[X3 TC] Warning !! Invasion Iminent !!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Apollo303
x3tc

[X3 TC] Warning !! Invasion Iminent !!

Post by Apollo303 » Sun, 1. Feb 09, 19:23

As the topic states --- WARNING !! Invasion iminent !!

So... have you been part of an invasion force hitting a particular sector and wiping it clean just to show off your true power of your fleet. Or have you been the unlucky one who just finished tradeing and suddenly found as you`ve undocked your gravidar has lit up red. Have you been entering a system for some reason or another and found a full scale invasion takeing place......

If any of the above applies to you then why not tell everyone about it, share your experiences with those that may or maynot have had a similar experience.

So to start the ball rolling.......

I`ve been there, seen it and been a part of it, an invasion that is :D
The one i do want to share is one that completely took me by surprise, and most certainly the recievers of such a quick and brutal attack.
Lastnight i was scouting out the Paranid sectors from Priest Refuge round in a grid formation to Heaven`s Assertion. I stopped off in Perpetual Sin as this is where i was going at some point in the future going to start my very own invasion of the Paranid sector`s.

So doing my homework, i was checking on ship deployment and patrol routes, the equipment/weaponry the Paranid military were sporting, what stations were where and any kind of system defences. Haveing done pretty much what i wanted to do, i found that there were x2 Hercules, x1 Zeus and x1 Odysseus. Aside from the Zeus, the rest had at least x2 Heavy Nemesis and x2 Deimos accompanying them, all patroling Perpetual Sin. It was nice to see the Paranid had there backdoor covered, unfortunatly with all those ships in Perpetual Sin, it left there central sectors void of anything that could do serious damage and deter anykind of invasion...... as i was about to find out !!!

So i made my way into Spring Of Belief, when my screen cleared everything became all too clear and at that moment i was`nt sure weather to run away or find a spot to hide and watch the unfolding doom streaming it`s way through Spring Of Belief. They say in space noone can hear you scream, damn good job really otherwise i would be deaf.

x2 Kha`ak destroyer`s, x2 Kha`ak Carrier`s and god knows how many Kha`ak fighters and scouts were all pounding thier way through the system. I decided to take the suicidal option and stick around and see what was to become of Spring Of Belief. It took alittle over 2 hours for the Kha`ak to destroy :- Paranid Equipment Dock, Paranid Tradeing Dock, Ore Mine L, x2 Ore Mine M`s, x2 Silicon Mine M`s, Snail Ranch L, Soyfarm L and x2 Soyfarm M`s. Incidentally they left the Pirate base alone.

Seeing this total carnage of Spring Of Belief made me realise that the Kha`ak were definatly a force NOT to be reckoned with lightly. The 2 Kha`ak Carrier`s and 2 Destroyer`s warped out, probably jumped back to thier home system to ready for another invasion. The fighters and scouts were however still here and heading towards me :o . So with the impending feeling of doom heading at a fast pace directly towards me, i decided to jump out to Faded Dreams to where my Cobra MK1 and Raptor MK1 were sitting.

Sometime later i paid a visit back to Spring Of Belief, the scouts and fighters that were there are now gone and several Paranid police/military ships were patroling. The system is now bareing heavy scars, there are no stations in that system at the moment and the Paranid Fleet are still hanging around in Perpetual Sin. My thoughts turn to `why did they not respond to this threat ?, and why the hell did`nt the ships that were in the system at the time of the invasion not leave?`. All remains a mystery !!
Who am i ? I am but the sum of my experiences....
And today i am more than i was yesterday and less than i will be tomorrow.

Imagination is a part of Reality we all agree on !!

maphys
x3tc

Post by maphys » Sun, 1. Feb 09, 19:31

My trader was flying through Black Hole Sun when he saw a dozen or so Xenon, including Qs, moving across the sector. I sent him to a safe station and jumped into Treasure Chest rubbing my hands with evil glee (I owed them one for taking down half my Hub supply team moments after I had fixed it from a Pirate mauling!). I was waiting by the West gate and saw a few Xenon on scan. "Charge!". Bad idea. What my trader had not seen (because he docked) was that this was actually just the first few ships in a huge Xenon migration. I have not seen anything like one this big before. So I started killing. And kept on killing... I noticed that the stream of Xenon extended right across the sector, it was rather like the opposite gate had been replaced with a huge hosepipe firing Xenon ships at me... After half an hour, several near deaths, and a few nail biting jumps back to the gate I had to give up. They were still coming. Oddly enough they did almost no damage to anything on their way through. Just pasted a few Argon ships that attacked them. I followed them over another sector, then gave up. I'd got enough loot and I felt like I had made my point. But damn there were a lot of Xenon in that migration!

