[Script][21.01.09] Taxi Logistics v1.1

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Locksley
x3tc

Post by Locksley » Mon, 23. Mar 09, 19:50

SymTec ltd. wrote:
Locksley wrote:2. Or make an option to sell Taxi licenses - for a severe price reduction, or just as when one buys them, a bit random.
It is already possible to sell licenses! Just next to the option to buy them.
I totally missed that :sceptic: Yeah that makes all my suggestions moot. Thank you Symtec!

SymTec ltd.
x3tc

Post by SymTec ltd. » Mon, 23. Mar 09, 21:29

Version 1.1 released
Version 1.1 raises the profits of transportation by a fair amount, as people were not making any money with the 1.0 settings.

Locksley
x3tc

Post by Locksley » Tue, 24. Mar 09, 09:24

SymTec ltd. wrote:Version 1.1 released
Version 1.1 raises the profits of transportation by a fair amount, as people were not making any money with the 1.0 settings.
I just installed it over the last one. The setup script checks for updates or at least restart the script every time one starts the game right? I have reissued the "start taxiservice" to the ships.

And, yes I found out how to give back the licenses; but it isn't clear how you do it. Now I know that you click your license in the manage license window and you get an option to give it back, but there is no info that you could do so. Maybe add a line in the menu to make it clearer for new users =)

Thanks for a fun script - again :D

ladyboy

Post by ladyboy » Thu, 26. Mar 09, 03:03

I havn't tried this yet, but it sounds interesting. I have some questions and some ideas.

Can you only take one passenger at a time?

If i had a big passenger ship could i take lots of people, Like a passenger jet.. in space... transporting a few hundred people?

maybe you'd need to stock up on food/supplys for long journeys?

Geneoce
x3tc

Post by Geneoce » Wed, 6. May 09, 14:09

Taxi software is acting strangely

Started a new game, bought a sector licence, but cant set waypoints?

Am using cheatscripts and cmod3

Any reason this is happening?

Malkuth74
x3tc

Post by Malkuth74 » Mon, 7. Dec 09, 15:19

This is interesting and all, but really it is not worth the money you put into it.

Seems m5s are some of the best things for this software and at about 55,000 K per m5 the it would take like 3 days time to pay that one m5 off, not including the lincense fees.

For instance I have 7 M5s running right now in Argon Prime, 8 hours into the game so far the most 1 m5 has made is 321 Credits. Thats running normal freight.

Nice idea but it needs work.

Malkuth74
x3tc

Post by Malkuth74 » Mon, 7. Dec 09, 15:35

I take it the profit is actually the profit that the taxi made last minute not total?

Seems that way now that I study it some more. Guess that is not as bad, sure not going to make anyone rich though.

Whats the best thing to do to make good profit bunch of M5s and few Transports for the bigger things/.

tasev1

Post by tasev1 » Sat, 16. Jan 10, 07:23

The operating license is a good idea, but it's format is the problem because of the way the universe handles these types of missions. They come and go, some are time limited and require jumpdrives, others are services that go beyond your license area, etc... So rather than make license 3500 per hour, make it per day, or even better, a flat annual fee per sector. (say 10,000 to 50,000cr. per sector). That way you know you will eventually make money, but it will take a bit of time to break even.
Sacha

TreverSlyFox
x3tc

Post by TreverSlyFox » Mon, 25. Jan 10, 01:45

Was really interested in this. BUT after reading about the Licensing setup, which is nuts, I'll pass until a more realistic License structure is in place. I'm not sure where you came up with the idea of an hourly license because I can't think of any Government license that's issued by the hour.

The basic idea is great but it sure needs to be thought out a little more. There isn't much point in bothering with a Business mod that doesn't make a healthy profit.
Be professional, be courteous, be polite. But have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Peace is not the absence of conflict. But rather the ability to cope with it.

tasev1

Post by tasev1 » Tue, 16. Feb 10, 01:38

Oooh, this is a nice idea, but I don't think it will work the way I want it to. I would expect a script like this to be doing the taxi services of existing missions within the game, where, with a high race rep, I can be making a couple million with each run.

