X3:TC - Osaka and PSP

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

betc
x3ap

X3:TC - Osaka and PSP

Post by betc » Fri, 16. Jan 09, 03:37

i tired out an osaka m2 with Point singularity projectors and my normal boreas m2 with IBL's and FAA.

i jumped them into a xenon sector, picked a fight and 3 cap ships headed my way.

i was piloting my spitfyre at the time...

basically the boreas killed everything with the limited IBL's it had
the osaka just sat there. what shots it did fire were few and far between. am i doing something wrong? both were about the same distance and the boreas was doing a lot of damage before the xenon cap ships got in range.

the osaka was firing spherical shots at a very slow rate...

kreep69
x3tc

Post by kreep69 » Fri, 16. Jan 09, 04:06

have you got the osaka loaded up with psp's or is it partially kitted out? the psp's do fire relatively slow but they fire first and tend to tear up enemy capitals quite fast.

i can't think why else that would have happened unless something is wrong with the turret settings or the ship angle was just wrong or something.

try jumping in and firing the psp's yourself .. if you charge them up first a few salvos will rend the enemy m2's to shreds.

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Fri, 16. Jan 09, 04:19

Naah, nothing wrong there.

The Point Singularity Projector is painfully slow, only capable of firing 6 rounds pr minute, so chances are it's just doing its thing. The best thing to do seem to be taking control of the turret and use the charge effect to wreak havoc on any ship within range.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

Mightysword
x3tc

Post by Mightysword » Fri, 16. Jan 09, 04:47

If you looking for "Energy Stream" firing like laser that you won't notice it.

Since the PSP is a torpedo launcher :wink:

betc
x3ap

Post by betc » Fri, 16. Jan 09, 05:47

that clears it up, i did read the one shoot per minute tag.

thanks guys, i will keep trying with it as they cost a lot of cash...

Gazz
x4

Re: X3:TC - Osaka and PSP

Post by Gazz » Fri, 16. Jan 09, 10:14

betc wrote:i tired out an osaka m2 with Point singularity projectors and my normal boreas m2 with IBL's and FAA.
You should really give the Boreas PPC instead of IBL.
IBL are "PPC light" and a little worse in every way except for range... where they are a lot worse.

With PSP you should indeed fire the turret manually and overcharge the shots every time.
If you don't then they do half the damage of uncharged PPC/IBL in the same time.
If you just leave them to your turret scripts then they do half the damage of PPC while having less range and less accuracy.

That doesn't make an Osaka a bad ship, though. It has very good ship stats and is just about the best ship versus fighters.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Mightysword
x3tc

Post by Mightysword » Fri, 16. Jan 09, 10:29

Actually the PSP so far is handled pretty well by the AI. I only fired it once on my tokyo and let the AI use it ever since.

Sure, the charge is random so your output can fluctuate a bit (had seen M6 got slaughter in almost 1 shots, also sometime it takes 3-4 hits). But the good things is that the rate of fire ensure you run low on Energy due to the AI happy trigger, and their aim with the PSP is actually quite good.

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Fri, 16. Jan 09, 13:06

PSP are actually less energy efficient than PPC but it never matters because the laser generators on terran ships (even the M1) are massive.
The generators are twice as strong as on any PPC-using ship. (except the Boreas)

That's why PSP seem to use less energy.

The Xenon K is the only ship where you can really compare PPC and PSP because it can use both.

On the whole the M1/M2 in the game are balanced pretty well. (with the exception of Python and Boreas)
The only ongoing argument is about which stat is the most important and why ship xyz is the best because it has the highest ranking in that particular stat.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”