OMG - need help with mission (want to caputuer ship) SOS!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Summer.Rain

OMG - need help with mission (want to caputuer ship) SOS!

Post by Summer.Rain » Mon, 2. Feb 09, 22:00

Ok so i fly in Elite ship with 4 5MG shilds and 4 beam weapons of some sort
anyways when i blast enenmys i do quiet good damage.
So i found this "defend base" mission where i have to defend a station
from this REALLY COOL PIRATE SHIP
it looks something like that:
http://eng.x3tc.ru/x3_tc_ships/x3-ship. ... TQ0MTU5NzE
(Im not sure its it though but im sure its pirate!)
or maybe like this:
http://eng.x3tc.ru/x3_tc_ships/x3-ship. ... DI0MTg2NDM

So i want to capture it like REALLY BADLY
but it got really nasty firepower
now i found out that if i stay at distance (idle) and only use W and S to dodge bullets i can fight it (it flys around me shooting)
Any tips? Help? Please? Anything!!! i want this ship so much :cry:

P.S
where can i get freight drones and how to force them to supply a fuel destillary?
And where is the best spot to build one as a terran? :X[/url]

NUKLEAR-SLUG
x3tc

Post by NUKLEAR-SLUG » Mon, 2. Feb 09, 22:03

It's a Pirate Osprey and you'll need a bunch of marines to capture it. If you haven't got any at the moment you're out of luck.

Freight drones are shipping goods between ships and station not supplying stations with goods.

Summer.Rain

Post by Summer.Rain » Mon, 2. Feb 09, 22:09

NUKLEAR-SLUG wrote:It's a Pirate Osprey and you'll need a bunch of marines to capture it. If you haven't got any at the moment you're out of luck.

Freight drones are shipping goods between ships and station not supplying stations with goods.
so i cant capture it? Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :cry:
ok ill just watch how it destroys the factory then ^^
Not wirth to waste my hull on it then

Anyways, how do i use marines to capture it?
I can fly quicky to get some but i think i cant buy them with my elite?

and, where is the best place to build a fuel factory around or near terran space?

b1rd

Post by b1rd » Mon, 2. Feb 09, 22:14

Space fuel distelleries do quite well in Heretic's End. Beware that Terran stations dont buy the stuff, but the Argons nearby do. Set sell price at average -1, let the NPCs do the trading for you.

Summer.Rain

Post by Summer.Rain » Mon, 2. Feb 09, 22:16

b1rd wrote:Space fuel distelleries do quite well in Heretic's End. Beware that Terran stations dont buy the stuff, but the Argons nearby do. Set sell price at average -1, let the NPCs do the trading for you.
how can i make 1 race to buy and other not to? :X
and what about my other questions?
Please i need a guide on how to use marines

MegaJohnny
x4

Post by MegaJohnny » Mon, 2. Feb 09, 22:35

Summer.Rain wrote: so i cant capture it? Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :cry:
ok ill just watch how it destroys the factory then ^^
Not wirth to waste my hull on it then

Anyways, how do i use marines to capture it?
I can fly quicky to get some but i think i cant buy them with my elite?

and, where is the best place to build a fuel factory around or near terran space?
I think mostly all ships bigger than corvettes can carry marines. But since you're in an Elite, which can't carry marines, you'll need a TP (which can carry 10 or 5 marines can't remember which) or your own corvette which can carry 5. It doesn't sound like an option at the moment because a marine costs up to almost 20K each, plus training, costs for which mount up quickly, times 5, plus at least 500-600K for a shielded TP.

Also Elites can't have 4 5MJ shields. When you open the info menu for your ship (press Y then U) what total shielding does it say you have? An Elite can fit up to 2 25MJ shields but fits no more than 2 shields at a time.
Summer.Rain wrote:
b1rd wrote:Space fuel distelleries do quite well in Heretic's End. Beware that Terran stations dont buy the stuff, but the Argons nearby do. Set sell price at average -1, let the NPCs do the trading for you.
how can i make 1 race to buy and other not to? :X
and what about my other questions?
Please i need a guide on how to use marines
Open the station's command console, then set allow other race trading to yes, and then go down to the friend/foe thing and set any race you don't want buying to foe. They won't be able to dock.

