[IDEA] X3TC: replace starfield in clouded sectors

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

xeel
x3

[IDEA] X3TC: replace starfield in clouded sectors

Post by xeel » Mon, 26. Jan 09, 05:40

the subject says it. i've seen something similar maid for x2 some time ago but it was badly configured. Is there any way to develop a mod that would replace starfield in some sectors with any other images (preferently lighter backgrounds)?

Or better, how could it be done and I do it myself uploading the stuff for the community if I get the desired results.

The starfields in cloudy sectors look pretty rediculous especially when visually you fly almost blind with objects appearing just before you hit em with your cockpit. I would intend to make it somewhat Freespace 2 nebula missions alike. Tecnically it would be all the same since you can see all the object marks on your hud, but visually would be much more eye pleasing.

serenitynow
x3

Post by serenitynow » Mon, 26. Jan 09, 20:22

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... rounds+txt

This mod will get rid of the cloudiness. I am using it now and it works perfectly.

xeel
x3

Post by xeel » Wed, 28. Jan 09, 06:56

Nice, tnx :wink:

Tho I like the idea of fog and short visual.

Does anyone know how to replace backgrounds for certain sectors?
I think I know where the original textures are. What I do not know is how to point to a new image files and only for the chosen sectors.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”