[TC] Can't dupe EEMP cannons, or produce them.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

firstmate

Can't dupe EEMP cannons, or produce them.

Post by firstmate » Mon, 19. Jan 09, 20:22

so, aldrin, i want some EEmp cannons.

i have about 6 sector traders in there doing their thing, and 2 superfreighters importing goods to the weapon factories. the factories at this time are well stocked with stuff and are not producing anything and have not produced anything in however long i have been playing (1/2 done hub mission). i read somewhere that the EEMP cannon is bugged for these factories and they won't produce this product anyways.... so anyways.....

i'm trying the duplicate weapon exploit to get some more, as i want to outfit my spitfyre with more than 1. so, as i understand it the trick is to:
1. bring desired to dupe weapon to equipment dock
2. sell said weapon to dock
3. buy a number of ships from shipyard in same sector and equip them upon purchase with the desired weapon
4. ?????
5. profitsss!

allright, aldrin has "unknown base," which appears to function exactly like an equipment dock, no other base seems to remotely be an equipment dock.... so i figure this is the thing to do the thing...

except my game, aldrin has 3 of these bases and 2 shipyards. so i try 1 "UB" and sell my 1 EEMP cannon there, and immediately try to buy some more spitfyres from the nearest shipyard and equip them; except upon the equip phase of buying the EEMP cannons are sold out... fine, i try this trick with the other shipyard... same deal. i eventually try this with all 3 of the "unknown bases" and shipyard combination, and nothing is allowing me to complete step #3, equip my bought ships with EEMP cannons.

so, what am i doing wrong here?

kreep69
x3tc

Post by kreep69 » Mon, 19. Jan 09, 21:36

This thread should help .. specifically (from Orion1632) -
"After some testing, it looks like the equipment dock/unknown base in the lower left is the one tied to the shipyards for equips, so if you can obtain just one or two EEMPs, drop them off at that dock, then purchase a rack of #deca.fade S at one of the shipyards and buy them the EEMP. Lather, rinse, repeat as necessary."

maphys
x3tc

Post by maphys » Mon, 19. Jan 09, 21:41

AIUI they equip from the nearest EQ-like dock - which is why in some sectors you get a rubbish choice of equipment because a military base is closer. Can't remember which one it is - maybe Kingdom End?

So I'd bet that the lower left one works for the shipyard at the bottom and maybe the top left one for the other yard. But don't quote me - I have not duplicated anything this way so far. Although that is only because I cannot get any EEMPCs...

M

firstmate

Post by firstmate » Mon, 19. Jan 09, 23:04

kreep69 wrote:This thread should help .. specifically (from Orion1632) -
"After some testing, it looks like the equipment dock/unknown base in the lower left is the one tied to the shipyards for equips, so if you can obtain just one or two EEMPs, drop them off at that dock, then purchase a rack of #deca.fade S at one of the shipyards and buy them the EEMP. Lather, rinse, repeat as necessary."

thanx!

this worked :D

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”