Don't know anything about freight drones. But TSs are cheap, big old trader ships that can automatically buy resources for your factories.

If you really want to know how to board a ship, it's not that complicated:

1. Buy 5 marines at a military outpost or whatever
2. Train 2 of them to 3 stars in hacking, 2 of them to 3 stars in mechanical, and the last one in... whatever. I usually make them into engis.
3. Load them into your TP/M6
4. Approach the target ship and rip his shields off
5. Give your TP/M6 the order to board the ship
6. When the marines have launched and have latched onto the hull keep the shields well below 10% while they cut through the hull
7. once they've radioed in that they're inside the ship and pressurised or whatever like that, run away and twiddle your thumbs while the marines do their thing. Either they all die or they manage to fight their way into the bridge and turn the ship computer to your control, at which point it becomes your property. Any surviving marines will then install a cargo life support system and remain in the ship.

Summer.Rain

Post by Summer.Rain » Mon, 2. Feb 09, 23:08

thanks MegaJohnny
but how\where do i train marines?
i got 1.7Mil CR what should i spend them on?
Im flying in an Elite ship with 2\5MW shilds and 4 guns + 1 turret

appernently i cant buy fuel factory yet so i need something cheaper
maybe wheat farm? i noticed Omicron Lyrae is in lack of wheat :X

But anyways the truth is that i want bigger fighter ship
even if im a noob fighter :(

MegaJohnny
x4

Post by MegaJohnny » Mon, 2. Feb 09, 23:19

Summer.Rain wrote:thanks MegaJohnny
but how\where do i train marines?
i got 1.7Mil CR what should i spend them on?
Im flying in an Elite ship with 2\5MW shilds and 4 guns + 1 turret

appernently i cant buy fuel factory yet so i need something cheaper
maybe wheat farm? i noticed Omicron Lyrae is in lack of wheat :X

But anyways the truth is that i want bigger fighter ship
even if im a noob fighter :(
Well at the very least get 2 25MJ shields instead so that you get 5 times more shielding than you have now. 1.7mil is just over the bare minimum to buy a Nova Raider but I'd have at least 2 million before that, so you have money for software and weaponry.

1.7mil is enough to set up a low-tech factory, set up TSs to supply it, and have enough money left for bits and bobs. In Reunion I started with a cattle ranch in home of light. But I'm not really sure about what to put in Omicron Lyrae. It's bonus points if traders are interested in buying from your station so that you have less freighters in danger from pirates but they don't seem very interested in low-tech things, however low-level weapons, shields and general high-tech goods sell very nicely. But high-tech factories can cost a lot - often more than 2 mil.

To buy/train marines, buy them at any military outpost (you will need a TP or M6 already for this) then when you tell the marine carrier to trade with the station you'll be able to train them in hacking, mechanical and engineering.

3 star mechanical is needed to breach the hull in M6s and 3 star hacking is needed to successfully hack the ship computer in M6s. Engineering is non-essential but reduces the hull damage caused by the marines' actions in the ship, reducing the chance that they panic and evacuate the ship due to low hull level.

The best 2 mechanics are used to cut the hull and the best 2 hackers are used to hack the ship computer.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Tue, 3. Feb 09, 08:22

MegaJohnny wrote: 1.7mil is just over the bare minimum to buy a Nova Raider but I'd have at least 2 million before that, so you have money for software and weaponry.
Unless you find one second hand, of course--I got a barebones Nova Raider with about 60% hull for less than 200k!

NUKLEAR-SLUG
x3tc

Post by NUKLEAR-SLUG » Tue, 3. Feb 09, 19:09

He's got an Elite. Nothing stopping him buying the Nova and then stripping and selling the Elite to outfit the Nova.

Summer.rain, for marine boarding you need several things.

1. Buy a TP. Argon Express will do fine.
2. Send the Express to the Terracorp HQ. in Home of Light, buy a bioscanner.
3. Send the Express to the Military outpost in Elenas Fortune
4. Buy 5 Marines with stars next to their names as that indicates they have skills already
5. Train your 5 marines up to at least 2-star, preferably 3-star in all 3 skills.

Once you've got 5 trained marines you're ready to think about boarding that Osprey.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”