[TC] I got me an EEMP!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

philip_hughes
x3tc

I got me an EEMP!

Post by philip_hughes » Sat, 31. Jan 09, 06:45

it was sitting in the Aldrin base. I bought it. Now I need 6 more as I don't have the rep for the other weapons.
Split now give me death? Nah. Just give me your ship.

samalapan
x3tc

Post by samalapan » Sat, 31. Jan 09, 09:53

wow, lucky you!
i'm still at day five in the universe and nada yet :P

and my spitfyre is just waiting in aldrin just in case an EEMPC pops up, too.

maphys
x3tc

Re: I got me an EEMP!

Post by maphys » Sat, 31. Jan 09, 11:31

philip_hughes wrote:it was sitting in the Aldrin base. I bought it. Now I need 6 more as I don't have the rep for the other weapons.
Unless this was fixed in 1.4 then the only way to get more is to clone it. The bases start with a stock of them but never make more. No idea why. I gave up with a loud "Don't like Terran ships ANYWAY!" before flouncing out of the system and taking my ball with me...
:D

M

TBV
x3tc

Post by TBV » Sat, 31. Jan 09, 12:30

samalapan wrote:and my spitfyre is just waiting in aldrin just in case an EEMPC pops up, too.
Why not just fit antimatter launchers? They are much more powerful and
give you a range of 3.5km on an M3 that's faster than most M5s. Means
you can stay out of range of insta-hit weapons and still have 50% of the forward fire-power of a frigate.

Nyax
x3tc

Post by Nyax » Sat, 31. Jan 09, 12:35

I use the cheat scripts to give me the EEMPCs i need when outfitting an Aldrin ship. Then use them to deduct the 150% of the amount they would have cost if there were any to buy from my acount.

This way you effectively get a feature the game should have had from the start- The Ability to place an order for weapons from a supplier.
mrbadger wrote:Anyway, it's Star Wars, this is important....

lupoluke
x3tc

Post by lupoluke » Sat, 31. Jan 09, 13:22

Nyax wrote:I use the cheat scripts to give me the EEMPCs i need when outfitting an Aldrin ship. Then use them to deduct the 150% of the amount they would have cost if there were any to buy from my acount.

This way you effectively get a feature the game should have had from the start- The Ability to place an order for weapons from a supplier.
same here
after 10 days of game i eas tired not having such weapon...

maphys
x3tc

Post by maphys » Sat, 31. Jan 09, 14:08

Why not just fit antimatter launchers?
The ammo? Means you can't hold anything other than about 2AML and a few crates? I tend to get into long, extended fights so ammo based weapons are pretty much out for me. You'd have to keep running off and resupplying...

I tried fitting up a Spitfyre and just couldn't. If you chose to have weapons you were not going to be jumping far. If you had energy you were out of ammo very fast...

M

philip_hughes
x3tc

Post by philip_hughes » Sat, 31. Jan 09, 15:55

No ammo probs. The boa is a great little support ship/pocket carrier. Tactically this thing is lethal, even if it does not have that great a frontal assault role.
Split now give me death? Nah. Just give me your ship.

TBV
x3tc

Post by TBV » Sat, 31. Jan 09, 19:17

maphys wrote:The ammo? Means you can't hold anything other than about 2AML and a few crates?
No, it'll take 4 antimatter launchers (like I said 50% of frigate main-guns)
and 22 crates of ammo. That's about 4400 rounds, it lasts ages.

The Spit' is the most massively overpowered ship in the game. In the players
hands it can kill anything else in the game, and in any number. The only difficult one is the KM1/KM2 in sectors where the clusters spawn around you
quicker than you can kill the capital ships. Other than that it's perfect!

maphys
x3tc

Post by maphys » Sat, 31. Jan 09, 19:49

Spitfyre Cargo = 212
M/AM Launcher = 21
Ammo = 4

22 ammo = 88
4 M/AM = 84
3 25MJ shields = 75
=247?

My point was you could carry ammo or energy cells. I like to keep around 100 e-cells in my hold which leaves 37 units of space. One M/AML and 4 ammo. So, as I said. Spitfyre really doesn't work for me as I already compromising just to fit 2 guns!! You get guns or range due to the fact that the only easily available guns for it are really M6 guns.

I use the JD a lot in combat - like to trigger it as I skim along the side of a capital ship. I know the speed of the Spitfyre means you have to do that a lot less but I still like the option to get out of dodge fast.

