[TC] how do i fire my fragmentation bomb launcher?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

markbond

how do i fire my fragmentation bomb launcher?

Post by markbond » Sat, 31. Jan 09, 22:54

Just picked up the Toucan Hauler derelict ship and it has a fragmentation bomb launcher installed. How the hell do it fire this thing? Right mouse button does nothing. L for launch does nothing. Do I need to buy ammo or something or am I just being dumb?

Any help?

Thanx

OTAS Employee
x3tc

Post by OTAS Employee » Sat, 31. Jan 09, 23:07

If it is in a turret, press F1 to scroll through turret views.
You might be interested to know the FBL is largely useless.
It is incredibly hard to hit things with it, and it often does not explode till it reaches max range.
'Er, excuse me,' said Ford, following after him, 'which government owns this Brigantine?'
Marvin ignored him.
'Which government...' started Ford Prefect again.
'No government owns it,' snapped the robot, 'it's been stolen.'
'Stolen?'
'Stolen?' mimicked Marvin.
'By who?' asked Ford.
'Squiddy McSquid.'

markbond

Post by markbond » Sat, 31. Jan 09, 23:42

decided to sell up the toucan haluer. Any ideas how or where i do this. Took it the to Argon Prime Shipyard but could not work out how to sell it. Can I only sell it at shipyards where is it made/sold?

Lorric
x3tc

Post by Lorric » Sun, 1. Feb 09, 00:12

Sell weapons / shields at equipment docks or military outposts.
You can sell the ship at a shipyard - but if you have any equipment onboard, you will only get half price for the equipment. So sell it elsewhere first :-)

maphys
x3tc

Post by maphys » Sun, 1. Feb 09, 00:45

markbond wrote:decided to sell up the toucan haluer. Any ideas how or where i do this. Took it the to Argon Prime Shipyard but could not work out how to sell it. Can I only sell it at shipyards where is it made/sold?
Any shipyard will take it but it is a rare ship. Can't be bought anywhere, if you want to replace it to get
Spoiler
Show
all the PHQ blueprints
then don't sell it!! You'll have to capture it next time.

You could leave it sat at a dock training marines.

M

NeverSnake
x3tc

Post by NeverSnake » Sun, 1. Feb 09, 03:03

maphys wrote:
markbond wrote:decided to sell up the toucan haluer. Any ideas how or where i do this. Took it the to Argon Prime Shipyard but could not work out how to sell it. Can I only sell it at shipyards where is it made/sold?
Any shipyard will take it but it is a rare ship. Can't be bought anywhere, if you want to replace it to get
Spoiler
Show
all the PHQ blueprints
then don't sell it!! You'll have to capture it next time.

You could leave it sat at a dock training marines.

M
Actually, it can probably be bought second-hand. I know the Iguana Vanguard can be.
"There's an old story about the person who wished his computer were as easy to use as his telephone. That wish has come true, since I no longer know how to use my telephone" — Bjarne Stroustrup

Ezuku
x2

Post by Ezuku » Sun, 1. Feb 09, 07:44

I don't know whether you realise this, but you can't sell a ship you're currently sitting in. Otherwise, you can just sell it from the trade screen.

Also, the Frag Bomb Launcher is stupidly noisy, which makes its stupid weakness even more annoying...

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Sun, 1. Feb 09, 08:41

It's mainly psychological warfare, though not as much as those stupid cluster flaks...
Shame that sound can't travel in a total vacuum...
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

Ezuku
x2

Post by Ezuku » Sun, 1. Feb 09, 12:59

Yeah, psychological warfare all right. Shoot at somebody with it and they'll flee thinking you're shooting at them with flak.

Sadly, the AI's not smart enough (or too smart?) to do that...

anartark

Post by anartark » Sun, 1. Feb 09, 13:59

FBL is the worse weapon in the game cause it's bugged or broken as well, sell every FBL you find.

Toucan Hauler is not for sale at shipyards but it's not the best TP, I wouldn't sell the Iguana Vanguard but sold the Toucan myself. A Boron Angel is much better though :)

plawolf
x3tc

Post by plawolf » Sun, 1. Feb 09, 16:50

FBL is a good idea in theory that was royally screwed up on implementation. If they made it an ammo based weapon with a proximity fuse, then it would make a very interesting addition to the game. While they are at it, they should also tune down the volume of the explosions, thats just painful!
Orange wing misfit Meep Meep

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”