Starburst shockwave cannon forge - missing

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Spikend
x3tc

Starburst shockwave cannon forge - missing

Post by Spikend » Sun, 1. Feb 09, 10:52

Hello folks!

I'm wondering, isn't there any kind of a built-in code in the game to prevent stations to be "extinct"? Because, I've now searched the whole terran system for a Starburst Shockwave Cannon Forge, but I can't find one. I remember from my first game that there was one in mars.. But now I can't find it.

Might the reason be that I'm using mods? I use quite a few atm.. :P
For starters I use the "ATF Agent" start, the ATF shipyard (as well as other shipyards) and other mods..

aggrressor
x4

Post by aggrressor » Tue, 3. Feb 09, 08:05

Me 2.
I'm using the "Terran Defender" start. I went to eng.x3tc.ru to confirm, and it turns out that there should be another one in Jupiter, but i'm missing that one also. The only mod that i'm using is FCC(factory complex constructor). Would be nice to know if that is fixable in any way.

supakillaii
xr

Post by supakillaii » Tue, 3. Feb 09, 15:35

No, GOD removes unused & nonprofitable stations after some time.

Spikend
x3tc

Post by Spikend » Tue, 3. Feb 09, 17:05

So that means that I have to make my own starburst shockwave cannon forge? Bah, 15 mill ++ out of the window there :p

ArcAngel_Slayer
x3

Post by ArcAngel_Slayer » Tue, 3. Mar 09, 15:34

I've got the same problem, can we acctually build a starburst shockwave cannon forge?

I need a load of them for a ship and all the forges are gone and the docks are empty!

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Tue, 3. Mar 09, 16:19

ArcAngel_Slayer wrote:I've got the same problem, can we acctually build a starburst shockwave cannon forge?
Not yet. I believe 2.0 will add buyable Terran stations.

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Tue, 3. Mar 09, 16:42

And in 2.0, Terran stations won't be permanent destroyed.
Come watch me on Twitch where I occasionally play several of the X games

Spikend
x3tc

Post by Spikend » Tue, 3. Mar 09, 17:05

Hmm that's good :) Luckily, I've got the ATF shipyard mod, so it's not too little SSCs around anymore now :)

SpaceSquirrel
x3tc

Post by SpaceSquirrel » Wed, 4. Mar 09, 15:30

If you can buy one Starburst from a station, then you can clone the rest. I also bought one using Barter.
Boron Marine: Mi Chi Ken "All for one and one for all!...Lets go men!...Arg!...reaching hull, almost there...attempting to breach hull...I'm feeling hungry...I wanna go home...static...losing transmission...your breaking up Captain...must abort mission...cannot breach hull...forgot to take drill...ahhhh...not feeling well...must return to ship Captain...ahhhh...have doctors note...ya thats it ya and ahhh...just noticed...wearing shoes that don't match...must return...over?"

FordGT90Concept
x3tc

Post by FordGT90Concept » Thu, 14. May 09, 22:25

I hate to revive a dead thread but, I am having this problem too (US English, 2.0, boxed). I bought my Osaka and in about 3-4 days worth of game time, I managed to accumulate 22 Point Singularity Projectors but only 2 Starburst Shockwave Cannons. I have located both PSP forges (one is at The Moon, the other is at Saturn 3) but I have not found any SSC forges. The two I managed to buy were picked up at Orbital Defense stations found via Remote Best Buy.

Those 2 SSCs have served me well (got me about 15 million worth of dead Kha'ak) but it just it would be much better if I had 22 more. I checked the Shipyard at The Moon and it isn't selling any Terran stations.

What am I to do? :cry:

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Fri, 15. May 09, 08:03

Terran stations only become available for purchase after you've done the Aldrin missions that were added in 2.0. According to the station search at eng.x3tc.ru the SSC forges are in Saturn 3 and The Moon at the beginning of the game--have you checked both locations?

Spikend
x3tc

Post by Spikend » Fri, 15. May 09, 14:11

Well I checked at both locations it was said that there would be a SSC forge, but there weren't any. So I ended up with buying and building one myself ;) (ATF Shipyard mod).

FordGT90Concept
x3tc

Post by FordGT90Concept » Fri, 15. May 09, 14:25

I'll set my Springblossum to map those sectors. It's possible I missed it but judging how Remote Best Buy rarely ever finds any for sell (once every 3 game days), I'd say the stations are gone.

It kind of sucks that you have to do the Aldrin Missions to unlock Terran stations (I have Guardian of Earth rank with the Terran). The SSC guns are the most useful to me during Operation Final Fury mission which is a prerequisite to the Aldrin missions.

I'm either going to have to use Cyrow's cheat script to get me the guns or keep working on Operation Final Fury with 2 SSCs and 24 PSPs.

Edit:
1) Is there anyway to disable the script editor after it has been enabled?

2) Does completing the Aldrin Missions also allow you to buy ATF ships (specifically, the Vahalla)?

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Fri, 15. May 09, 21:11

I believe they should be replaced at some point.

1. No.
2. No.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sat, 16. May 09, 07:26

FordGT90Concept wrote:1) Is there anyway to disable the script editor after it has been enabled?
Not without reloading a saved game that was made before you enabled it--the state of the script editor is stored in the saved game.

FordGT90Concept
x3tc

Post by FordGT90Concept » Sat, 16. May 09, 15:40

Alright. I just finished the Aldrin Missions and there's still no signs of SSC Forges anywhere. I'm going to build two of them. It's a shame that it took 7 game days (even fast forwarding throug the HUB) just to get a few weapons. :(

Another note: AI jumping seems to be broke in the Aldrin space after the Aldrin Missions start until Aldrin space is reconnected with Terran space. Also, all the gates in Terran Space were clogged with ships trying to jump from sector to sector. There's something wrong with the gates throughout those missions. :(

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”