[IDEA] Massive Orbital Production Complex, Egosoft wink wink

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Rogue99
x3tc

[IDEA] Massive Orbital Production Complex, Egosoft wink wink

Post by Rogue99 » Wed, 4. Feb 09, 04:09

Do you ever get tired of having to build complexes by having to buy each station and have to move them to where you want then have to connect them all up with hubs making them look like a large hamster cage playground?

My Idea, for a huge price you build a "Massive Orbital Production Complex" that has upgradable slots that are just like stations for each type of thing you wish to produce either it be a great many of different goods or a chain. Also It would have slots for an equipment dock and a shipyard.

Resources, Only thing you would need to bring to it is the base materials like ore, silicon, energy cells, extra. As to the amount of upgrade slots I'm not sure but there should be a lot.

This task would be best done by Egosoft as it requires a new station model and lots of scripting but I think it would really be a cool station and make life so much easier.

Walterses
x3tc

Post by Walterses » Wed, 4. Feb 09, 08:57

i think thats a mad idea... would make a massive difference
Would someone kill those dam fighters all ready? Those flack cannons are giving me a headache :s

Gazz
x4

Re: [IDEA] Massive Orbital Production Complex, Egosoft wink wink

Post by Gazz » Wed, 4. Feb 09, 12:17

Rogue99 wrote:This task would be best done by Egosoft as it requires a new station model and lots of scripting but I think it would really be a cool station and make life so much easier.
It would be a completely new concept from the ground up with all new interfaces for construction and operation.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

-Villain-
x2

Post by -Villain- » Thu, 5. Feb 09, 18:04

or a simplier idea (Which i thought of, showing the type of mind i have....) is an option for 'Build Complex Here' type thing. You mark a patch of space with a nav sat, or even an ore/silicon mine and then select the Complex option. Every station you add after that is neatly stacked next to it and added to the complex. No messing around with placing stations, just plonk it down and let the machine do the thinking.

Krewzur
x4

Post by Krewzur » Thu, 5. Feb 09, 18:45

Isn't that exactly what this script already does??:
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=225042

It just replaces a complex with one big station model.

Isn't that what your looking for??
Corsair 400c // Intel i7 8700k // H100i v2 // ASUS Maximus X Code // ASUS 1080ti Strix OC // 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz // Samsung 960 Evo 250GB // 960GB SanDisk Ultra II // Corsair RM850i

Rogue99
x3tc

Post by Rogue99 » Thu, 5. Feb 09, 20:48

No I'm looking for a very large well modeled station on a massive scale. Something that really looks like thousands of people inhabit the station and work there. The look of the station would not change as you upgraded station slots. I recently got X3TC and haven't made it over to earth yet but from the X3TC trailer or demo forget which, there is a huge station there. Its the one with the small terran fighters flying through. I want to see something on that scale for this station. I think that would be sweet!

That hamster fun park that you posted is not what I had in mind, but the principle is kinda the same. Nice thing about my station idea is that you don't need to haul the individual stations and place each one. In my idea you just pick one of the open slots and you have a choice of stations to install. Its all internal baby! At most maybe you just haul the station from the shipyard to the Massive Orbital Complex then unload it at the station then chose a slot and install the station.

The one thing I never did like about the X series was how inefficient have to build all these different factories individually and only way to make it more efficient was to connect it up with tubes, very today in space engineering. I would hope in the future specially in a volatile universe as the X series you would need more efficient means of station construction as well as a very tough and solid station to handle attacks. Hamster tubes don't do well to laser fire and missiles I don't think lol.

Bertone
x3

Post by Bertone » Thu, 5. Feb 09, 21:36

Well, your idea is substantially the same of the Complex Cleaner mod, but you think there should be a REAL station, with a new model, don't you?

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Thu, 5. Feb 09, 21:39

Nah. He wants a completely different implementation of complex building. Another interface - the whole deal.

Nothing wrong with wishing for that. Heck, I would like that, too.

