[TC] Buy disruptor missiles for mission

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

radionotme
x3tc

Buy disruptor missiles for mission

Post by radionotme » Tue, 3. Feb 09, 20:48

Doing a search, it seems that in vanilla X3TC, disruptor missiles aren't available for purchase, however I think that is ruining my chance to do the terracorp missions.
I did one mission from Terra HQ in Home of Light, and after completing it was told that I'd be contacted with further missions. Sure enough, a while later I got a message to contact a guy at Terra HQ. I did so, and his next mission is to deliver a load of missiles, Typhoon, Mosquito and Disruptor ones.

How can I do this if I can't buy them, and what am I missing out on if I can't do that mission?

fud
x3

Post by fud » Tue, 3. Feb 09, 20:51

Blow up pirates/yaki. More times than naught, pirate/yaki M4s are carrying dirsuptors (after a while of ingame time).

Just start smacking them around and you'll probably get a couple dropped.

radionotme
x3tc

Post by radionotme » Tue, 3. Feb 09, 21:01

He wants 12 of the things though! And 18 of the other two types

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Tue, 3. Feb 09, 21:20

I had better luck with Xenon than Yaki for disruptors (somewhat oddly - I guess they just collect things!)

fud
x3

Post by fud » Tue, 3. Feb 09, 21:33

Yeah. When I wrote that, I didn't think Yaki sounded right.

Xenon drop them by the truckload.

radionotme
x3tc

Post by radionotme » Tue, 3. Feb 09, 21:38

Sounds like an awful lot of work for not much profit. He's offering 800k and although the Mosquitos don't cost much, the typhoons will cost over 540,000 credits.
Should I try and get them regardless?

NeverSnake
x3tc

Post by NeverSnake » Tue, 3. Feb 09, 21:55

You can abort the mission and they'll give you a different one for any mission except the first.
"There's an old story about the person who wished his computer were as easy to use as his telephone. That wish has come true, since I no longer know how to use my telephone" — Bjarne Stroustrup

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Tue, 3. Feb 09, 22:00

Short answer - Yes.
Long answer - If you want the ships that they give you as rewards (when your rank is high enough) then yes.

More than one Corp. (in my game) wanted disruptors so having a small stockpile of the things can help.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Tue, 3. Feb 09, 23:16

NeverSnake has it right--the missions after the first one are purely random, so you might as well abandon that one (for a minor rep loss) and hope the next one is more to your liking.

quarkian37
x3tc

Post by quarkian37 » Wed, 4. Feb 09, 10:57

pjknibbs wrote:NeverSnake has it right--the missions after the first one are purely random, so you might as well abandon that one (for a minor rep loss) and hope the next one is more to your liking.
I have done loads of coporate missions (Otas, Terracrop and Jonferco all finished, now doing NMMC) and there is no rep loss if you fail to do a mission (but not sure if there is for aborting) so just take the mission, run SETA (or do something else) and fail the mission - then wait for the next one - no rep loss.

radionotme
x3tc

Post by radionotme » Wed, 4. Feb 09, 13:34

Cheers for the advice - I'll do just that and see if the next mission is any better.

radionotme
x3tc

Post by radionotme » Thu, 5. Feb 09, 14:19

Worked a treat, my next mission was a 'get co-ordinates from my contact, then go kill someone' mission, much more fun!
Unfortunately, I'm still in my starting Argon Elite and the 'someone' turned out to be a pirate M6, which made relatively short work of me. I think I'll have to either go back and continue with the terran mission to get more credits, or go capping.
Alternatively I've got 1 mil in the bank and a level 8 sector trader in a Mercury up in Kingdom End, so might look into buying him a bigger ship so that the profits come in quicker. Those Boron super freighters look like they can hold a fair bit!

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Thu, 5. Feb 09, 16:13

It would be nice to have at least one disruptor fac somewhere in the universe (most likely in a pirate or Yaki sector).

The Boron Dolphin SF has the second largest cargo bay for the super freighter class (14,000). However it's slow as hell (53 at max tuning) and it's unarmed (not counting missiles). So if you plan on a Dolphin SF for trading runs make sure it stays in relatively safe sectors. I haven't purchased one in X3:TC but did use them in X3:R (since they had the largest cargo bay of any SF) as middleman storage 'til they got full of wares (mainly weapons taken from Xenon wrecks) and then send them to my PHQ to transfer the wares to a TL for storing and selling later on.

I'd either buy a Mercury SF that has 11,800 cargo, 72 max speed, & single rear turret. Or if you don't mind a somewhat overpowered SF go for the OTAS Mistral SF with 15,000 cargo (largest cargo bay of the SF class) , 78 max speed, & 2 turrets (front & rear, two slots apiece) and it's cheaper than the Dolphin SF. If you tend to do trading in or going through pirate sectors and the pirates aren't too friendly to you the Mistral in my opinion is the way to go.

Note: My entire freighter fleet are all Mistral/Mistral SF (8 reg/32 SF, though most of the SF (20) are storing wares/weaps for later use) for two main reasons -
1. Cargo Bay
2. Speed
And yes the weapons do help sell the argument as well.
Last edited by Deadbeat_Spinn on Fri, 6. Feb 09, 01:36, edited 2 times in total.

argon_emperor
x4

Post by argon_emperor » Thu, 5. Feb 09, 17:02

Just a tip for those Corporate missions where you have to get wares to them. Once you enter the sector, until you accept the mission, and either complete or fail it, it doesn't seem to change, even if you don't accept it. So you can look at what's required, take a note of it somewhere, then go get the stuff, through whatever means are required. Could just be a bug, or an intentional feature to make things mildly simpler for you.

squall1066
x3tc

Post by squall1066 » Thu, 5. Feb 09, 18:42

argon_emperor is right, even if it is a bug, dont say it aloud as i'm working through the atraus missions and its helping me. 8)
I would like to thank egosoft for letting me buy their product

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”