Repairing A Busted Yaki Reputation?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

MattBlaK
x3tc

Repairing A Busted Yaki Reputation?

Post by MattBlaK » Wed, 28. Jan 09, 22:00

Hiya,

So I have screwed up my Yaki reputation cos I didn't see the friend or Foe option...

I'd appreciate any suggestions on how to go about changing my ways :)

Cheers,

MB
Adama: What do you hear, Starbuck?
Starbuck: Nothing but the rain.
Adama: Grab your gun and bring in the cat.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/49221803@N04/4513794198/

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Wed, 28. Jan 09, 22:48

If you're playing X3TC the Yaki hate you anyway; the only way you can get in their good books is to wait for a pirate base to spawn in one of the Yaki's sectors (Ocracoke's Storm, Senator's Badlands, and Weaver's Tempest) and take build missions from that base that also require the station to be built in one of those sectors--that newly built station is a Yaki station but won't be hostile to you, so you should be able to get missions from it to improve your Yaki rep.

Bothersome
x3tc

Post by Bothersome » Wed, 28. Jan 09, 23:14

IIIITTSSss a little more complicated than that.

Have you ever noticed the station ID of those factories you placed for the AI? Those station IDs tell who own the station and which rep improvement you got when placing it.

So,... You need to somehow get a station request from a Yaki. Which is not likely.
"The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense." - Tom Clancy

The Happy Trucker
x3tc

Post by The Happy Trucker » Wed, 28. Jan 09, 23:59

Bothersome wrote:So,... You need to somehow get a station request from a Yaki. Which is not likely.
Do these requests ever happen outside Yaki space, I wonder? I have never looked at this. I have been patiently waiting for a pirate station to spawn in a Yaki sector since, oh, about the middle of December (earth time...), and it hasnt happened yet. I have also been encouraging pirate relocation by blowing the crap out of any of their stations that have appeared anywhere else.

I did get one in Savage Spur, teasingly close...

And of course that did give me the opportunity of hacking into the Yaki stations in their core sector.

So these stations are nice and blue now but I am still about as welcome there as a fart in a spacesuit :)
'The Universe Contains A 'Maybe'' Robert Anton Wilson

MattBlaK
x3tc

Post by MattBlaK » Thu, 29. Jan 09, 01:57

Hmm ok so basically it will rely on my ability to build friendly stations in their space.

On the hack note, I maybe could hack a station and trade with it.
If the hack routine could work then I could possibly send my traders to work in their sectors and bring my rank to neutral that way...

It could also end in disaster too cos of jump distances though...

MB

P.S. Thanks PJ, yeah I am playing the TC version. I've been playing X since 1999 but the goalposts keep changing :)

b1rd

Post by b1rd » Thu, 29. Jan 09, 02:32

iirc, missions from a pirate station in Savage Spur will give you yaki rep.

JoeVN09
x4

Post by JoeVN09 » Thu, 29. Jan 09, 02:32

I've seen occasional "Pirate" mission-givers in non-pirate sectors (i.e. the guys with purple skin, mohawks, missing eyes, etc), so should be able to increase rep with pirate factions that way. Only there's no way of telling if they're Yaki or not... as far as I know. :(
~ Experienced X3 veteran. Dangerously incompetent X4 novice. ~

MattBlaK
x3tc

Post by MattBlaK » Thu, 29. Jan 09, 02:40

hmm ok so thats just above the Yaki sectors, are they like a neutral Yaki space?

richardh
x3

Post by richardh » Thu, 29. Jan 09, 04:12

I got some "fight" missions in Paranid Prime that took me to the Yaki sectors for killage. Then, assuming you...

- dodge the angry Yaki
- control any frisky turrets so they don't make more angry Yaki
- Make the kill yourself

...you get a big rep increase.

Also...

Drop satellites in the Yaki sectors, and watch for the big Paranid patrol as it moves through periodically. Blowing away that full patrol gets you big kudos with the Yaki. Make sure you don't do it in the sector at the top, which is "Race: Unknown". That's nobody's sector. Just the "Race: Yaki" sectors.

Once you're able to comm Yaki ships and apologise for "accidental weapons fire", do so... lots. You should be able to turn most Yaki blue by doing this enough. However, Weaver's Tempest is like their core sector, and until your Yaki rep is positive, you've got a big target painted on your forehead as far as any WT Yaki ships go.

Finally, get station-hacking offers, and use them on things like the Yaki IBL forges.

Once your Yaki rep is positive, you'll get offered missions from the factories in WT. That will help you increase your rep more, to build in a safety buffer. Lots of build missions will be good at this stage!

Rich

G.Org
x4

Post by G.Org » Thu, 29. Jan 09, 12:28

hire a paranid tl. let it go to the yaki sector and then blow it up...
oh, and it seem the yaki like it a lot, when u kill duke's ships
"Fairy tales are more than true — not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten."
- G. K. Chesterton -

Bothersome
x3tc

Post by Bothersome » Thu, 29. Jan 09, 16:11

Nothing good ever comes from killing. (at least this applies in my current game :) )

Improving your pirate reputation also seems to help with the Yaki somewhat. It seems as though when the Yaki want a station placed (did one last night) it has an I for station Identifier, which is also what the Pirates use.

They may be related somehow.

In my game, I have all pirates blue except maybe the ones that get launched from Teladi shipyards. I'm not real sure where those are coming from. But even they have never shot at me or my ships. (I also keep all ship's turrets on "missiles only". Hoping to reduce any un-authorized altercations.) Anyway, when I decided it's time to check on the Yaki, they were already blue and I could already dock at any of their stations. This may be a clue as to how you can improve rep just working with pirates. It may have been that I had inadvertently done some jobs for Yaki thinking they were pirates (how can one tell?).

It may also be important that I started this game on the Goner start (can't remember name now). I have completed the Terrain plot mission and the Goner plot mission. I had to find some tricky ways to get around killing those pirates (those that are part of the missions) without me or my ships actually killing them. This may have been a big factor in my positive rep with the pirates and Yaki. No blood on my empire's hands.
"The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense." - Tom Clancy

pelador
x3tc

Post by pelador » Thu, 29. Jan 09, 16:17

Bothersome wrote:It may have been that I had inadvertently done some jobs for Yaki thinking they were pirates (how can one tell?).
Check the order forms, I'd expect the pirates to sign them "Mr Smith", "Mickey mouse" or something equally undeterminable. :wink:

Seriously it's usually a case of looking at the image of the person who offers the job, pirates have a distinctive image. Though I'm unsure how to discern between Yaki or other pirates.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”