M

fintoozler
x3tc

Post by fintoozler » Sun, 1. Feb 09, 20:09

Way back when I was cruising around in a Zephyrus and Skate I had just undocked from OTAS HQ in
Spoiler
Show
Legend's Home
to find a sizable Kha'ak invasion jumping in that very moment (I kid you not).
The fleet consisted of roughly...

2x Kha'ak Destroyers
1x Kha'ak Carriers
5x (or more) Kha'ak Corvettes
and a bajillion fighters/scouts

So since I didn't have anything like the hardware to take part in this one I decided to break out the popcorn because that lot against a Boreas, a Titan, 2 Aquilos and assorted other hardware looked like a good fight.

I was disapointed...

The Boreas led the charge being the closest ship to the Kha'ak fleet at the time. It proceeded to steamroll BOTH destroyers simultaneously and as it was turning to mop up the fighters a hail of missiles from the 2 Aquilos mowed almost all of them down.
This left a Carrier and a few Corvettes, the Titan just barely got in range and was sniping corvettes as the Boreas ate the Carrier.

As near as I could tell the only ship that took any actual hits was that Boreas since it was at about 2/3 shields at the end.

This was my first inkling that the Boreas I knew and loved in XTM as a light, agile utility destroyer with all the cool bells and whistles had been replaced by a gun bristling dreadnaught.

The End

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Sun, 1. Feb 09, 20:32

I remember doing a combat mission, where you have to kill all the pirates and Yaki. Well I just finished the mission decided to repair a badly beaten up Falcon I had capped, then I noticed a alot of flashes around me. Thought I better check what was going on, found that suddenly there was a Khaak invasion fleet dropped in right on top of me! :o Needless to say I had to do a pretty fast space walk back to my trusty Nova Raider. I really didn't think it would be a good idea to go up against a couple of Khaak M2s in a Nova. So I high tailed it out of there pretty damn fast I can tell you! :roll:

Apollo303
x3tc

Post by Apollo303 » Thu, 5. Feb 09, 15:04

Remeber how at the top of this thread i mentioned the Kha`ak invasion in Spring Of Belief, well guess what...... there back !!

This time however it was the turn of the Boron, obviously decideing that there last outting into Paranid space was a cakewalk, they wanted to cheeseoff the fish folk. The target system this time was Great Reef, now this was going to be interesting as the Boron had thier military and police out in force and patrolling the system. 3 heavy hydra`s, 2 shark`s and a ray not to mention 20+ fighters, i think you could say this system was far from void of it`s defences.

This particular invasion could well be a major mistake for the Kha`ak or some serious collateral damage for the Boron. The only reason i was there, was because i had a mercury super freighter running as a sector trader there. Well i did have a mercury freighter in there, unfortunatly it was destroyed when the Kha`ak showed up. I was ticked off with this as i was pulling him out of Great Reef. It was full to the gills with EC`s for my fleet that was gathering in Faded Dreams. I was passing through on my way to Argon Prime to get me a few heavy centaurs to add to my already growing fleet.

2 Kha`ak destroyer`s made themselves busy by hammering the light weapons complex, whilst the carrier moved towards the weapon component factory and unleashing a wave of fighters and scouts. The local traders were being torn apart by the mass of fighters and scouts. One of the shark`s jumped out of system, god knows why, but it did. The ray and 1 remaining shark hunted down the carrier, whilst the nilitary fighters and police took off after the Kha`ak scouts and fighters. The Kha`ak destroyer`s were interupted by a passing thresher to which they made short work of and then went on to gank an orca supply ship.

Well it seemed to be a stale-mate for both sides, so being on exceedingly good terms with the Boron i chose to help out, plus i did`nt want the locals getting all the fun. So i jumped my heavy dragon to my position (named The Draconis), i switched ships and went in for some much needed combat time :D. I managed to bag myself both the destroyers and a handful of the fighters. Just as things were getting back to some kind of normality, 2 Kha`ak clusters jumped in, needless to say i was still thirsty for combat at this point so bagged them both.

The invasion finally over, my account being a lot fatter and my rep even more increased, it was`nt a bad day afterall. And where were the hydra`s in all this, they jumped out with one of the shark`s.
Who am i ? I am but the sum of my experiences....
And today i am more than i was yesterday and less than i will be tomorrow.

Imagination is a part of Reality we all agree on !!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”