I would want a script like this to remove extra workload from me so I can concentrate on other things. (much like trade scripts do, to allow me to fight instead, I would like to profit from transport missions whether it be passengers or cargo).

I don't dispute the license, just the format and the fact that money can be lost IF YOU DON"T PROPERLY MANAGE. The point of having scripts such as these is such that you DON'T HAVE TO manage anything.
Sacha

Sorkvild
x3tc

Post by Sorkvild » Mon, 22. Feb 10, 19:10

This thing seems not working correctly. I obtained license for two neighboring sectors. Linked two trading stations in recommended order (tr.station in company pride - tr. station in thuruks beard) and my shuttle RUNS EMPTY. I'm I doing something wrong with this script ?
Elite Dangerous| I survived the Dragon Incident ... then I took an arrow to the knee
We want the Boron back!

zhanxj

Post by zhanxj » Sun, 28. Feb 10, 16:48

Please go on enhancing the script. This script is very potential. We can make a taxi empire in x3. How excited!!!

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sat, 25. Dec 10, 13:07

As this thread was linked in the main forum,I have only just come to know of it's existence.
Been a while since I checked this forum.

Has any more more work been done to this script since early 2010?
Last edited by TTD on Thu, 28. Apr 11, 07:14, edited 1 time in total.

Sorkvild
x3tc

Post by Sorkvild » Mon, 27. Dec 10, 16:46

No changes past 1.1. Pity.
Elite Dangerous| I survived the Dragon Incident ... then I took an arrow to the knee
We want the Boron back!

NiteHawk

Post by NiteHawk » Sat, 29. Jan 11, 12:15

I don't take credit for this, it was just a simple modification to change the hourly fee to a daily fee, which should help out a bit since people been complaining about it. It 'should' work, and just a couple numbers/text were modified slightly.

http://www.filefront.com/17865226/taxidaily.zip

All rights belong to SymTec ltd. I hope this is okay, if not, feel free to delete this post or let me know.

Thanks!

Hopeless
x3

Post by Hopeless » Thu, 14. Jul 11, 04:04

okay, Maybe I'm not getting something about this mod: Are the ships supposed to be ferrying wares from the stations in their route? Or are they just stacking up money with each station they dock in? And where can I see how much money they make?

Erioll
x3

Post by Erioll » Sat, 3. Mar 12, 03:46

Sorkvild wrote:This thing seems not working correctly. I obtained license for two neighboring sectors. Linked two trading stations in recommended order (tr.station in company pride - tr. station in thuruks beard) and my shuttle RUNS EMPTY. I'm I doing something wrong with this script ?
Hello, I'm an Spanish player, so excuse ifhave make languages mistakes :oops:

I have the same problem. In spite of the fact that I have checked the stations to ensure passangers, and I see that there is a passanger waiting... My M5 runs empty. My ship has the "vital soporte system" (I'm not very how it's called in English), and goes to the Factory and come back to the station but it doesn't pick the passanger up.

Do I have to do something more?? I have 4 ships in two sectors and all of them have 0cr profit... :(

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks very much.

Erioll
x3

Post by Erioll » Mon, 5. Mar 12, 18:43

Definitely this scrip doesn't work rigth... :(
I have had four rapiers running a lot of hours between two stations (different in each case) and two of them continue with 0 cr and the other two have done only one service... Isn't there any solution?

qeqlic

Post by qeqlic » Fri, 31. Oct 14, 20:48

God...i know this is old and all that necro or whatnot...but im loving this mod, it goes great with my trading company, adds spice real nice.Dont know about people not getting profitss, it works for me, i only do with TP.(the one with lifesupports). All swell but the hourly costs for sector kills my profit totally.I know someone posted edited version where he set it to be a daily cost, but the link doesnt work. If someone can help me out here i wish em great profitss and gratiude. If not, sorry for bringing up the dead? :P

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Fri, 31. Oct 14, 21:20

lol...
It's Halloween...so I guess bringing up the dead is ok today.

Sorry,though,I can't help

was curious.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”