Concussion Impulse Generator

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

malinson
x3tc

Concussion Impulse Generator

Post by malinson » Mon, 19. Jan 09, 05:24

In the Reunion game (TC sucks), there were some hidden stuff that still elude me. According to the X3 handbook guide, there exist 10 sectors in which one could find the great shock cannons (AKA Concussion Impulse Generator) There are two sectors listed in that book that don’t pan out:
Spoiler
Show
Family Rhy (35,12,4)
Unknown Sector (by Patriarch’s Retreat) (-39.4,8.9,1)
I absolutely cannot find anything anywhere near those locations. Advanced Satellites do nothing to help find them as was indicated. Has anyone been able to find these cannons in these sectors? If so, I would greatly appreciate if you could post those locations.

-Malinson

{Spoiler tags added - Carlo}

em3e3
x3tc

Post by em3e3 » Mon, 19. Jan 09, 05:45

You have to be practically on top of the canisters for them to show, like within 200 meters or so. It's possible that you can see them before they show up on the gravidar.
8^)

Online Complex Calculators - X3:TC • X3:R • X2
Online Ship Compurator - X3:TC

ephemeron
x4

Post by ephemeron » Mon, 19. Jan 09, 16:54

In my X3R game, I found that most of the listed locations had 2 CIG's each, a couple had 4, and a couple had nothing.

maphys
x3tc

Post by maphys » Mon, 19. Jan 09, 21:39

Sometimes they just are not there. I've played games where things I know I found last game were gone, ships and crates. I'd give up, save yourself some time if you cannot find them first go.

M

malinson
x3tc

Post by malinson » Sun, 25. Jan 09, 15:55

I have found the missing crate in the Unknown Sector by Patriarch’s Retreat. The guide book by apricot, though an invaluable tool, was in error of that crate’s location. It also has a mistake on the location of the crate in Priest Pity that I have also managed to find. That was a minor mistake of not putting the negative symbol next to the number. Although minor, it makes for a large search area! Here are the two corrections that I can contribute to that book

Priest Pity (-31.5, 5, 26.7) - 2 Concussion Impulse Generators
Unknown Sector (by Patriarch’s Retreat) (-39.2, .95, 1.16) - 2 Concussion Impulse Generators

The crate located in Family Rhy has still to be discovered. I know it’s there because I happened upon it by accident once, I just never recorded it for future reference, a mistake I regret and an accident I can’t seem to repeat. If anyone finds that crate please let me know!

This is for the reunion game by the way, TC is way too choppy for me to play, plus the interface sucks.

-Malinson

maphys
x3tc

Post by maphys » Sun, 25. Jan 09, 16:22

Sorry - didn't realise that or I'd have said try these co-ordinates:
Spoiler
Show
Family Rhy : 35.00/12.10/0.00
From the list at this site which I have mostly glommed from other guides and then flown around checking myself. Think there are 2 I have not bothered with in any game so far - lazy of me. I ought to go check!

M

malinson
x3tc

Post by malinson » Sun, 25. Jan 09, 16:33

oooohh....I better and run and check that out....Thanks!!

-Malinson

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”