Jan 09, 23:00

Could you do this in the famous magic Dolphin*? That'd upset the Terrans!!

M
Spoiler
Show
The invincible one you can claim after starting the HUB mission

amtct
x3ap

Post by amtct » Fri, 9. Jan 09, 23:06

What magic dolphin?I read other threads and I don't understand where is that ship if exists?

jordan kirwan
x3tc

Post by jordan kirwan » Fri, 9. Jan 09, 23:16

amtct wrote:
What magic dolphin?I read other threads and I don't understand where is that ship if exists?
get your boron rep up to kings knight fly to any boron sector you get commed by a boron asking for help(look for the enhanced dolphin with a lightbulb next to the name) this will start the HUB mission
your told to go to xenon core 023 to find a couple of his (suicidal) friends the gate that links to the xenon core now links to an unknown sector examine the debris then report back to mahi ma he will ask you to take him to the sector he will eject from his ship you go and take a spacewalk and claim it
its invincble and unique it cant be RE or sold

Spoiler
Show
the tourus isnt a complete ring
BTW i have research access 0%(without cheating)
Last edited by jordan kirwan on Fri, 9. Jan 09, 23:31, edited 1 time in total.
[Insert sig here]

maphys
x3tc

Post by maphys » Fri, 9. Jan 09, 23:18

Small tip - get a cargo bay life support system BEFORE you do this (CLS from Grand Exchange) or there is a small chance you could break the mission and never get a PHQ...
:)

M

NeverSnake
x3tc

Post by NeverSnake » Sat, 10. Jan 09, 03:12

You're supposed to be able to increase ATF rank with the Aldrin start aren't you?
"There's an old story about the person who wished his computer were as easy to use as his telephone. That wish has come true, since I no longer know how to use my telephone" — Bjarne Stroustrup

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sat, 10. Jan 09, 21:04

I was hoping to trade at other stations in Earth orbit and build up my rep even further.
But if you can only ever trade with the tourus,then it is an anti-climax for me.

Thanks for the tips on the Hub.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”