[IDEA]Increse the productivity of factories

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Idea
x4

[IDEA]Increse the productivity of factories

Post by Idea » Mon, 12. Jan 09, 03:48

The idea look like this:

The ability to increase productivity in the factories through investments in the development of new technologies.
Should be 3 types of technology and 5 level for each type of technology.
The following technologies are:
1 increasing volume of production
2 reduction of the necessary resources
3 decrease the time required for one production cycle

For each level of the productivity increase 10%.
It should be allowed to the player to invest in all three technologies together.
To attain level 1 player must invest 100000 credits.
To achieve the level 2 player must invest 500000 credits.
3 level 1000000 credits
4 level 5000000 credits
5 level 10000000 cedits
When player invest money in the development of new technologies in solar factory (and any other factory) come for instance to the following levels:
1 type-3 level
2 Type-2 level
3 Type-4 level
every time when player create a factory that is the same type in the case referred solar factory must be the same level of productivity because the player have reach new technologies.
The time which past from the moment when the player the invest the money to the moment when he discover technology should be the following:
1 level-10 minutes
2-level 20 minutes
3-level 30 minutes
4-level 40 minutes
5 level-1 hour
For this not to be cheating, productivity should grow in other factories in univerzumu randomly.

I would like to have someone says that it can make this to me or someone says that this is not possible.Any idea is welcome.
Thanks

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Mon, 12. Jan 09, 06:38

Its possible.

But a really huge job. Everything you mention is hardcoded in the factories file, not dynamically changeable.

Each level of each station would need to be setup individually in the factories file.

Then to change them from 1 level to the next, each station would need to be destroyed and replaced by script. This would start their processing again from scratch, and possibly lose any production still on the station at the time it was destroyed. It also probably isnt possible for a station already complexed.

Ashley has already done an XL factory mod (not sure if its ported to TC yet or not). That in itself was a huge undertaking and I think this is bigger.

Idea
x4

Post by Idea » Mon, 12. Jan 09, 11:57

You are correct. :(
That would be huge work.
I thought that is not so hard.I look Graxster script for player HQ.He reduced the time required for production of ships.I didnt know that factory had to be destroyed to change the factories parameters.I thought it can be change in-game without losing the curent production.
This script if not done properly could destroy entire economy of X-universe.

Thanks for pointing on that apricotslice. :lol:

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Mon, 12. Jan 09, 12:15

The resources used per product can not be changed.
Best you could do is constantly running a script for every such factory that magically creates resources.
Not really a good idea when you have hundreds of factories.

Increasing output volume or decresing cycle time is pretty pointless since you can simply add another factory.

The Complex Cleaner already dynamically creates factories of every possible type as needed - from size 1 to 200.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Idea
x4

Post by Idea » Mon, 12. Jan 09, 12:55

Adding another factory is simply but that is simply incresing the size of factory and bulding complex.Biger do not meen better.
In modern world everyone are fighting to increase there productivity.We have many exsamples were smaller factory produce more and faster than the biger factory only because the smaler factory take new technologie.
It is economically better to increase productivity firs and after that the size of factory if demand is big for that product.

I agree with you about resources used per product.As apricotslice write it would be huge work :(
And one more thing.Your MARS script is incredible.It was
definitely hard to make it.BIG THANKS GAZZ :D :D

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”