[TC] Missile Defence Mosquito

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

NewtSoup
x4

Missile Defence Mosquito

Post by NewtSoup » Sun, 11. Jan 09, 19:55

In one of the X3:R patches a command called Missile Defence Mosquito was introduced. I found this really useful but I can't seem to find what software enables it in X3:TC.

Looking for Enlightenment.

(hopefully the answer won't be "There is no Mosquito Missile Defence")

Thelic
x4

Post by Thelic » Sun, 11. Jan 09, 20:01

There is no unmodified Mosquito Missile Defense. IIRC someone updated the script for TC, but you'll have to take the STD-esque **modified** tag.

NewtSoup
x4

Post by NewtSoup » Sun, 11. Jan 09, 20:07

That's a shame. Well thanks for the reply. My UT's can rely on PAC's and the turret command "Missiles Only" for defence but I was hoping that my ships without a rear turret could benefit from some defence, or even my turreted ships not having to sacrifice a turret.

I've forgotten so much since I played X3:R :(

I remember one of the turret orders did missile defence and part time work as protect ship.

Can someone remind me which one and tell me if it still works in X3:TC?

maphys
x3tc

Post by maphys » Sun, 11. Jan 09, 20:24

If you have fight mk2 software you get two options - missile defence and missiles only. The first will take pops at ships as well, the latter won't. I've found they are a bit limited in 1.3 but apparently much improved in 1.4. Basically they sometimes get hung up firing at a target they cannot hit and don't reset and fire at the next target.

M

NewtSoup
x4

Post by NewtSoup » Sun, 11. Jan 09, 20:37

Ahh great :) That's just what I was trying to find out. I even read the manual :o to no avail. Missile Defence it is then rather than missiles Only.

Will be handy on my new TM that I just bought (Magnatar)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”