[TC] The Hub Mission, is it worth it?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Hoofedboy
x2

The Hub Mission, is it worth it?

Post by Hoofedboy » Sun, 18. Jan 09, 11:11

Hello peeps

Is the Hub mission in X3:TC (Lost in Hell) is it worth the time and effort? What do you get out of it in the end?

maphys
x3tc

Post by maphys » Sun, 18. Jan 09, 11:16

The ability to hook up sectors (the HUB can magically sit between gates - up to three sets, so you could link Argon Prime to Getsu Fune and Mists of Elysium). Good for trade and short cuts. But the real bonus is that after you have finished the HUB you can start the mission that gives you a player HQ (like in X3:R) so you can reverse engineer ships, respray them and scrap them.

M

Mr. Bloody Sunday

Post by Mr. Bloody Sunday » Sun, 18. Jan 09, 12:49

With the Hub you have got your own sector. You can link the whole universum and you get except the headquarters an improved version of the Delphin :roll:

fullmetal66
x3tc

Post by fullmetal66 » Sun, 18. Jan 09, 13:08

Yes,
1. You get the Hub.
2. You would of setup a huge amount of complexes that will earn you billions.
3. You then get the PHQ
4. You can then use the hub to connect your PHQ to most sectors.

So Yes its worth it.

sw-880

Post by sw-880 » Sun, 18. Jan 09, 13:28

I worked out the credit value of getting the hub in my game (1.3), it came to about 2.2 billion credits in factories plus the average credit value of the resources. Money well spent :)

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sun, 18. Jan 09, 14:03

sw-880 wrote:I worked out the credit value of getting the hub in my game (1.3), it came to about 2.2 billion credits in factories plus the average credit value of the resources. Money well spent :)
Only if you can not wait for a smaller complex to provide the materials :D ...
Spoiler
Show
the nVidium is the only material I am dreading to get for it... mining 500(?) nVidium is likely to be a dangerous and tedious undertaking
But yeah it will be worth it in the end :)
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

sazanami
x3tc

Post by sazanami » Sun, 18. Jan 09, 15:17

I just got the HUB mission started, haven't done the first part yet.

How did you guys who completed it get the
Spoiler
Show
500 nvidium
?

NeverSnake
x3tc

Post by NeverSnake » Sun, 18. Jan 09, 15:43

Roger L.S. Griffiths wrote:
Spoiler
Show
the nVidium is the only material I am dreading to get for it... mining 500(?) nVidium is likely to be a dangerous and tedious undertaking
Actually that may be the quickest and easiest part, only the initial computer components may be easier (depending on availibility).
Spoiler
Show
The unfocussed jumpdrive will often put you in an enemy-free sector with nvidium roids and there are several ones in normal sectors. 500 nividium is just a tiny fraction of the amount you get from a full roid and can easily be gathered up from smaller fragments.
The cost of the hub is trivial, it's the time investment that's the biggy.
Last edited by NeverSnake on Sun, 18. Jan 09, 15:52, edited 1 time in total.
"There's an old story about the person who wished his computer were as easy to use as his telephone. That wish has come true, since I no longer know how to use my telephone" — Bjarne Stroustrup

Ozman202
x3tc

Post by Ozman202 » Sun, 18. Jan 09, 15:45

3 locations i know, 1 hidden bit in kingdoms end, 1 roid in the unknown sector above the final Fury mission sector, and i think there are a few roids in scale plate green
Too many M3's Die by crashing into their own missiles

Frostynso

Post by Frostynso » Sun, 18. Jan 09, 16:45

If I link up the north gate of omicron lyrae to the hub, I can go from the hug, directly to omicron lyrae? Now if so, do I lose access to circle of labor without a jumpdrive since the gate leading there now goes to the hub?

ephemeron
x4

Post by ephemeron » Sun, 18. Jan 09, 17:05

Frostynso wrote:If I link up the north gate of omicron lyrae to the hub, I can go from the hug, directly to omicron lyrae? Now if so, do I lose access to circle of labor without a jumpdrive since the gate leading there now goes to the hub?
The hub wedges itself in between existing gates, so in your example, one of the Hub's six gates would connect to the N gate of Omicron Lyrae and another to the S gate of Circle of Labor.