M

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sat, 31. Jan 09, 20:58

maphys wrote: My point was you could carry ammo or energy cells. I like to keep around 100 e-cells in my hold which leaves 37 units of space.
In X3TC I don't think there's any need to keep e-cells on a fighter, for one simple reason--it's called the TM class. You can have a pocket carrier that can jump your M5/4/3 ships anywhere you want for less than the price of a fully kitted M4+, so why bother with jumpdrives on all the fighters?

maphys
x3tc

Post by maphys » Sat, 31. Jan 09, 21:18

so why bother with jumpdrives on all the fighters?
As I said - tactical aide. Area effect weapons and other nasties mean I like to fight right to the last MJ of shielding and then jump away laughing. How I play, not the only way to do it. I like the adrenaline rush! TMs are useful to pick up caps but not much else for me. They get toasted too often. I have a carrier on standby and 2 Panthers lurking around who do a better job than the TM! Still don't want to have to keep docking with them and stuff though. I like to be a self contained dog fighter if I am in an M3. Which rules out the Spitfyre for me. As I said, it is the way I choose to play. Not saying the S/Fyre is a bad ship just because it doesn't suit me. With the right back-up and so on I am sure it is an amazing beast. The stats say it would be. But I personally don't like it...

M

TBV
x3tc

Post by TBV » Sun, 1. Feb 09, 09:52

maphys mate, you seem to be arguing as if I don't know what I'm talking about.

Unlike you, I've actually tried it. In fact I've posted videos of a Spitfyre equipped as I described killing a KM2.

3x25MJ = 30
2xEEMP = 10
22xWarhead = 88
4xPMAML = 84

Total cargo 212

So why argue with me when you clearly haven't tried it?

maphys
x3tc

Post by maphys » Sun, 1. Feb 09, 10:43

So why argue with me when you clearly haven't tried it?
I saw it as more asking for clarification. Hence the question mark. Book size of the 25MJ is 25 units (from one of the data sheets) but your post just now reminded me that last night a Demeter with 3x them only had 30 units of cargo. So my bad on the figures, updating my spreadsheet. And if you read what I said then you'd see that I did give fitting out a Spitfyre a go and couldn't find an acceptable (to my tastes) way to do it. Which is very different to saying there isn't one or that the Spitfyre is rubbish. Don't take it so personally.
:)

Anyway, back OT. I think this just proves that different ships suit different people. I don't like flying any Terran or Aldrin ship so far, which is a shame. Going to give the Vidar and the Springblossom another go though. I feel like I ought to like something they make!!

M

mrsimit

Post by mrsimit » Sun, 1. Feb 09, 16:00

I sent 2 Sector Traders to Aldrin, forgot about them for a few days, then had no problem fitting out my Springblossom. I think this occurred during the time of patch 1.2 or 1.3. I haven't since returned to Aldrin (too large and boring for me) other than to send supply ships in OS, so don't know how stocks of EEMP's are faring. Will check back shortly.

Sogo

Re: I got me an EEMP!

Post by Sogo » Mon, 23. Mar 09, 23:21

maphys wrote:
philip_hughes wrote:it was sitting in the Aldrin base. I bought it. Now I need 6 more as I don't have the rep for the other weapons.
Unless this was fixed in 1.4 then the only way to get more is to clone it. The bases start with a stock of them but never make more. No idea why. I gave up with a loud "Don't like Terran ships ANYWAY!" before flouncing out of the system and taking my ball with me...
:D

M
Clone them? I finished the Terran storyline but have yet to do anything with factories.
I have not yet begun to defile myself...

Targ Collective
x4

Post by Targ Collective » Mon, 23. Mar 09, 23:29

If you buy and outfit 10 ships at a time at a shipyard, you can outfit them all from the same weapon pool, multiplying everything you get by 10.

Why have one Spitfyre when you can have 50 and a carrier through RE? Think big!

Sogo

Post by Sogo » Tue, 24. Mar 09, 00:21

Targ Collective wrote:If you buy and outfit 10 ships at a time at a shipyard, you can outfit them all from the same weapon pool, multiplying everything you get by 10.

Why have one Spitfyre when you can have 50 and a carrier through RE? Think big!
Ooh - kick ass... Thanks for the tip bud!
I have not yet begun to defile myself...

natha
x4

Post by natha » Tue, 24. Mar 09, 11:10

After i saw a wing of 12 to attack an M7 and 5 of them crash to the hull i think i never entered Aldrin again.... Nona raiders are just fine for me. I use spitfyres and springblossom only as armed traders.

I don't know if its a bug. I think if you feed the two weapon production bases in Aldrin they produce, but the amount of resources they need and the distance from the "jump point" makes it very very hard. Also the distance makes the natural Habitats and the mixed food bases stay out of energy.

Lately i'm thinking to put 10-15 sector traders and watch if they manage to do anything.

edit: Good to know that the production is broken, I'll not waste time on ST then ...
Last edited by natha on Wed, 25. Mar 09, 11:37, edited 1 time in total.

maphys
x3tc

Post by maphys » Tue, 24. Mar 09, 18:55

I think if you feed the two weapon production bases in Aldrin they produce
PMAMLs and PSSCs are produced but not EEMPCs - known issue. Hopefully fixed in 2.0

M

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”