[TC] Incendiary Bomb launchers

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Frostynso

Incendiary Bomb launchers

Post by Frostynso » Sat, 10. Jan 09, 03:51

I managed to capture a Carrack while plodding along bored, and I'm not sure if it's a good ship or not yet. But anyways, I see that it can used IBL's, and I was wondering how everyone comes accross these weapons? The only place I know of that sells them is hostile to me (In Lookmenstrats).

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Sat, 10. Jan 09, 04:37

IBLs are generally a pain to come by... I got my four at the forge in LooManckStrat's Legacy before the Boron decided to wipe out the whole thing, but that's another story.

I know that the Yaki got a forge in Weaver's Tempest tho. But, no good if you can't land there either...

I did see someone mention that the M2 guarding Duke's Haven in the unknown sector south of Heaven's Assertion will drop some IBLs if you kill it, but I don't know how reliable that is.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

Allan F
x3ap

Post by Allan F » Sat, 10. Jan 09, 06:50

Zaitsev wrote:
I did see someone mention that the M2 guarding Duke's Haven in the unknown sector south of Heaven's Assertion will drop some IBLs if you kill it, but I don't know how reliable that is.
Quite reliable - I got 20 kills and 20 guns.
Maverick: Requesting permission for flyby.
Air Boss Johnson: That's a negative ghostrider, the pattern is full.
Goose: No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.
Maverick: Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz a Split.
Split: Split now give you .... Aaaarrriiiigh.

1muvwndr
xr

Post by 1muvwndr » Sat, 10. Jan 09, 06:51

Every pirate/yaki M2/M1/M7 carries some IBLs. Keep killing/capturing them and hope for some drops. Getting them blown up by some 3rd party ships (like a local police/military task force) seems to have better chances of IBLs and other weapons being dropped. Save/load.
Also, almost every Commonwealth M2/M1/M7 seems to carry IBLs. Take a chance capping a Boreas, it has the most IBLs I've seen so far on a ship.
Or if you didn't ruin your Yaki rep, you can supply the 2 factories in Weaver's Tempest and get IBLs there.

Geggo
x3tc

Post by Geggo » Sat, 10. Jan 09, 09:29

Or you could just go fetch some of those "Derelict" ships, I know atleast 2 of them have more than one IBL on board.

I tried them at one point and they seemed to suck big time, couldn't hit anywhere near fast ships so the area effect was of no use and the direct hit is not that efficient either.

hmm, I might be mixing IBL with FBL but can't really remember if I am....too many new weapons to remember.

1muvwndr
xr

Post by 1muvwndr » Sat, 10. Jan 09, 11:39

FBL = the weapon that does much noise but (almost) no damage, can be mounted on M3s
IBL = the weapon that can kill M6s in a single volley. Carried by most M7, M2 and M1 in the game. A fully charged volley from 8 guns takes about 1,3GJ of shielding. The gun you want on your Tiger/Panther.

idofgrahf
x3ap

Post by idofgrahf » Sat, 10. Jan 09, 12:04

easiest way to get IBL is to either blow up pirate capital ships IE frigates and up or capture them. I've got about 20 of them from either blowing up pirates or from their captured TL's (which also carries them).

Side note, IBL is not meant for figter defense, try PSG or flak guns for that, IBL is meant for use against capital ships, not nearly as powerful as PPC but its the best thing most m7's can mount.
i7 5930k R9 295x2 64gb ram
God is Dead, God remains dead, we have killed him!

space pirate

Post by space pirate » Sat, 10. Jan 09, 12:41

actually, ibl has 5/6 of a ppc's range, shield and hull damage, according to x3tc.ru.

maphys
x3tc

Post by maphys » Sat, 10. Jan 09, 12:44

When you do some of the plot missions you gain some Pirate rep. Just don't go wild and clear out Loomankstrat's until you have bought the IBLs you need and you are laughing.
Spoiler
Show
Missions are the later Goner ones with "Pirate Syndicate" ships all over the place
Or do some missions for the station, or hack it? the Yaki are more difficult - they really don't seem to like me and I have no idea why!!

M

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Sat, 10. Jan 09, 16:45

I saw on another topic post some time ago that if you destroy Duke's HQ and all ships in that sector the Yaki (including the IBL fac's in Weaver's Tempest) and Duke's will become friendly with you (enabling you to do missions for their HQ when it respawns). I've haven't tested it (yet) so I don't know if this works or not.

Conan1
x3tc

Post by Conan1 » Sat, 10. Jan 09, 17:03

Deadbeat_Spinn wrote:I saw on another topic post some time ago that if you destroy Duke's HQ and all ships in that sector the Yaki (including the IBL fac's in Weaver's Tempest) and Duke's will become friendly with you (enabling you to do missions for their HQ when it respawns). I've haven't tested it (yet) so I don't know if this works or not.
It wont work. Your relationship with Dukes and the pirates will go down.
Intel i7 quad core, 3200 MHz. Gainward Geforce 770 (4 GB). 8 GB ram.

idofgrahf
x3ap

Post by idofgrahf » Sat, 10. Jan 09, 17:29

space pirate wrote:actually, ibl has 5/6 of a ppc's range, shield and hull damage, according to x3tc.ru.
check the ingame encyopedia, the IBL does half the damage compared to PPC, x3tc.
i7 5930k R9 295x2 64gb ram
God is Dead, God remains dead, we have killed him!

1muvwndr
xr

Post by 1muvwndr » Sat, 10. Jan 09, 21:14

idofgrahf wrote:
space pirate wrote:actually, ibl has 5/6 of a ppc's range, shield and hull damage, according to x3tc.ru.
check the ingame encyopedia, the IBL does half the damage compared to PPC, x3tc.
Still, the IBL is the most powerful weapon most M7s can mount.

space pirate

Post by space pirate » Sat, 10. Jan 09, 21:38

does the encyclopedia take firing rate into account? i don't have access to my computer atm (reduced to using a mac - argh!) so can't check.

Kor'ah
x4

Post by Kor'ah » Sat, 10. Jan 09, 21:40

It's damage per second given in the encyclopedia, not damage per shot.
[X3] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots
[X3T] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots in Terran Conflict

The mercenary code
There is no right or wrong.
There is no good or evil.
There is only the will of the client, and how much they're paying.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”