Frostynso

Post by Frostynso » Sun, 18. Jan 09, 17:08

Whoa, that's cool!

jordan kirwan
x3tc

Post by jordan kirwan » Sun, 18. Jan 09, 21:32

sazanami wrote:I just got the HUB mission started, haven't done the first part yet.

How did you guys who completed it get the
Spoiler
Show
500 nvidium
?
its easy to get it after you complete the goner plot and have the unfocused JD
land somewhere quite and more often than not there will be several highyield nividium roids
[Insert sig here]

UKDUTYPAID
x3tc

Post by UKDUTYPAID » Sun, 18. Jan 09, 21:43

i can't believe you even put the (however you use spoiler tag and what's in it, although i kind of spoilt that one on my thread) in the same league as the others, these three in the unknown secter south on menalaus oasis, one miner collecting rocks after you blow them and it's done in an hour or two. I'm not waiting 30 game days for the crystals. i'm at 11 now and am already p****d of.

Flector
x4

Post by Flector » Mon, 19. Jan 09, 14:26

UKDUTYPAID wrote:I'm not waiting 30 game days for the crystals. i'm at 11 now and am already p****d of.
There's basically two things you can do then:
1. Increase your crystal production
2. SETA
X2: Advanced Magnate, Ace of Aces 1st grade ~ X3R: Master Economist, Crusader
X3TC: Magnate, X-TREME ~ X4F: Salesman, Harmless

Khromm
x4

Post by Khromm » Mon, 19. Jan 09, 17:56

Flector wrote:
UKDUTYPAID wrote:I'm not waiting 30 game days for the crystals. i'm at 11 now and am already p****d of.
There's basically two things you can do then:
1. Increase your crystal production
2. SETA
There's always the third...

Install Cycrow's scripts and cheat the goods into the hub.

Still takes a good hour or two to complete the Hub sequence, but it's by far the fastest if you don't mind a modified tag. Even certain mods up here can be quoted as saying they'd use the scripts (admittedly that's pre 1.2 so before the mission got modified somewhat - it used to be FAR worse).

However, for no modified tag, it's gonna take you time to complete this mission. Time well spent if you can get everything set up properly. Especially since this tactic allows you to essentially isolate an entire sector and still have a gate pair free to float around... (you wanna know how? Find a nice big sector with two gates, assign one pair of yours to one gate and the other pair to teh other gate... all traffic that used to go through that sector now goes via the shortest route which is via the Hub sector, unless there's a station in the big sector they need to go to).

Me? I used the script method and don't mind admitting it. Didn't fancy a month plus (read several months at the time - I think it got calculated at around 7-9 months... not sure) grind to get the goods. Missed out on the complexes though - gotta set them up anyways for profittsssssss...
"Your cargo bay now contains...""Asteroid" (heard after picking up a mosquito in space)

amtct
x3ap

Post by amtct » Mon, 19. Jan 09, 18:12

I put this question here because is a Hub thread.

What capacity have the Hub?

ivak
x3tc

Post by ivak » Mon, 19. Jan 09, 18:26

amtct wrote:I put this question here because is a Hub thread.

What capacity have the Hub?
30000 e-cells AND
4000 teladianium AND
5000 ore AND
1250 silicon wafers AND
38 nividium AND
2000 crystals AND
250 microchips AND
2500 computer components AND
a lot of other things.
Your ship Your Python was destroyed in sector Split Fire by Spacefly.

amtct
x3ap

Post by amtct » Mon, 19. Jan 09, 18:56

The PHQ have 500000cargo space but the Hub I think it have more because I can't filled up.I put in it almost all weapons,shields,tech,etc. and I still put more.

I think its a black hole :D

Khromm
x4

Post by Khromm » Tue, 20. Jan 09, 12:44

As per the post two up from this one, the hub *does* have limits on how many of each commodity can be stored. However, it can store every type of commodity in the game.

The PHQ can also store every type of comoddity, but has a max storage of roughly 500,000 units. Meaning that although it can store more of one particular commodity than the hub, the more of one comoddity you store there, the less of others you can store...

Personally I use the PHQ to store weapons and shields for M3s or smaller, and the hub for M6 or bigger equipment...
"Your cargo bay now contains...""Asteroid" (heard after picking up a mosquito in space)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”