clearing a sector of squash mines

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Mudkest
x4

clearing a sector of squash mines

Post by Mudkest » Sat, 31. Jan 09, 13:48

So I decided to make some stations in some of those mined pirate sectors, at first I thouht I'll just have some mistral freighters running for the fatories there, thinking the 6 25MJ shields would be enough to protect them.

Then 1 minute after buying a shiney new mistral, equiping it with 6 25mj shields it runs into a squash mine and

the squash mine won :o

so now I have to figure out how to clear the sector of the rest of the mines without loosing ships, anyone have any sugestions on how to tackle this problem without flying my personal ship to every inch of the sector hoping to find the miens before the mines find me(and hoping to find them all :s)
Avast ye chumsucking scumbuckets. Landlubbers be keelhauled, pillage them poodles and bring missery and mutiny to the mercifull

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Sat, 31. Jan 09, 13:50

In TC I think you have to use seeker missiles (e.g. Tempests).

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Sat, 31. Jan 09, 13:52

I'd guess that was more than 1 mine because 1 SQUASH has a point blank damage of 75 MJ.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

G.Org
x4

Re: clearing a sector of squash mines

Post by G.Org » Sat, 31. Jan 09, 15:27

Mudkest wrote: Then 1 minute after buying a shiney new mistral, equiping it with 6 25mj shields it runs into a squash mine and
since when does a mistral has 6x25 MJ shields? i only know about 4

and i dont know if it still work. but back then in X3R u could fly towards minefield with "target enemy" enabled (shift+t)and then a mine would be sellected. long ranged weapons or missiles do the job then.
"Fairy tales are more than true — not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten."
- G. K. Chesterton -

Mudkest
x4

Re: clearing a sector of squash mines

Post by Mudkest » Sat, 31. Jan 09, 16:14

Gazz wrote:I'd guess that was more than 1 mine because 1 SQUASH has a point blank damage of 75 MJ.
Could be, survived squash mines in my kestrel before(guess was too far away again before it realised I was there :D) , so figured 150mj shields should be enough to protect the not-so-fast freighters
G.Org wrote:
since when does a mistral has 6x25 MJ shields? i only know about 4
super freighter ;)

"and i dont know if it still work. but back then in X3R u could fly towards minefield with "target enemy" enabled (shift+t)and then a mine would be sellected. long ranged weapons or missiles do the job then."

just tried that, following happened, was flying around in moolasomething legacy sector in my pelican when suddenly my front turret(running the MARS defense command) started spraying with the phased repeater gun, then suddenly BOOOOOM! fireworks as the squash mine went squish :o

time to get MARS upgrade for my mistrels I think and have them minesweep as theye go about their bussiness :)

(also squash mine didnt get targeted with target nearest enemy, cycling trough targets with page up/down or flaying at where the squash mine more or less was with target object)
Avast ye chumsucking scumbuckets. Landlubbers be keelhauled, pillage them poodles and bring missery and mutiny to the mercifull

davetheterran

Post by davetheterran » Sat, 31. Jan 09, 20:14

I think u can clear mines using the target nearest enemy command on u turrets /mains and using PSGs would b more effective as these r area wepeons.So u take out more mines in any given area .D

maphys
x3tc

Post by maphys » Sat, 31. Jan 09, 20:19

davetheterran wrote:I think u can clear mines using the target nearest enemy command on u turrets /mains...
In R. TC doesn't register the mines as targets as far as I can tell. Until you hit one...

M

Necrosexual

Post by Necrosexual » Sat, 31. Jan 09, 23:35

Load CIGS on all your turrets in an m7 or m2 preferably an m7 for the speed then fly around set turrets to attack enemies.

the seeker missile approach sounds like a good idea to.

NUKLEAR-SLUG
x3tc

Post by NUKLEAR-SLUG » Sat, 31. Jan 09, 23:57

Any variety of IFF seeker missile will do the job. If you have access to an M7M then Flail will be the most efficient for the task.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”