[TC] Spacefly Hunting

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

1muvwndr
xr

Spacefly Hunting

Post by 1muvwndr » Wed, 14. Jan 09, 14:41

I was mining Nividium in a random sector generated while using unfocused jumpdrive in my Springblossom. Suddenly I noticed a Spacefly in front of my cockpit. And some moments later I was engulfed with them. Wow, and I've got the Spacefly Collector installed too! Yummie, I've always wanted to be a bug hunter!
Not! I just couldn't figure out how to catch them. No ship command, no hotkey, nothing. I couldn't even target a spacefly even when there were some hundreds (a guess, didn't count them) around me.
Is it even possible to catch spaceflies or those I found were just a useless decoration for an empty sector?

Kapakio
x4

Post by Kapakio » Wed, 14. Jan 09, 14:47

IIRC from Reunion, you first have to stun them with the Ion Disruptor or something similar. Then you just fly over them and they enter the ship.

1muvwndr
xr

Post by 1muvwndr » Wed, 14. Jan 09, 16:02

Oh, I see. I'll try some unfocused jumping with the HCP and hope for the spacefly swarm again.

Spaceweed Adict
x3tc

Post by Spaceweed Adict » Wed, 14. Jan 09, 16:40

Yep those cool little space flys well you don't just need to use the unfocused jump drive to catch them you will find them in lots of sectors especially if you mining, they always tend to show up once you start braking astriods.
You probably made them homeless by blowing up there astriod. :lol:

kreep69
x3tc

Post by kreep69 » Thu, 15. Jan 09, 17:53

Spaceweed Adict wrote:Yep those cool little space flys well you don't just need to use the unfocused jump drive to catch them you will find them in lots of sectors especially if you mining, they always tend to show up once you start braking astriods.
You probably made them homeless by blowing up there astriod. :lol:
Now imagine a bunch of homeless angry spaceflies attacking your ship. They would be like fighter drones except be armed with Ion streams that strip shields then do hull and equipment damage.

Al
x3tc

Post by Al » Thu, 15. Jan 09, 18:46

In X3:R they normally appeared if you just stopped out in space and waited a short while. Was good fun picking them up and profitable in a small scale way :)
X2 Capture Guru - X3:TC Noob :D
X2 Capture Guide

Etolf
x3tc

Post by Etolf » Thu, 15. Jan 09, 22:54

just don't run into them without shields, several can do a lot of hull damage!

drseuss620
x2

Post by drseuss620 » Fri, 16. Jan 09, 08:57

In my game... I somehow acquired a single spacefly as well as spacefly eggs. No clue how I got them unless someone had them on their ship when they blew up and my drones picked them up.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”