Going to happen? No.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Seathal
x4

Post by Seathal » Thu, 5. Feb 09, 21:42

Spoiler
Show
The station you mean is the Earth Torus, but that's too massive for it to fit in most of the sectors and the model includes the portion of the ring you see I think.
I think this has already been purposed before.

The only viable way I see to do this is to pick an already existing model and set it up as that "hub" of stations you mean, but easing it up.

Instead of "adding" the stations you could have this option to "upgrade" the complex building. Instead pf physically adding the station you give the station X money and a script adds the production and resource stats into it, as for the upgrades you just do the same and the scipt modifies and adjsuts the materials needed to suit the current status. Turndowns of this? It'd still require a massive ammount of scripting and the process of "ugrading" would have to differ from normal station building, and thus still complicated.

The easiest way would be to modify Gazz' script (with his permission) and "change" the model of his low-fps complex to give it a nicer look at the cost of some fps (but still better than spaghetti-looking complexes).

Rogue99
x3tc

Post by Rogue99 » Fri, 6. Feb 09, 00:06

Yeah I could live with an existing model, a rare station you almost never see kinda thing but still the amount of scripting is well meh hehehe. Thats why I went wink wink egosoft. I realize it will never happen unless a modder wants to put in some crazy effort but still I just wanted to throw the idea out there.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Fri, 6. Feb 09, 00:43

I see this as the next extension of the station in HQ script, that hasnt been ported to TC yet.

You use a really large station model, like the Torus or one of the Terran stations, and you include slots to load a station into in the station menu. You load the station kit onto the station by direct transfer, then activate through the station menu slot by adding it to the list. The station then performs like it is in a complex with the station itself as a hub. The station has a huge amount of storage space, both for station kits, and the products and resources.

So you need to buy the mega-station, then each station kit separately. You dont need complex hits, but the cost of mega-station is more than them anyway. Limit of say 200 station slots for each mega-station.

Mega-station has minimum of PHQ docking, but preferably more, especially for freighters, it should dock at least 100 freighters/M6 at a time. This is too avoid long lines of npcs waiting to dock.

If Station in HQ can be ported to TC and upgraded for the new stations, someone should be able to take it a step further.

Rogue99
x3tc

Post by Rogue99 » Fri, 6. Feb 09, 03:56

apricotslice wrote:I see this as the next extension of the station in HQ script, that hasnt been ported to TC yet.

You use a really large station model, like the Torus or one of the Terran stations, and you include slots to load a station into in the station menu. You load the station kit onto the station by direct transfer, then activate through the station menu slot by adding it to the list. The station then performs like it is in a complex with the station itself as a hub. The station has a huge amount of storage space, both for station kits, and the products and resources.

So you need to buy the mega-station, then each station kit separately. You dont need complex hits, but the cost of mega-station is more than them anyway. Limit of say 200 station slots for each mega-station.

Mega-station has minimum of PHQ docking, but preferably more, especially for freighters, it should dock at least 100 freighters/M6 at a time. This is too avoid long lines of npcs waiting to dock.

If Station in HQ can be ported to TC and upgraded for the new stations, someone should be able to take it a step further.
Sounds good to me!

Krewzur
x4

Post by Krewzur » Fri, 6. Feb 09, 21:37

Rogue99 wrote:That hamster fun park that you posted is not what I had in mind
No the complex cleaner changes the "hamster fun park" into one massive station.

The first picture is before, and the second picture of that big massive square station is after.
Seathal wrote:The station you mean is the Earth Torus, but that's too massive for it to fit in most of the sectors and the model includes the portion of the ring you see I think.
The station model doesn't include the ring, just the part of the station you dock at. At least it didn't have the ring when i spawned it with the script editor.

So the station is about the same size as an orbital defense station (i think, i've never compared). But the real problem is that the collision bubble is huge
Corsair 400c // Intel i7 8700k // H100i v2 // ASUS Maximus X Code // ASUS 1080ti Strix OC // 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz // Samsung 960 Evo 250GB // 960GB SanDisk Ultra II // Corsair RM850i

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”